Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Elysian Lists
Closed Thread
Old 20 Nov 2006, 05:49   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Aquila_XV8
Default Elysian Lists

I was just wondering what list to use for an Elysian army. There is the one in Chapter Approved 2003, the Imperial Armouramocles Crusade, and then there is the generic Guard List that can take drop troops.
I wanted to have stormtroopers as my troops (as I don't want to be painting 40+ models just to fill my minimum troops requirements ;D). So what do you guys reccommend? Or have I missed a list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Welcome to the Navy, Chevron.

Longest Ever Maiden Chain: 55
Old 20 Nov 2006, 17:23   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Elysian Lists

You also missed the D-99 in IA4. The original list is in IA3.

The one in IA4, is for the Vet D-99. With this list you can create a more vet unit and the cost per unit is higher but with BS4.

I have it somewhere around here. If you use it you won't need so many troops but it is limited and I think it will only work in smaller games.

As for me, I have been using the Elysian List out of IA3, with decent results. But I only play smaller games up to 1k.

I may be using the IG dex more though because I want to create more mixed units with Heavy Support on the ground and with DT coming in to support them.

WT
Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Old 20 Nov 2006, 18:50   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I've successfully used the IA3 list but unfortunately it is not entirely tournament legal ( you need organiser's permission to play it ). I have have found that both VBalkyries and Vultures add a lot to the list. Here are some pics ( never miss a chance to show off my models )

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...xkat/elysians/

Heroic Captain, Power fist, trademark item, las pistol Command squad:
Master vox, melta, medic, vet sgt W auxiliary GL

Hardened Veteran Squad
3x Melta Gun, Shotguns, VS w/ Honorifica PF
( sometimes valkyrie added)

1st platoon
Command squad, lt with power weapon
Medic, vox, melta gun, VS with AGL

Squad: vox, Demo charge, GL, VS with AGL

2nd platoon

3rd platoon

Drop sentinel, multi melta

Drop sentinel, multi melta

Vulture, Twin linked auto cannons, 2xrocket pods, armoured ****pit. Chaff/flares

Notice the lack of plasma! I've kept it pretty thematic using grenade klaunchers and demo charges everywhere but the Vulture and Valkyrie Vet Squad are the stars of each game.

Old 20 Nov 2006, 19:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Aquila_XV8

Godamn I dont have IA4 :'(

Quote:
I may be using the IG dex more though because I want to create more mixed units with Heavy Support on the ground and with DT coming in to support them.
I think I may be doing that aswell. BTW Nice minis bebe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Welcome to the Navy, Chevron.

Longest Ever Maiden Chain: 55
Old 21 Nov 2006, 05:42   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

@bebe How do you like the Demo charges? I like them but my units tend to get tied up before they get to throw them.

I am using the IA3 rules for now. I tend to go plasma crazy but then again I always play one type of marine or another.

I use Heavy Bolter and ML units support units. I may drop my MLs and add in another
Heavy Bolter units and just throw in some Meltaguns in my units to give me more Anit-Tank.

WT
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Old 21 Nov 2006, 15:33   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Elysian ( and drop troop ) Overview

I love the demo charges - they and the fliers were my main reason for building an Elysian force.

- Valkyries and Vultures provide fire support and mobility and I want to test Tarantulas as well.
- Drop sentinels are very good tactically. They get access to the rear armour of vehicles relatively easy. I use multi-meltas but configuring with flamers to devastate troops is a good choice too.
- Special weapons squads with melta guns and/or demo charges can devastate MEQs but clearly can take out tanks very effectively a well.
- The problem is that they are unpredictable but that is also the fun part of using them. Its rather pleasing that the demo charge reinforces the suicide nature of the squad by deviating back on to its own unit half the time.
- Land next to an opponent unit and destroy it, but watch out as subsequently they tend to get wiped out.
- You can not guarantee the squad wont deviate and scatter making them completely ineffective.
- Deep strike means you wont be using these squads until turn two whichcan work in your favour. Drop troops are a bit of a double-edged sword in that they are unpredictable. This can confound your enemy's plans quite nicely, because you can exploit any hole in his defenses but it an also backfire.
- Your Vet squads perform the same function with greater reliability but are not nearly as much fun to field. Non-the-less a force could use two in Valkyries. Be aware though that they are fluffy but not necessarily effective. In fact they can be a liability.
- Identifying your targets carefully helps. You arrive piecemeal so use whole platoons to take out your target and hold objectives.
- Improved Coms, help Drop Troops out and go heavy on Platoons (as 55 Men can come down on a single reserve roll...then add in the re-roll)
- Are the Tarantula sentry guns able to deep strike? yooo bet and they can be mounted in a Valkyrie. Elysian Tarantulas are better than the standard IG ones in that they have the ability to Deep Strike, plus they don't have the 'Targetting' and 'Firing Modes' attributes/drawbacks of the IG varients, or at least they aren't listed in the 'Special rules' section for the Sentry Gun Battery.

Old 21 Nov 2006, 22:00   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

HQ:
HQ squad (5 men)
Captain- Plasma Pistol
Guardsmen –Plasmagun
Vet Sergeant – Plasma Pistol
- - - Attached Heavy Bolter Squad (6 men)
- - - Attached Special Weapons Squad with 2 Meltaguns & demo charge (6 men)
- - - Attached Anti Tank Squad 3 Rocket Launchers (6 men)
Total Command - 412

TROOPS:
1st Platoon - Platoon Command
Lieutenant- Plasma Pistol
Guardsmen – Medipack and Plasmagun
Vet Sgt- Plasma Pistol

1st Infantry Squad – Meltagun and Demo Charge
2nd Infantry Squad – Meltagun and Demo Charge

Total – 228

2nd Platoon – Platoon Command
Lieutenant- Plasma Pistol Power Weapon
Guardsmen Plasmagun and Medi-pack

3rd Infantry Squad – Flamer and Demo charge
4th Infantry Squad – Flamer and Demo charge

Total - 225

FAST ATTACK:
Drop Sentinel with Heavy Bolter
Drop Sentinel with Multi-Melta
Total – 95

Grand Total of 1000 [points]

- No Voxes at all, once you drop you are on your own.
- Extra points allows me to buy more weapon upgrades
-Plasma really hurts those Power Armour Freaks!!
-I had been using Snipers in the support section, but I changed to Meltaguns for more tank killing fun.
- this list works good for 1k for bigger games I plan to use my Vulture and Valkyrie

WT
Closed Thread