Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New to IG, Need Help Making Fluff
Closed Thread
Old 25 Nov 2006, 22:14   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default New to IG, Need Help Making Fluff

Hey, I just started IG last Sunday and I decided now would be a good time to start writing some fluff. However, I have no idea how to get started! Any help with what sorts of things I should be writing about and in what order I should be writing them in would help a lot, thanks!
Old 25 Nov 2006, 22:20   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: New to IG, Need Help Making Fluff

For a start, don't have fluff on one guy killing thousands of Orks or hundreds of Chaos Space Marines single-handedly. Imperial Guard is more realistic, full of simple humans. A marine can get shot by a Heavy Bolter and live. A guardsman can't. Make sure it is interesting, but also realistic.

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 28 Nov 2006, 05:19   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Kansas, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, World, Milky way, universe
Send a message via AIM to valhallen_warrior Send a message via MSN to valhallen_warrior Send a message via Skype™ to valhallen_warrior
Default Re: New to IG, Need Help Making Fluff

Start with a homeworld description, if no homeworld then explain where theyrecruit from.

then do details about the regiment specialtys and things they are known for.

Then write about leaders and characters

then write about actions they have participated in and any conflicts within the army

Ex:

1) Ultstadt Sol, home of the Ultstadt Solvek 7th Riders

2)Armored companys and mechanized regiments due to industrialization,
Ogryns due to the constant fighting amidst the regiment
Independent Commissars due to the lack of discipline
Carapace armor due to the value which each nation places on thier troops
Stormtroopers due to the basic survival skills needed to survive the regiment

3) General Crestov
Sargent Chellmohev
Private "Muse"
Private "lightning" Casse

4)They are relativly new to the imperium but have experienced 13 world wars between the three main nations of Ultstadt Sol, Lebin, Monpack, and Stavnar. These nations are mixed in a hodgepodge in the platoons. This unfortunate occurence has created fighting and in field kills of freindly units. This has brought about the use of many commissars in the regiment though even the death penalty has little effect upon the disipline of the regiment.

there ya go

"I have no delusions of divinity. We are men, not gods. Man is his own god, his own devil, his own death--we are created in our own image, yet imprisoned by the face we call our own. I will remake the world as I have remade my face." - The Black Mask
Closed Thread