Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Terrax Gaurd as Inducted IG for WH army.
Closed Thread
Old 22 Sep 2006, 09:49   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Carson
Default Terrax Gaurd as Inducted IG for WH army.

I'm thinking of taking Terrax Gaurd in my WH army. I want to take Inducted IG, but not sure what type of army. I figure asking in an IG forum is my best option.

I've thought about taking Steel Legion, Death Korps. But not sure if they'll fit fluff wise. Adding a branch of IG that's part of my Witch Hunter army and uses thier scheme occured to me, but it'd be very boring. I like the idea of the Inquisition using thier powers to requisition the powers of the IG for thier purpose and it'll give me something different to paint.

Anyway, I was wondering if there is any background about the Terrax Gaurd? Aside from the small blurb in the back of the IG Codex and lists thier doctrines, I've not been able to find much.

The all important question is, if I was to take them, how would I go about modelling them? Any pointers? Going from the picture in the back of the IG codex, they look very Commisar-y and... I'm lost for words.

I'm open to suggestions for other types of IG armies to use as allies.

Cheers.
Old 22 Sep 2006, 10:03   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Terrax Gaurd as Inducted IG for WH army.

Modelling wise id say that mordian iron guards with scuplted carapce might do the trick.

But the fluff? well, the only background that i have heard is in the IG codex. And thats my first and only introduction to them.
Old 22 Sep 2006, 15:30   #3 (permalink)
General Stupidity

Hey.

I was thinking of doing Terrax Guard myself, but I called off the idea, I don't have the time or money. Now, I found a very useful article on how to make Commissars from the plastic Cadians.

Article.

As for fluff, the only kind of fluff I found was from the back of Codex Imperial Guard, you'll have to invent some as you go along probably.

If you need any more help PM me or take my MSN address.

Old 22 Sep 2006, 16:00   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

It said that they are trained at the same place as ST so that may mean something

Turning and Turning in the widening gyre, the falcon cannot hear the falconer; Things fall apart; The centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world.
W.B. Yeates
The Second Coming

Thanks to Drobot for the sig
Old 22 Sep 2006, 16:54   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

yeah, doctrines wise you could then use the grenasiers doctrine to represnt the "lower" ranks.

And Independent commisars would have to be a must. OR load up on the HQ veriety if your not all that bothered about the independant status.

And i suppose die hards and hardened fighters should get a mention, as well as veterans. If you like to take buckets of them.
Old 22 Sep 2006, 17:41   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

As far as modelling them I'd say buy yourself a dremel and get either steel legion or death korps and cut off their heads with the dremel, do the same to some mordians and you've got terrax guard. It would be expensive but if you got the money and/or skills to do it you'd have yourself a nice army.
Old 22 Sep 2006, 18:19   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

>.< sorry got ahead of myself in that post.. just use them as inquisitorial stormtroopers.. that would be what i do
Old 23 Sep 2006, 00:22   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Carson

Ah, all good advice.

The Mordian guard have the look I'm after, but they'd cost way too much for me to get.

I've been thinking about just using Steel Legion/Death Korps as the Inducted IG. I'm aware I can't use Doctrines and etc, but I want a proper IG army inducted (as opposed to some IG that use my Witch Hunter theme) to add variety and character and to use in my army fluff.

I like what that guide offers. I've not used GS before, so I guess it'd take some practice. It's all food for thought.

I'm open for suggestions for any other IG armies that could be used or pics or whatever for inspiration. I've not decided on what IG army I'll induct yet as I'm still getting more sisters and finishing painting them first.

Cheers.
Old 23 Sep 2006, 09:54   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

vallhallens? i haben't seen them for a while...
Old 23 Sep 2006, 10:54   #10 (permalink)
General Stupidity

Why don't you use Vostroyans? I think they look very inquisitorial myself. And they are much cheaper than Mordians, Steel Legion, Valhallans and Terrax Guard!

Closed Thread