Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Boom!....Boom!...Bam! "Hit!"
Closed Thread
Old 11 Jan 2005, 03:56   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Boom!....Boom!...Bam! "Hit!"

IG have cuaght my interest. Mainly the amount of tanks rolling out pumping out poerful shots and the masses of foot troops. Also, their unique models like Steel Legion and the Kasrkins are cool.

I just wonder, how have people who do play IG faired? So far my Tau are pretty good, but I think I might want to take up IG also.
I'm tired of being poor, and even worse I'm black
my stomach hurts, so I'm looking for a purse to snatch
Cops give a damn about a negro
pull a trigger, kill a nigger, he's a hero
Givin back to the kids, who the hell cares
one less hungry mouth on the welfare
first ship them dope, let them deal to brothers
give them guns, step back and watch them kill each other
It's time to fight back, that's what Huey said
2 shots in the dark, now Huey's dead I got love for my brothers but we can never go nowhere unless we share with each other we gotta start makin changes learn to see me as a brother instead of 2 distant strangers and that's how it's supposed be how can you tell them take a brother if he's close to me I'd love to go back to when we played as kids but things change, and that's the way it is come on, come on that's just the way it is things will never be the same that's just the way it is, ahh yeah X2 I see no changes all I see is racist faces misplaced hate, makes disgrace the racist we under, I wonder what it takes to make this one better place, let's erase the wasted take the evil out the people, they'll be actin right cuz both black and white are smokin crack tonight and the only time we chill is when we kill each other it's takes skill to be real, time to heal each other and I know it's seems Heaven since we aint ready, to see a black president it aint a secret of a sealed up fact penetentiarys packed, and it's filled with blacks but some things will never change tried to show another way, but ya stayin in the dope game now tell me what's a mother to do? being real don't appeal to the brother in you - yeah - You gotta operate the easy way - I made a G today - but you made it in a sleezy way sellin crack to the kids - I gotta get paid - well hey, well that's the way it is chorus talking ... we gotta make a change it's time for us as a peopl
Old 11 Jan 2005, 09:02   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Boom!....Boom!...Bam! "Hit!"

IG can function in many ways, but my favourite is the SIGAFH.

For those who don't know, it means Shooty Imperial Guard Army From Hell, and it deserves the title.

The way the SIGAFH works is simple: shoot as many guns at the enemy per turn as humanly possible. Once the enemy is crippled, running and/or refusing to fight, you just waltz over and claim whatever objective your opponent spent 4-5 turns dying over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 11 Jan 2005, 09:52   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Yep, I was aware of that acronym and the typical Guard army deserves it believe me!

Do you know how many shots a Platoon of Guardsmen can throw out at 12" (bearing in mind 12" is where a Guardsmen is the most scared and at the most risk )? The answer, a h*ll of a lot!
Old 11 Jan 2005, 22:02   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

model wise guard are great the steel legion are especily good and you have the option to play lots of differnt types of guard army with use of the doctrine system.
Old 12 Jan 2005, 10:52   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Theres a good side to guard and a bad, Good is the kinda scary 110 shots (lasguns only, no specials) at 12" a platoon (full) can throw out, toasted marines anyone? The bad thing is that you have lots of models to paint and no time to do it cos you have to be earning money to afford a footslogger guard army, overall, I might go imperial, still stuck Eldar or Guard but for ultimate shock factor go mecha

Something Like this:
Grenadiers
Techpreist Enginseers
Mechanised
Veterans
Cyber Enhancement

How about that, loads of TANKS!

Old 12 Jan 2005, 10:55   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

But expensive models, and quite vulnerable.

The standard Guard list is often the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 12 Jan 2005, 10:58   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Ths SHOCK factors the best though, pulling Tank after Tank out your transport case, best felling in the world
Old 12 Jan 2005, 11:53   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

How many tanks can IG get in 1850 point games?
I'm tired of being poor, and even worse I'm black
my stomach hurts, so I'm looking for a purse to snatch
Cops give a damn about a negro
pull a trigger, kill a nigger, he's a hero
Givin back to the kids, who the hell cares
one less hungry mouth on the welfare
first ship them dope, let them deal to brothers
give them guns, step back and watch them kill each other
It's time to fight back, that's what Huey said
2 shots in the dark, now Huey's dead I got love for my brothers but we can never go nowhere unless we share with each other we gotta start makin changes learn to see me as a brother instead of 2 distant strangers and that's how it's supposed be how can you tell them take a brother if he's close to me I'd love to go back to when we played as kids but things change, and that's the way it is come on, come on that's just the way it is things will never be the same that's just the way it is, ahh yeah X2 I see no changes all I see is racist faces misplaced hate, makes disgrace the racist we under, I wonder what it takes to make this one better place, let's erase the wasted take the evil out the people, they'll be actin right cuz both black and white are smokin crack tonight and the only time we chill is when we kill each other it's takes skill to be real, time to heal each other and I know it's seems Heaven since we aint ready, to see a black president it aint a secret of a sealed up fact penetentiarys packed, and it's filled with blacks but some things will never change tried to show another way, but ya stayin in the dope game now tell me what's a mother to do? being real don't appeal to the brother in you - yeah - You gotta operate the easy way - I made a G today - but you made it in a sleezy way sellin crack to the kids - I gotta get paid - well hey, well that's the way it is chorus talking ... we gotta make a change it's time for us as a peopl
Old 12 Jan 2005, 12:25   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well, they could get abpout hmmmm. maybe 9-10 Tanks includeing Chimeras for theSquads, actually include the chimes and maybe 15, ask Wargamer
Old 12 Jan 2005, 20:13   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Kre Mont re

+++In a standard IG army sticking rigidly to the 'dex and the FOC, you can have six. Three hellhounds for F/A, plus three leman russ/ leman russ demolisher/ basilisks for H/S. I don't think Chimeras really count as they're APCs, but you could include up to, maybe, 5 of them?+++

+++If you use Armoured Company rules though, you can pretty much take one tank for every FOC slot+++