Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

Terrax Guard; Commissar Riiken.
Closed Thread
Old 27 Aug 2006, 19:52   #1 (permalink)
General Stupidity
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Terrax Guard; Commissar Riiken.

Hello.

Well this is my first attempt at a creating my own character, so here it goes.

++Lt. Colonel Commissar Ishmael Riiken++

Age: 32

Gender: Male

Current Status: Acting Regimental Commander

Assigned Regiment: 7th Terrax Regiment 'Lucky Sevens'

Ishmael Riiken from personal logs was seen as a young, ambitious commissar with nothing to lose, he maintained a strong respect and soldier like friendship with the men under his command, he was described by many as a calm, relaxed and funny man, features not commonly found in every Commissar. On the battlefield he is wise, calm and will adapt to any and all combat situations, making instant tactical decisions whilst fighting at the forefront.

Lt. Colonel Commissar Ishmael Riiken = 120pts

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
4 4 3 3 3 4 3 10 4+

Weapons: Laspistol and the 'Blade of Celestine'

Wargear: Carapace Armour, Frag & Krak grenades, Bionics and the Honorifica Imperialis.

Character: Commissar Riiken replaces any Senior officer in a Terrax Guard Command Platoon, he effectively loses the 'Summary Execution' rule as he is the commander.

Blade of Celestine: Blessed by Saint Celestine herself, she rewarded him with the blade after a massive incursion of Black Legion traitors located the saint and attempted to kill her to severly cripple Imperial Morale. The leader of the Chaos forces 'Lord Sion, Chosen of Abaddon' escaped with his forces, after Commissar Riiken and the 7th Terrax Guard, 191st Death Korps Armoured Division, Dark Angels 4th and 2nd companies and the Order of the Bloody Rose made a last stand at the Desedus High Temple against the Black Legion, which proved effective. Saving the Saint, and saving the Imperium from another catastrophe.

The 'Blade of Celestine' counts as a master crafted power weapon, which also counts as a trademark item. A blade blessed by a Saint is a rare and honourable reward reserved for some of the Imperiums greatest heroes.

Honorifica Imperialis: Was awarded to him for devtion and fearlessness in the face of impossible odds. Quelling a deeply rooted tech-heresy that soon lead to the entire populace being consumed and tranformed into Human-Machine Hybrids, Commissar Riiken and his Regiment being the only 'Humans' left, held back the tide of mechanical monstorsoties until reinforcements arrived.

Commissar: He obides all the same rules as a Commissar, except Summary Execution, as explained above he is essentialy the commanding officer so he cannot perform 'Summary Executions.'

Thanks, P.S take it easy this is my first.

 
Old 03 Sep 2006, 23:54   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 995
Send a message via AIM to Shirrin
Default Re: Terax Guard.

Not bad for a first try, I'd say. I don't have a guard codex on me, but he seems a little bit preicey. Really all thats different about him is the loss of "summary execution", which ruins the idea of the commisar to me,but if it's what you want then it's not overbalanced or anything. Finally 3 wounds may be a few too many fer a regular human, but again I don't have the Guard Dex so if high ranking guard usually have 3 wounds then it's fine.
__________________
"I am the Triggerman, I pull the Trigger"
Rest in Peace KJ
Shirrin is offline  
Old 04 Sep 2006, 02:13   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Bash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 2,625
Send a message via MSN to Bash
Default Re: Terax Guard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'O Shir'Rin
Finally 3 wounds may be a few too many fer a regular human, but again I don't have the Guard Dex so if high ranking guard usually have 3 wounds then it's fine.
They normally do...and the Honorifica Imperialis gives them this anyway...so it's possible for a Veteran Sergeant to have stats like these to simulate a 'Rambo' character. On the whole, I think he's far too pricey unless, of course, you make note that he is in fact including the price of his command staff of four Guardsmen in that value...and at that point he's about right. In fact, as you can note, the only special distinction between him and a regular Heroic Senior Officer is that he has Ld10. In this, his slight increase in points (not quoting them) is justifiably small since his equipment is fixed and can't be altered in any way.

Nice and restrained.
__________________
~Codex: Not Marines gamer~

Currently playing: Imperial Guard in 40k, Chaos in Fantasy
Bash is offline  
Old 05 Sep 2006, 22:21   #4 (permalink)
General Stupidity
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Terax Guard.

Indeed, as said origanally 'Commissar Riiken replaces any Senior officer in a Terrax Guard Command Platoon.' So he effectively becomes the commanding officer. The planet Terrax is one of the big Commissariat training centers, so it's fitting that Officers are replaced with Commissars.

'The tithed regiments raised on Terrax have been trained under the auspices of the Scholae Excubitos and are truly moulded in its image almost as an entire regiment of Commissars.'
Pg 60. Codex Imperial Guard.
 
Old 06 Sep 2006, 13:27   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 126
Default Re: Terrax Guard; Commissar Riiken.

I think that he's a little underpowered for his price. I also have problems with a commisar that doesn't enforce discipline. Wouldn't it be easier to give a Heroic Senior Office Iron Discipline or, if you want an uber commissar, to take the cheaper AND more effective Gaunt? In fact he seems a lot like a nerfed gaunt character.

Edit: Okay, forgot to add any really useful constructive stuff here. I'm sorry.
Let's see. Without my codex I'll have to go by memery, but he seems to be pretty much a default codex commisar with above mentioned mods. Did you just remove the summary execution rule? Perhaps you can give him a special ability (remember to keep it modest) that reflects his charisma. Perhaps his soldiers will happily take a wound for him and you upgrade his command squad in line to that of accolytes in the DH codex. Play around with some ideas.

Otherwise he doesn't really have any features that make him really interesting.
__________________

Chimeras Forever!
Spiteful is offline  
Old 06 Sep 2006, 14:47   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Bash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 2,625
Send a message via MSN to Bash
Default Re: Terrax Guard; Commissar Riiken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiteful
Perhaps his soldiers will happily take a wound for him and you upgrade his command squad in line to that of accolytes in the DH codex. Play around with some ideas.
Actually, you can happily just include a DH/WH Inquisitor with a Retinue as a second HQ and mix up a nice Retinue however you want...I've done it myself for a special character in my own army
__________________
~Codex: Not Marines gamer~

Currently playing: Imperial Guard in 40k, Chaos in Fantasy
Bash is offline  
Old 06 Sep 2006, 17:09   #7 (permalink)
General Stupidity
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Terrax Guard; Commissar Riiken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiteful
I think that he's a little underpowered for his price. I also have problems with a commisar that doesn't enforce discipline. Wouldn't it be easier to give a Heroic Senior Office Iron Discipline or, if you want an uber commissar, to take the cheaper AND more effective Gaunt? In fact he seems a lot like a nerfed gaunt character.

Edit: Okay, forgot to add any really useful constructive stuff here. I'm sorry.
Let's see. Without my codex I'll have to go by memery, but he seems to be pretty much a default codex commisar with above mentioned mods. Did you just remove the summary execution rule? Perhaps you can give him a special ability (remember to keep it modest) that reflects his charisma. Perhaps his soldiers will happily take a wound for him and you upgrade his command squad in line to that of accolytes in the DH codex. Play around with some ideas.

Otherwise he doesn't really have any features that make him really interesting.
Yeah, I kind of need some help. I actually don't have any fluff for him (!?!) I see that he is a bit expensive, distinct features? abilities? I need to give him more intresting weapons and a more individual background.

I could make him like the top Commissar, like a Lord Marshall Commissar? Or instead of Terrax Guard maybe my own regiment?

P.S Bash; I love your sig! I can't wait to see them finished.

Thanks.
 
Old 08 Sep 2006, 01:05   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Bash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 2,625
Send a message via MSN to Bash
Default Re: Terrax Guard; Commissar Riiken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton
Yeah, I kind of need some help. I actually don't have any fluff for him (!?!) I see that he is a bit expensive, distinct features? abilities? I need to give him more intresting weapons and a more individual background.

I could make him like the top Commissar, like a Lord Marshall Commissar? Or instead of Terrax Guard maybe my own regiment?

P.S Bash; I love your sig! I can't wait to see them finished.
I think you should just use a simple Heroic Senior Officer and make him into a Commissar for modelling purposes and write up whatever fluff you want for him. That's what makes him special.

You can, as I said, just use an Inquisitor Lord to represent a high-up Commissar (or simply a particularly tough one). Giving him a Retinue of various Cadet Commissars or Storm Troopers would fit the bill very nicely...or a technical staff, priests or anything else you can imagine. Modelling is the key here- take something you want to make and do it.

As for my Regiment, well, you'll see them when they're started sometime towards the end of the year. I'm writing up a fluff story after I post a couple more times
__________________
~Codex: Not Marines gamer~

Currently playing: Imperial Guard in 40k, Chaos in Fantasy
Bash is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Imperial Guard: COMMISSAR nicholasakira Fluff/Stories 5 27 Mar 2009 07:54
commissar cadius Conversion 9 03 Aug 2008 01:25
painting terrax guard?? THE LORD Imperial Guard 1 24 Feb 2007 23:10
Terrax Gaurd as Inducted IG for WH army. Carson Imperial Guard 17 29 Sep 2006 09:47
Commissar Kais Showcase 11 17 Oct 2005 15:55