Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Godzilla Problems
Closed Thread
Old 27 Nov 2006, 02:15   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Godzilla Problems

Anyone heard of those Godzilla 'nid lists that pound that shit outta poor PDF blokes like us? Yea, well I fought a good one today as marines with an IG ally (why I'm posting here) vs a Godzilla and tank-heavy Irown Warriors duo. We got butchered. Anyone have any advice on fighting the monstrous creatures? We tried creating many small, anti-tank squads with our Heavy Weapons in each. Defilers and basilisks pounded through our infantry and the predators laid waste to our tanks so we were left with very small, half broken squads to fight the godzillas.
It was traumatizing...
Old 27 Nov 2006, 02:54   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Godzilla Problems

I dont see why AT squads wouldnt work .. All i have to say is that you should have MORE Anti-Tank/vehicle squads with AP1. Sounds like a fun battle.
Old 27 Nov 2006, 03:02   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

AP1...melta, multi-melta
In short, not a whole lot of AP1 available.
Plasma might work if I had more of it, 6 tac squads with Cleans and Purify and dual plasmaguns certainly didn't help.
Old 27 Nov 2006, 03:04   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

Lascannons, even though they will be prime targets for the enemy, I took one 5 man las squad w/ my templar once and I was picking off some of the weeker synapses right away
Old 27 Nov 2006, 03:09   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

I would say for the next time .... feild a couple Lascannon HW Squads ... The high strength should easily take down any monstrous creature (depend on toughness). Also goes with vehicles.

Ok .. I understand Melta is the only limited AP1 weapon in the Imperium(i could be wrong). Feilding a LMR Demolisher ,even with its short range, can take most invincible creatures.. Beware that it might get killed by stray missile launchers and whatnots.
Old 27 Nov 2006, 06:32   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Imperial Guard tanks are pretty much useless against monstrous creatures. They can wound fairly well, but just dont have the number of hits to be effective. The Guard should take as many guardsmen as they can with as many lascannons and plasma guns as they can. Same for your Marines. Six man squads with a lascannon and plasma gun are going to be quite effective at taking down monstrous creatures. Assault Squads with plasma pistols and power fist sarges are actually quite effective against fexes. Marine Predators are better against monstrous creatures, but if the guard don't have any tanks then yours will get all their anti-tank firepower. If both of you fielded all infantry armies with as many lascannons and plasma guns as you can. If you have good delivery systems, then meltas can be effective too.
Old 27 Nov 2006, 06:37   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I'll consider lascannons. I only have one right now per the 100-110 marines I have.
It wouldn't be too terrible to counter if I bought some more models. I don't want to have to buy a LR or two just to counter a beardy list that's no fun to play. My ally was off in the corner the whole game because he didn't want to fight 6 carnifex models and two flyrants. I don't blame him.
Thanks for your tips everyone.
Old 27 Nov 2006, 16:24   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Land Raiders are actually quite aweful against godzilla nids; those two lascannons just don't warrent their points shooting. I'm 90% sure that the 'Nids can only have one flying Tyrant not two.
Old 27 Nov 2006, 16:57   #9 (permalink)
General Stupidity

Take some Ratlings, massed Sniper fire should finish them easily....

Old 27 Nov 2006, 17:14   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

that is not a bad idea at all the sniper always wound on a 4+, did not even think of that
"If your soldiers show fear in the face of the Emperor's enemies, shoot the first man that falters. If this does not work shoot a man until the unit is either functioning properly or decimated. There can be no fear in the Imperial Guard."

----

Comment attributed to Commissar Ran Creed Attached to the Savlar 42nd

Status -- Killed by Friendly Fire
Closed Thread