Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Snipers and Suicide Bombers
Closed Thread
Old 01 Nov 2006, 06:38   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Snipers and Suicide Bombers

Are there rules for independent sniper squads that I missed in a chapter approved somewhere?

Also, does anyone remember the suicide bomber guardsmen that were in a citadel journal many years ago? Are there rules for those guys somewhere?

I'd like some official and/or unofficial rules for either of these types of troops.
Old 01 Nov 2006, 16:25   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Snipers and Suicide Bombers

well, for teh sniper teams you could always use the rules for ratlings, and you may have overlooked the special weapon squads.

Also, giving a demolition charge to a special weapon squad is similar to a suicide bomb. OR just centre the blast on the model itself?
Old 01 Nov 2006, 16:42   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

i know that in the catachan codex they have rules for sniper squads, but i think whats best is just use normal snipers under the ratling rules

Join the newly formed Hellcats squadron as they attempt to battle the terrorist mecha of the GRA in a post-global war Earth! This unique RPG uses an alternate timeline to the Macross series, so no prior knowledge of Macross is required. So grab your transforming Veritech mecha, hit the link and join in
Old 01 Nov 2006, 16:44   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

ive got an xpensive suicide bomber for ya: the everso assassin

Blows up when it dies
Old 01 Nov 2006, 17:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I didn't ovelook special weapons squads and I thought about ratlings but here's my problem. I don't want three lasgun dudes with the snipers in the special weapon squad. A sniper squad of 1-3 would be ideal. Ratlings could fill the roll but WS 2 as well as S 2, T 2 just plain sucks. I just assumed if they bothered to make all these cool new sniper models they would have put out a chapter approved even if it was just for cities of death.

A demolition charge would work but in an old citadel journal a guy had converted a screaming guardsmen running with dynamite on his chest and they had house rules for how the bombers worked. Maybe I'll just make some up.
Old 01 Nov 2006, 17:36   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

surely you could just use the ratling sniper stats but adjsut them to the average IG soldier but keep the sniper teams so WS 3... and so on

Old 01 Nov 2006, 18:49   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

it seems to me their would be rules some where maybe in the original city fight, but in the current codex the only thing is the special weapon squad
"If your soldiers show fear in the face of the Emperor's enemies, shoot the first man that falters. If this does not work shoot a man until the unit is either functioning properly or decimated. There can be no fear in the Imperial Guard."

----

Comment attributed to Commissar Ran Creed Attached to the Savlar 42nd

Status -- Killed by Friendly Fire
Old 01 Nov 2006, 19:34   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

For anything offical you will have to use special weapon squads, ratlings or deathworld snipers. Deathworld snipers can be included in a normal IG army as well as a form of allies.
Old 01 Nov 2006, 20:04   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by the execution of all things
I didn't ovelook special weapons squads and I thought about ratlings but here's my problem. I don't want three lasgun dudes with the snipers in the special weapon squad. A sniper squad of 1-3 would be ideal. Ratlings could fill the roll but WS 2 as well as S 2, T 2 just plain sucks. I just assumed if they bothered to make all these cool new sniper models they would have put out a chapter approved even if it was just for cities of death.

A demolition charge would work but in an old citadel journal a guy had converted a screaming guardsmen running with dynamite on his chest and they had house rules for how the bombers worked. Maybe I'll just make some up.
they used to have rules for the 'human bomb' in penal squads. i guess the closest you would get out of the current codex is using Schaefer's last chancers... splitting off a bunch of independant sniper+assistant or democharge + assistant sub units
Old 01 Nov 2006, 20:10   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

execution - Keep in mind that those three lasgunners in a Special Weapons team are highly realistic. They would be spotters to call kills for the sniper, as well as 'bodyguards', since a sniper rifle is hardly ideal as a CQB weapon.
Closed Thread