Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Help.
Closed Thread
Old 01 Dec 2006, 00:43   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Help.

Hello there, everybody! I have some qeustions.[again.]
1.-which is better in chimera, a commandsqaud, or a heavyweapons team?

2-what tanks are good against orks?

3-What would be more useful or worth it in hand-to-hand against ork boyz- 20 men with krak grenades and carapace armour,or stormtroopers ?

Post properly, use grammer. I found it exceptionally hard to read that.

Also... stop asking extremly dodgy questions. Experiment, don't spam questions.
Old 01 Dec 2006, 01:08   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: help,help,and help.

You know me, I'm no IG player but, You can flank them with chimeras with mounted heavy flamers(if you can put those on it)
once their troops have to separate they are gone, I play them much and their tactic is simple. Get into hand to hand and use grots as body bags, use truck to get their.

If you get armour and high strength weaponry, blow up their trucks, you can out manoeuvre them with guardsmen in the chimeras blowing them to kingdom come. don't make them get out of the chimeras!!

They have the cannons usually unguarded you could send stormtroopers in and kill them.

Trust me on this one,they even said this, that they love painting, but the only thing they know is getting into hand-to-hand as fast as possible, so,thats my idea since we kinda fight each other and the ork players. (people remember I'm not saying this would be good against all ork players, but just these certain ones.)

Old 01 Dec 2006, 01:11   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

I don't think you can put a heavy weapon squad in a Chimera...
The best squad you could put in a Chimera is an armoured fist squad.

The best tank against Orks is a Leman Russ, hands down.
Enough AP to rip through their armour, and a battlecannon..

Old 01 Dec 2006, 01:12   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

1. If you actually want to use the command squad in battle ... I reccomend doing that ... but I would go for the Heavy Weapon team/Guardsmen Squad for shooty shooty.

2. Orkz excell in CC so i wouldn't confront them like that. though you get to strike force with higher initiative, they get extra attacks. I'd go for the storm troopers that HIT ON 3+ and Wound on 5+ and they peirce normal ork armor (AP6).

No such thing as a stupid question. There are basic and easy questions.

Best tank? Leman Russ. 2 Heavy bolters, 1 battle cannon, and 1 lascannon (optional heavy stubber/bolter on top). Mow down lines of infantry.
Old 01 Dec 2006, 01:21   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to privateryann

be careful to pack in a good amount of medium strength weaponry to stop the wartracks in their tracks. Once you slow an ork army down to pure foot-slogging, its all merely a matter of target prioritizing.
Old 01 Dec 2006, 01:24   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

that reminds me ... mortars can help you pinn down and slow down Orkz, but i dont reccomend doing that.
Old 01 Dec 2006, 11:35   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterCresent
I don't think you can put a heavy weapon squad in a Chimera...
The best squad you could put in a Chimera is an armoured fist squad.

The best tank against Orks is a Leman Russ, hands down.
Enough AP to rip through their armour, and a battlecannon..

Yes but how many Leman Russ? King Yarrick and I fight each other but also this ork player that uses lots of grots, 25 orks, a killer can, and about 5 vehicles, usual times you can't sit there and try to mow them down, all hits go on grots, and he just tries to get there into hand-to-hand as fast as possible because usually the opponents (Besides me) they face always sit there and shoot so they get the advantage of moving 25" and unloading 25 orks that are buffed up extrremely, the way I usually win with my Eldar can work with IG (against this ork player at least) move tanks 12" and flank them, with a lot of guardsmen in the tanks to shoot down all the orks, they have to wait 2 turns to load on and move towards them, and then the lascannons come into play when the turn the vehicles around bye bye,then the leman Russes do what ever they are good at, and are leman russes good on the move, or stationary?

Old 01 Dec 2006, 11:51   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Help.

Well, you should have more heavy weapons then a Leman Russ.

The Leman's Lascannon and Heavy Bolter could easily mow down the orks smaller vehicles, while your missile launchers/lascannons/autocannons should be able to lick the killer kans.

Once you've killed their heavier vehicles, maneuver your Leman Russ into position to avoid priority checks and the grot's special rules.

It's not hard, It's a giant web of knots, you can figure it out, you just need practice.
Old 01 Dec 2006, 19:11   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Yarrick
Hello there, everybody! I have some qeustions.[again.]
1.-which is better in chimera, a commandsqaud, or a heavyweapons team?

2-what tanks are good against orks?

3-What would be more useful or worth it in hand-to-hand against ork boyz- 20 men with krak grenades and carapace armour,or stormtroopers ?

Post properly, use grammer. I found it exceptionally hard to read that.

Also... stop asking extremly dodgy questions. Experiment, don't spam questions.
1-none are better, they have different abilities for different roles.
2-all of them. my personal fave is a leman with 3 hvy bolters and a hvy stubber. but a chimera with heavy flamers is also nice for downing large numbers of tough guys.
3-the 20 man infantry would be better in HtH because there are more of them. but krak grenades are really difficult to use, and a points sink (esp. with 20 of them!) maybe a single squad with krak grens, but in general, you dont need that many and they will hardly ever be used. stormies are a shooting squad, and fare no better than grunts in HtH so you may as well go with the numbers.

Fixed your quote problem- JD
Old 01 Dec 2006, 20:01   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'd assume a Hellhound would do well against orks, the ap can penetrade 'ard boy armor (i think) and the flame template negates cover saves, like the shield they can take. it also takes up a fast attack slot, so no worries about less Lemans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Closed Thread