Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Help! Necrons
Closed Thread
Old 07 Aug 2006, 13:03   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Help! Necrons

I just got the Necron Codex and realised that all of their basic weapons are rending! They also seem nearly unstoppable on the march. How would I go against them?

Any tactics and unit selection help would be appreciated.

Chimeras Forever!
Old 07 Aug 2006, 15:20   #2 (permalink)
General Stupidity

Default Re: Help! Necrons

As many battlecannon's as you can get!!!!! No, seriously use those S8 AP3 pie-plates and shell the s**t out of them, if you kill 3 quarters of his necron warriors he'll disapppear. Simple, just shoot them some more! And also there weapons are not rending, it's a cheap version, 'any 6's to hit are automatic wounds WITH armour saves, and any 6's against tanks cause AUTOMATIC glancing hits.'

Old 07 Aug 2006, 15:56   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to xShaperx

Well, no Necron player doesn't use a Monolith or two, and those things are a murderfest once they Deep Strike. Space out your units so they can give eachother support fire, but not close enough so that when it Deep Strikes, you lose all those infantry squads to the Gauss Flux Arc.

As said before, take battlecannons. Against C'tan, I'd suggest Ratlings, 10 of them. Use rockets or mortars against Scarab Swarms, Autocannons vs everything else (if the Battle Cannons don't do their expected damage).

Also, after the game, find his mini case and dump the contents into a grinder/shredder and then put what's left into a shaker. It goes great on pasta, pizza, nachos, etc., just like all other forms of cheese.

Shas'ui Kel'shan Mont'au Mal'caor: The Terror Spider of Kel'shan

www.myspace.com/nathanhotdog
Old 07 Aug 2006, 16:33   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Well, no Necron player doesn't use a Monolith or two, and those things are a murderfest once they Deep Strike. Space out your units so they can give eachother support fire, but not close enough so that when it Deep Strikes, you lose all those infantry squads to the Gauss Flux Arc.
I've thought about this and I've heard that demolishers are pretty good. Even if you scatter chances are you'll still hit and the strength 10 does wonders. Too bad that range is so damn short.

Quote:
As said before, take battlecannons.
Quote:
As many battlecannon's as you can get!!!!!
What would be a good combo with the demolishers (s10 death ;D) ? 2:1 ?

Chimeras Forever!
Old 07 Aug 2006, 20:06   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Chugmuffin

you should have a good deal of strength 8 or more weapons (lascannon, melta gun, multi-melta, missle launcher, battle cannon, earth shaker, and demolisher) in your rmy soo the necons wont get the "we'll be back" special rule. It is very point heavy, but it might work.
- Wargamer...
Old 07 Aug 2006, 22:51   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Avoid the Demolisher. Here's why.

Overkill. You only need str 8 to instakill, and AP 3 to deny saves. Not only that, but the battlecannon has many more times the range of a democannon.

While Str 10 Ap 2 goodness is so very tempting.....you want to weaken the Necron force BEFORE it closes w/in 24" of you, because then the Gauss really starts flowing and you'll be sht out of luck.

Also, if he fields ANY Heavy Destroyers, target them first. They're the main punch of a Necron Army, at least from afar.

Old 07 Aug 2006, 23:13   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

Human rat hybrids are increadibly effective at taking down the preferred form of a god...

Most Necron players I've seen love to march in a dense phalanx. Pounding it with the save denying and WBB killing goodness of the Lemon Russ is a very good idea.

The thingy with the Str 10 Ord blast and the plasma cannons... yea, I'd take one.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 08 Aug 2006, 02:57   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to wonderboy

oddly enough, conscripts will do the job well. the sheer weight of their combined firepoweror even better their CC attacks can wipe them out. buy somthing tooled up to distract the crons and send in the conscripts with a commisar and you will be good to go.

2000 points
1500 points
my army lists.
Old 08 Aug 2006, 09:18   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

The C'tan shopudln't do too much harm as long as you steer clear of them, and please i say this from exp. NEVER underestimate scarab swarms

Turning and Turning in the widening gyre, the falcon cannot hear the falconer; Things fall apart; The centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world.
W.B. Yeates
The Second Coming

Thanks to Drobot for the sig
Old 08 Aug 2006, 13:58   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Sounds like you're mocking me on that Ratlings part. Well, you tell me.

10 shots, hitting on 2's, wounding on 4's, and it gets its save (which it would anyway).

Try....oh, say Lascannons. max of prolly 3 shots targetting it, 4's to hit, 3's or 2's to wound, it gets saves.

Thanks, but I'd much rather the more accurate fire where at least half of them wound, and 1/2 of them are failed saves.

Closed Thread