Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My futur project, an almost all Infantry IG army (WARNING : Kinda long!)
Closed Thread
Old 11 Jan 2005, 01:57   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default My futur project, an almost all Infantry IG army (WARNING : Kinda long!)

Hey!

I'm actually writting some fluff stuff 'bout my Sallies. They are in a Campaign against a huge force of Tau in an Underhive. Sallies help was request from an Xenos Ordo =][=. He learn from that =][= that the Tau will be launching a attack from the inside of the hive to steel some alien artefacts that are kept in a highly secured place under the control of the Ordo Xenos. It was reported that Farsight himself will be leading that Cadre that will infiltrate the Hive. An Ordo Xenos =][= joined the Greater Good and told the presence of those artefacts to Farsight, so he could hide in the Farsight Encalve to avoid the Wrath of the =][=.

When Chaplain Thu'Ook received the call for assistance, he ask the =][= in charge how big what the Tau force. When he saw the repport, he new that his Company was not strong enough to fight a Tau force like this one, he called his old friend (we’ll call him Bob since I don’t have a name for him!) Bob, a HSO of an IG regiment. They both fought alongside in a battle against the ‘nids. Bob and Thu’Ook became good friends after that campaign. Bob’s regiment is reknown for its stealth and sheer* number in guardsmen and almost no tanks. Since the mission that will be given to Thu’Ook and Bob will be to deploy in the Underhive secretly without the Tau knowing their presence (yup, even SM can be silent ;o) ), Bob’s regiment was a good one for the job.

So, this regiment joined the Strike Force Malleator and are fighting Tau alongside the Sallies.

Now, those will be the doctrine I’ll use:
  • Veterans
  • Heavy Weapon Platoons
  • Special Weapon Squad (for the 3-sniper option!!!)
  • Light Infantry
  • Cameleoline
Veterans
Why Veterans?

Now, with Hardened Vet. Squad, you can have the same number of assault weapon as a Special Weapon Team (HQ choice of support squad) but with 10 models! Of course, you don't have access to demo. charge and sniper... but sniper will force your squad to stay still to allow your sniper to take a shot... and you'll lose the joy of using 3* assault weapons! Demo. charges? prefer 3 flamers... that doesn't scatter!

Why Veterans intead of Stormtroopers:

- 3... yes 3 assault weapons!!! (Only 2 with Stormtroopers)
- With the Veterans Doctrine, I forget the 0-1 limit.
- Can be CC oriented (Can't do that with Stromtroopers)
- Hardened Veterans Sergeants can have the Officers only items! (ST sergeants? Nah... they can't!)
- Chimera? Yep!
- No Chimera = Infiltrate? Of course!

Heavy Weapon Platoons
Well, I'm not a tank fan so HW Platoons are the best way to get powerfull long-ranged weapons on the field!

Special Weapon Squad
Well, sneaky and sniper for me goes together like Promethium and Salamanders! The idea of 2 3-sniper squads is interesting!

Light Infantry
I've been playing the demo game I have for Killzone on my new PS2. That gave me alot of idea for my IG army! That game* makes me want to have a more sneaky army. Sneaky means not so many tanks. I plan on using only Chimeras for my grenadiers (my back up units, heavily armoured and better guns). I will also use Sentinels to support my infantry units and I might use a Hellhound.

Cameleoline
Did I mention that my army where meant to be sneaky? Well, Cameleoline is a nice piece of clothing that helps to be less visible! And it's more fluffy than Grenadiers! (that I was suppose to have...)

Modeling my army? All my army will have modified lasgun. I want a lasgun that will look different. All my guns will have been inspire from Killzone. You will have to scroll down once you clicked on the links because the site doen't allow that we link only the pics... the whole page have to be there... _ Please note that I know that some of those weapons shoot bullets and not las-beam. In 40K, I'm sure some world still use those weapons (like the heavy stubber). I like the idea of having empty shells on my mini bases!

Lasgun
Lasgun, a different version
Lasgun, another look
Missile launcher
Missile launcher, another look
Possible grenade launcher (might be the assault weapon use alot by my IG)
Grenade launcher, another look
Possible helmet and gasmask idea
Some idea of the overall look of my IG (taken from Urban Mammoth website)
Have I mentionned Sniper earlier?

As for pistols, I'll see in the small book you recieve when you buy a game. I don't have it yet but I hope that there's picture of the weapons. If not, perhaps in the full game cd. For the lasgun vs the hellhun, the hellgun will look bulkier so more powerfull and since it'll be a different look, it'll be easy to tell people the difference. I'm thinking of giving all my infantry squad frag grenades so all lasguns(except the ones in HW teams) and hellguns will have grenade launcher under the main gun. So instead of throwing the grenades when they charge, they shoot them. For my Vets, I'll give them all shotguns. I have to search for more nice lookin' shotguns to get some insperation.

That’s long! What ya think of that?

Chaplain Thu'Ook
Leader of the Strike Force Malleator
Old 11 Jan 2005, 09:53   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: My futur project, an almost all Infantry IG army (WARNING : Kinda long!)

It seems that you've put a lot of thought it this and overall, I like it.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 14:25   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: My futur project, an almost all Infantry IG army (WARNING : Kinda long!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcanine
It seems that you've put a lot of thought it this and overall, I like it.
Thanks! I do put alot of thought. I did the same thing for my WIP Salamander Chaplain (check my the link in my sig). I like it when an army is played along its fluff. I haven't chose those doctrine because I though they were cool... I needed something fonctionnal and fluffy. The only problem with that is that it can take me alot of time before I look at what I'm doing and be satisfied!

Cheers!

Chaplain Thu'Ook
Promethean Cultist
Old 12 Jan 2005, 10:57   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Very good, now one quirk, how about replacing Grenadiers with camoline? fit in more with the fluff of what I'm seeing
Old 12 Jan 2005, 15:12   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Very good, now one quirk, how about replacing Grenadiers with camoline? fit in more with the fluff of what I'm seeing
I'm still trying to decide between Cameleoline and Grenadier... I like the idea of an Elite force comming after the stealth force to support the sneaky guys... although having better hidden guys because of their clothes is also tempting...

To many choice! >.<

Chaplain Thu'Ook
Promethean Cultist
Old 12 Jan 2005, 16:05   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

well it seems afully unfluffy for your army style to have mecha grenadiers, youve got veterans
Old 12 Jan 2005, 17:54   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
well it seems afully unfluffy for your army style to have mecha grenadiers, youve got veterans
You have a point there! :P When I'll have time, I'll change my original topic... cameleoline will be nice! I can always have Armored Fist Squad with regular Guards... just not too much will do fine.

Cheers!

Chaplain Thu'Ook
Promethean Cultist
Old 12 Jan 2005, 20:34   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Updated. I change the Grenadiers for Cameleoline. I'll train my regular Guards to be able to be the Armored fist of my Army... 1 or 2 max... as for the weapons, I forgot that FW will release the Elysian Drop Troops models... the weapons are suppose to be sexy so I might wait to see what the models look like...

Cheers!

Chaplain Thu'Ook
Promethean Cultist
Old 16 Jan 2005, 20:20   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

are you taking snipers?
Old 17 Jan 2005, 14:06   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftercresent
are you taking snipers?
Can't play that army without snipers! I just love them!

Chaplain Thu'Ook
Promethean Cultist
Closed Thread