Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Got an Iguard army for my B-Day!
Closed Thread
Old 19 Sep 2006, 21:25   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Nuke
Default Got an Iguard army for my B-Day!

Well, I had asked for a good bit of Iguard stuff for my Birthday (yesterday, the 18th), and boy, did I get Iguard stuff! Here's what I got:

1 Cadian Battleforce

1 Leman Russ

1 Leman Russ Demolisher

1 Grey Knight Terminator squad (I asked for them because I am planning on using them as allies once my army gets painted to a good points amount.)

That's a total of:

1 inf. Platoon

2 Leman Russes

1 Leman Russ Demolisher

3 Hvy. Wpn. teams

Also, forgot about the:

Special Weapons blister

Officer blister

Grey Knight w/ psycannon blister.

A bunch of termies.

I'll be getting another platoon of Inf. soon, and probably another Hvy weapon squad (3 teams).

Now, since I got the 2 Russes and the Destroyer, I was thinking about trading in one of the Russes for a Bassie, because I will still have the two other tanks. What do you think? Any other recommendations? A Kasrkin squad, maybe?

Also, I have made a little 500P CP list, just to ease into Guard, plus, I don't have many models painted yet.

Thoughts?

"He who opens a school door, closes a prison." -Victor Hugo
Old 20 Sep 2006, 19:25   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Got an Iguard army for my B-Day!

Demolishers, hell hounds, storm troopers, chimeras, priests, commisars, conscripts, sentinels.

Is it just a mistake? or Do you not hav a HQ unit?
Old 20 Sep 2006, 19:48   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to smurf

and you don't have a platoon, just 2 squads

This army seems slightly unbalanced if you put it together. I mean, with the bare minumum extras you have 3 lemans in 750 pts. How are you equiping the lemans?
Nothing in life is forever, but none of your deeds were in vain
Deep in our hearts you will live again, you're gone to the home of the brave
R.I.P Kangaroo Joe
Old 21 Sep 2006, 00:46   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Need to pick up a couple more boxes of troops if you have any B-Day money left over.
Looks great so far, just need some troops so you can put together a legal army.

You didn't metion if you have the rulebook or the codex but those are always must haves.
Old 21 Sep 2006, 01:01   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Ahh, yes, I have the codex, but not the rulebook. I've been playing all these months by reading the one at my store I go to I'll probably end up getting one on fri. anyway, though. Also, I agree that I definitely need some more troops....At least one box to make it legal.

I meant to say Demolisher also, sorry Fixed.

I don't have an "Official" HQ, but for my CP list I will be using a Junior officer with his guards.
I also forgot to mention that I have a special weapons blister and an officer blister....

On a last note... Isn't the min. for a platoon 2 squads of inf?

Old 21 Sep 2006, 13:58   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

haha, you and I have the same birthday. 8) Rock on.

I have to say though, what do you want the theme of this army to be? What's it's playing style?

Oh and good luck with the painting. You should try to do as much as possible every time you get the urge to paint.
Old 21 Sep 2006, 15:42   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke
On a last note... Isn't the min. for a platoon 2 squads of inf?
Ah good, i thought it was just me who got this wrong first time. The minimum for a platoon is 2 infantry squads and a command squad
Nothing in life is forever, but none of your deeds were in vain
Deep in our hearts you will live again, you're gone to the home of the brave
R.I.P Kangaroo Joe
Old 21 Sep 2006, 21:13   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Dang... that means I'll have to grab another officer pack and inf. pack to make my command squads....

My army will be painted up like the 51st Coronan Grenadiers (page 31 in the Iguard codex), with a few changes. I'm not sure how I will play them, but it will probably end up with a desert theme (my original idea was a USMC theme, so I might keep with that). The Grey Knights will probably end up like an elite storm infantry unit, just so I can fit them in.

Old 21 Sep 2006, 22:21   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

no man he totally has enough guys to do 2 troop choices and a command...the battle force gives you 20 guys plus a heavy weapons squad thats another 6, then he has another box of guys thats another 20 and another heavy weapons squad.. plus he has a officer blister and the special weapons blister... thats a total of 56 guys. you have 2 squads already in the 20 guys, if your strapped for cash just convert some of the heavy weapon guys into regular guard and use them as command squads you have exactly enough to form 2 troop choice and a hq.
Old 22 Sep 2006, 01:23   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Err...where did I say I had a 2nd box of guard? I don't have one NOW, but I WILL be getting one tomorrow...

Also: I'm probably going to be replacing my standard Leman Russ turrets with the forgeworld Vanquisher stygies viii turret, whether I use the rules for it or not. It just looks so much better than the standard turret IMO.

Closed Thread