Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

04th Reggelan Airborne
Closed Thread
Old 09 Nov 2006, 01:04   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to LoTide Send a message via MSN to LoTide
Default 04th Reggelan Airborne

I am not exactly new to 40k, but I just did a small SM force to test out my painting and learn to play. so now I want to make a real, large, tabletop worthy army...I want aircraft!

anyway, I was thinking of getting a Valkerie Trasport and some Cadians to make a decent force, but I could use a hand to form a decent army. I have plenty of money saved up to get the stuff also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero - 55 BC
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."
Old 09 Nov 2006, 02:22   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Gada Mazaha Send a message via MSN to Gada Mazaha
Default Re: 04th Reggelan Airborne

Is there a question you want answered in that post?

Well, I'm going to assume, but you might want to check out the Ellysian Drop Troops at Forgeworld. They use Valkyries to drop out of, and can do some serious damage. I was torn to tatters a few weeks ago by an army appearing out of now where, and those flying things are so pesky to hit!
Old 09 Nov 2006, 20:50   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

lol, sorry, I was half asleep when I posted that! but Just general aid in making an IG army is what I want. like, What is the best formation of my army when making an Airborne company? and What kind of units(other than Ellysian) would be best for that army type? and what colors would be best for droptroops and/or aircraft? Thats pretty much it, just some advise from actual IG players.
Quote:
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."
Old 10 Nov 2006, 21:15   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Kansas, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, World, Milky way, universe
Send a message via AIM to valhallen_warrior Send a message via MSN to valhallen_warrior Send a message via Skype™ to valhallen_warrior

Well, color wise, you could just choose your favorite modern day or past army and paint your guy based on that. My regiment is Grey Brown and Red based on the U.S.S.R troops from WWII. They turned out pretty nice and the colors go well together. 8)

I've yet to make an airborn company, Mabye Later, but as for units, i would go heavy on close combat. Not sure if Ogryns can be dropped but id use them if possible, and mabye a veteran squad with flamers and las pistol/close combat weapons, also id give the verterans carapace armour. Unfortunatly i think that army might get ripped to shreds by orks or tyranids but hey, it would still be fun to watch your imperial gaurd get ripped to bits ;D.

Finally , if possible, i would drop at least one Leman Russ. Just to piss the other guy off. :shifty:

"I have no delusions of divinity. We are men, not gods. Man is his own god, his own devil, his own death--we are created in our own image, yet imprisoned by the face we call our own. I will remake the world as I have remade my face." - The Black Mask
Old 10 Nov 2006, 21:35   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

can you drop Russes? and ya, I will work on paint scemes once I get an actual test figure. that poor, poor soldier must sacrifice his life for the Emperor. and yes, watching guardsmen die is always fun.

anyway, I have like $500 now to spend but I do want to save most of it for emergancies, so just one Valkyrie, and make it run back and forth to drop more troops or something.

hmm...CCweaponry might be hard to come by, so I will do my best. probly mooch off my richarsed friend for some bits. not like he needs it. he has millions of 40k crop he never uses. and he never paints anything! So I might be able to work that out.
Quote:
Closed Thread