Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Why do people hate Cadians?
Closed Thread
Old 26 Sep 2006, 20:57   #1 (permalink)
General Stupidity

Default Why do people hate Cadians?

Hey.

Well, at Games Day I spent a small fortune on buying a Cadian army that is almost at 1000pts Now someone at my school who does 40k really blasted me for getting them saying "Oh why did you get them, everyone has them." my answer "**** off!"

Seriously, whatís with all the hate? I have NO alternative? Do you honestly believe a 15-year-old Teen who gets £5 a week off his loving Nan and the occasional time of going to work could possibly afford to buy Mordians? No. There is no way I could spend almost £40 on 1 squad, it's robbery! I do understand a lot of Guard players have Cadians but the only other alternative is Catachans, or spending 3-4 hours converting 1 Guardsman, with 100ís more to do, which many folk simply cannot do.

It maybe okay for you, you might have a full time job, plenty of spare time. But I'm doing GCSE's and always scraping every last penny I have to get models. What really, really aggravates me is why I and many other are discriminated because "Urgh, you have Cadians" and blame US the collector, well sorry but I and many others have no alternative, GW won't create new regiments, FW's are far too expensive, I don't have time to convert heavily and I most certainly cannot afford C&C models.

Any army can look fantastic, Ultra Marines, Black Templars, Black Legion and Cadians can all look better than any other army. I've given my Cadians a unique colour scheme; it's own heraldry and plenty of character. Just because someone has an army that no one can possibly afford, doesnít immediately make everyone who has Cadians, boring, lazy etc...etc...

You know, I would much rather see a Black Templars force with a unique colour scheme, unique characters and heraldry, rather than a army of Mordians any time. And I put this to all people who despise Cadians, Ultra Marines Black Templars and so on....

"Just because I don't have a army no one has seen in years, or a army that costs £40 a squad or a army that is compromised of C&C models, does not make me a trend follower, a lazy guy, a moron, a commoner or a n00b it makes me ever more determined to show you the complainer that a common place army is not rubbish, and that common place armies can be equally as 'cool' as a army that costs £40 a squad."

Old 26 Sep 2006, 21:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Why do people hate Cadians?

I find the concept that someone would descriminate against another player based only on what army they have or what colour scheme they've chosen to be pretty terrible.

I think that the plastic cadian models look fantastic. They're one of the nicest ranges GW has made, and they're one of the few (reasonably) afforadable options for a Guard army. Of course lots of people play them because they're really really cool! That's no reason to hate them. Hell I'd be proud to have an army of them some day.

Anyone who behaving like that isn't someone who deserves your time to play a game against, and they really need to relax a bit and just let other's enjoy the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Old 26 Sep 2006, 21:10   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Nuke

I agree. Anyone who thinks that you are lazy or a super-conformist just because you liked the look of a model or couldn't afford a more expensive one isn't worth your time. Hey, I'd rather have an army of cadians as opposed to one mordian (or valhallan, etc) troops choice. The cadians also look good, of that I agree. Some of the forgeworld guard look better in some respects, but they are DIFFERENT. Like I said, I'd rather have a cadian army with a nice paintjob and some theme to it than one squad of the competion.

"He who opens a school door, closes a prison." -Victor Hugo
Old 26 Sep 2006, 23:44   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I love the new cadians, the only complaint that I have is it is hard to change the models and their pose with the lasguns, I have been into 40k for a long time I have the old pewter cadians, catachans and Tallaran and the plastic cadians are the best by far

the people who talk smack are just d-bags that like to complain
"If your soldiers show fear in the face of the Emperor's enemies, shoot the first man that falters. If this does not work shoot a man until the unit is either functioning properly or decimated. There can be no fear in the Imperial Guard."

----

Comment attributed to Commissar Ran Creed Attached to the Savlar 42nd

Status -- Killed by Friendly Fire
Old 26 Sep 2006, 23:52   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
the people who talk smack are just d-bags that like to complain
The people that bash Cadians remember the glory days. I dislike Plastic Cadians, but I don't hate them since I haven't been with the hobby that long.

In the olde days, I'm told, Guard were an elite army. They were the force of the true and the bold, who played with skill and style. With the ammount invested in the models, you had to be! Nowadays, Plastic Cadians make Imperial Guard accessable to anyone. Sure, there's awesome players who know the fluff and play the game well. There's also the freaking imbecils who couldn't tell Lord Solar Macharius from Ursakar Creed, and who's sole conception of 'tactics' consists of three noob-canon Basilisks and giving every squad 45+ points of useless doctrines.

Some real men use Plastic Cadians, because they genuinely like the minitures and also know the history of the Guard and the lore of the Tactica Imperium... but it's a rare breed.
Old 26 Sep 2006, 23:54   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Make him bleed. Give those Cadians the best paint job anyone ever thought of!

And the only reason that I don't like cadians is, I'm jsut not a fan of the models. Nothing more.
Old 27 Sep 2006, 00:16   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I have to say as a veteran, I have played 40k since I was about 14, I am now 26, the new plastics are superior in every way to the old pewter models, you can make new poses and your army is not redundent, I actually use a mix of new plastic cadians and old pewter models in my army and it looks pretty cool, not all painted yet though, I also remember the lord Solar Mcharius and others like him, I even miss the Griffon in the standard codex and the days when you cloud throw frag grenades
"If your soldiers show fear in the face of the Emperor's enemies, shoot the first man that falters. If this does not work shoot a man until the unit is either functioning properly or decimated. There can be no fear in the Imperial Guard."

----

Comment attributed to Commissar Ran Creed Attached to the Savlar 42nd

Status -- Killed by Friendly Fire
Old 27 Sep 2006, 01:19   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yeah, the new plastics are way better than the old pewter models. Easier to convert and they just plain look better.

Remember vortex grenades?
Old 27 Sep 2006, 01:29   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight of cydonia
Remember vortex grenades?
Im new to the hobby..but Vortex Grenades sound really cool.

Anyway, yes I have Cadian models, but I think the reason they are so popular (and why they can recieve so much smack talk) is because they look like the standard trooper. An agriworld on the opposite side of the galaxy from Cadia will still produce a regiment that has a uniform similar to that of Cadian Shock Troops. I gave my Cadians a different color scheme, and I wrote twelve pages of history and fluff for my regiment. I am pretty sure that I dont qualify as being a "n00b" just for buying Cadian models.
Old 27 Sep 2006, 01:42   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to SMRCommander

Cadians are actually one of my favorite Guard model lines. I think it's stupid at absurd that anyone would think your a noob or whatever just becuase you have cadians. Sure, I like Vostroyans and Valhallans more, but these two are both unnafordable and can't have the converting ability of a cadian model> And it doesn't even need to be converted. I just like that "Standard Infantry" look to them.

Thinking of something appropriate to put into ym sig as of now...
Closed Thread