Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

175th Galetonian (Armoured Contingent)
Closed Thread
Old 15 Dec 2004, 11:25   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default 175th Galetonian (Armoured Contingent)

Yup, here I go again with the "Lets take every model I own and throw it into an army list" phase. Of course, as I refuse point-blank to field an unfluffy army, there's bound to be several faults with the army... possibly more than this forum currently has.

Remember, this is EVERY SINGLE TANK I own, plus some extras (like what I know I'm getting for christmas...), so keep in mind I can't alter the list that much...

...now then, introduction over... let's make some mischief!

HQ:
Mischief Maker (Dragon Class Prototype):
A scratch-built battletank, the Mischief Maker is now an officially sanctioned war machine, providing extreme-range firepower for the Regiment. It is also something of a status symbol, and a good luck charm for the 175th (Mischief Makers). Usually commanded by Captain Fireseed personally, when his duties as an Infantry Commander do not prevent him from doing so, this war machine has faced numerous battles, and emerged victorious.
For the sake of simplicity, the Mischief Maker is considered to be a Vanquisher. Partly because its House Rules are similar, but mostly because it saves Captain Fireseed the paperwork...
Vanquisher Cannon, Lascannon, 2x Heavy Bolters.
Notes: All weapons are Bs 4.
-245pts.

Defiance (Mk V Conqueror, Gryphonne IV Pattern):
Defiance is a relatively new addition to the 175th. Nobody is sure why it was assigned to the Regiment, but all relavent paperwork was signed by the Tech-Adepts of Gryphonne IV, and so the tank was left in the care of the Mischief Makers. Able to move much more rapidly than the standard Russ, Defiance provides rapid-support for the regiment, or massive amounts of suppressing fire if a defensive stance is needed.
Defiance is the tank most often used by Captain-Commissar Lucas, and when he serves within it, you can be sure the crew will double their efforts to appease him!

Defiance is taken as a second Company Command Tank. Due to the large number of Heavy Support vehicles, two Army Lists must be taken to legally field the army.
Conqueror Cannon, Lascannon, 2x Heavy Bolters.
Notes: All weapons are Bs 4.
-215pts.

ELITES:

Mechanicus Rex (Mk XX Leman Russ, Mars Pattern):
An old and venerable Leman Russ, Mechanicus Rex has served with the Galetonian armies for millenia, and time and again has this vehicle proven itself. The litany on its turret, "Emperor Guide my Fire!" was added after the Tank Commander spoke this phrase whilest engaged against a Chaos attack force. His final shell pierced the leg joint of a Traitor Warhound, causing it to collapse and explode on top of the Chaos lines. Since then, the prayer has been painted onto the Turret, and carved into every single shell the tank fires. Gun crews claim a 99% hit ratio, and whilst unlikely, it is undesputable that their kill count rivals even dedicated Tank-Hunter vehicles.
Battle Cannon, Lascannon, 2x Heavy Bolters.
Notes: Slick Loader.
-220pts.

Urban Warrior (Mk X Demolisher, Galaxian Pattern):
Possibly the toughest Siege Tank in the Galetonian military, Urban Warrior has fought through numberless engagements, and survived. From Ork Rokkits to Eldar Bright Lances, this tank has endured anti-tank fire from almost every foe of mankind, and continued to function. Urban Warrior is a symbol of fierce pride for the Mischief Makers, and the commander knows how much his tank is valued. It is feared that, should Urban Warrior be lost, the regiment's morale would be crushed. Despite this, the tank fights on through any foe, trusting in its mighty armour and brutal weapons to win the day.
Demolisher Cannon, Lascannon, 2x Plasma Cannons.
Notes: Battle Hardened Crew.
-230pts.

Lieutenant Haines
A long-standing member of the 175th, Haines is often called upon to provide infantry backup for any armour advances. When required to perform this task, he will invariably be provided with a Chimera transport.
Lt Haines is armed with a Bolt Pistol and close combat weapon.
1 Guardsmen has a Flamer, 1 has a Meltagun, 1 has an Autocannon, 1 has a Lasgun.
Chimera is equipped with a Heavy Flamer turret, and a Heavy Bolter in the hull.
-157pts.

TROOPS:
Highwind (Mk XXX Leman Russ, Galaxian Pattern):
Highwind is an Enginseers worst nightmare. The tank has been customised to such an extent that it is difficult to tell what make or pattern the original vehicle was! Fights between the Enginseer Mechan, chief Tech-Adept of the Regiment, and the tank's commander are famous, and more than once as the Commissariat been forced to step in and end the confrontation.
Battlecannon, Lascannon, 2x Heavy Bolters, Track Guards, Extra Armour, Pintle-Mounted Heavy Stubber, Improved Comms.
-212pts.

Strife (Mk II Executioner, Ryza Pattern):
Strife was so named because of its turbulent history. The tank has fought in numerous battles down the millenia, and has been blown up, melted, burnt out, shredded, crushed, and buried in a swamp for 800 years. Despite all this, its precious cannon has survived, albeit with long and painful labouring of the Enginseers. Strife now serves with the 175th.
Plasma Destroyer, Lascannon, 2x Heavy Bolters.
-190pts

Auxialliary Exterminator (Mk XIV Exterminator, Mars Pattern):
This Exterminator is not officially part of the Regiment, but tends to serve with them because nobody else knows who it belongs to either! Plans have been put forward to officially encorporate it into the 175th, but they have yet to be sanctioned. The vehicle is often referred to as "Bullet Dragon" by the men of the 175th, because of the horrendous amount of fire it can unleash.
Exterminator Autocannon, 3x Heavy Bolter.
-135pts.

Armoured Fist Squad
Sergeant Hunt is by far the best scout and recon-officer in the regiment. As such, whenever scouting or infantry support is needed, he is called upon to aid the armour forces.
Sergeant Hunt is armed with a Lasgun.
1 Guardsman has a Plasmagun, 1 has a Missile Launcher, 7 have Lasguns.
Chimera has Multilaser and Heavy Bolter.
-176pts.

FAST ATTACK:

Sentinel Recon:
Sentinels are often deployed as scouts, and this one is no exception.
Autocannon.
-50pts.

Strider (Mk XIX Salamander Scout, Vanahiem Pattern):
Strider is a valued element of the regiment. Able to scout far ahead of the force, and retreat before a counterattack occurs, it is a key element in the recon-capabilities of the 175th.
Autocannon, Heavy Bolter.
-100pts.

HEAVY SUPPORT:
Grey Venger (Mk IX Destroyer, Stygies VIII Pattern):
Grey Venger is a highly prized tank, and the 175th count their blessings for having her. She is a Destroyer Tank Hunter, one of a dying breed of war-engines. Commanded by Lt Nixon, this tank has time and again proven its might against the enemies of mankind, and with the Emperor's blessing, will continue to do so for many years to come...
Turbo Laser Destroyer
-170pts.

Pyromancer (Mk III Hellhound, Mars Patten):
The Hellhound is a valued vehicle in city or jungle conditions. Its mighty Inferno Cannon can purge enemy positions, and reduce defenders to charred bones and ash. Pyromancer is not the most reliable tank, however, and spends a large amount of time in the repair yards...
Inferno Cannon, Heavy Bolter.
-115pts.

Kingfisher
The threat of air attack is always a troubling concept, especially for artillery batteries. For this reason, Kingfisher was sanctioned to the 175th, to ensure that its forces could operate without enemy aircraft intefering with their operations. Admittedly, it has not often been used in this role, but its weapons can also be used against infantry, as many a foe has learned.
Hydra Flak Gun, Heavy Bolter.
-200pts.

Gryphon (Mk IV Griffon, Galaxian Pattern):
Gryphon is an infantryman's best friend. So popular has this vehicle become that even armour taskforces request its inclusion. Whilst not the most powerful of weapons, the psychological power of its weapon alone has turned the tide of battle more than once...
Griffon Mortar, Heavy Bolter.
-75pts.

Medusa:
Information is still unavailable on this weapon. It was recovered by the 175th during the Bah'jann Landings, and is currently undergoing restoration. Hopefully, with proper care and maintenance, it can be fielded in battle, and its origins and combat history can be recovered.
Medusa Siege Gun, Heavy Bolter.
-135pts.

Basilisk 175:
No information exists about this vehicle. All documentation was either lost or destroyed, and all identification marks were long since painted over or stripped away. It is placed with the 175 simply because someone has to command it, and they do so with competance. Basilisk 175 rarely sees battle, as it is best deployed well away from the combat zone. However, on rare occasions when it has been forced to engage at close quarters, it does so with acceptable levels of success.
Earthshaker Cannon, Heavy Bolter, Indirect Fire.
-125pts.

Total = 2750pts.

SUPER HEAVIES:

Hellbringer (Mk X Baneblade, Mars Pattern):
Baneblade 716, Hellbringer is a mighty instrument of death. This tank has been at the heart of numerous engagements, and whilst it has suffered horrific damage several times, it has always been repairable. Hellbringer is the embodiment of Armoured Warfare, packing enough guns to decimate entire platoons, and enough raw power to reduce even a Land Raider to molten slag.
Baneblade Battlecannon with Co-Axial Autocannon, Demolisher Cannon, 2x Lascannons, 3x Twin-Linked Heavy Bolters.
-634pts.

Ghostrider (Mk VII Marauder Destroyer, Valkyre Pattern):
Flagship of the Valkyries, the Valkrian Elite, Ghostrider is piloted by Wing Commander Wesker, one of the greatest pilots in the Imperium. This war machine has fought against impossible odds, yet emerged victorious. Currently, Ghostrider is due to be deployed on board the Timberwolf, Flagship of the Galetonian Fleet, and as such Galetonian ground forces can expect his expert support in the near future...
3x Twin-Linked Autocannons, Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter, Twin-Linked Assault Cannon, 6x Bombs, 8x Hellstrike Missiles, Armoured Cockpit, Distinctive Paint Scheme, Ejector Seats.
-615pts.

New Army total = 3,999pts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 15 Dec 2004, 12:13   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: 175th Galetonian (Armoured Contingent)

All I can say,as one treadhead to another is.... Yum.....

Hail Olianus Pious! Patron Saint of the Imperial Guard! Savior of the Emperor!
Old 17 Dec 2004, 15:24   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Orion

I like but it compares nothing to my dread with a battle cannon.

"The quiet mouth gets fed last, Ask and you shall recieve"
-Unlimiter-
Old 18 Dec 2004, 09:23   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion
I like but it compares nothing to my dread with a battle cannon.
Your dread with a battlecannon would last about as long as propane in a volcano... fact aside it was a terrible concept.

Quote:
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 18 Dec 2004, 14:04   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

This list scares me, bad. the thought of that many tanks on one battlefield makes me scared. Simply there is no way to put enough anti armor down in aTau army to stop that advance.

I used scared two times, perphaps once again will not be amiss. I AM SCARED, not just for Tau, but for whatever poor soul who thinks he can squish 4000 points of armor.
Old 19 Dec 2004, 20:10   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedDuck
This list scares me, bad. the thought of that many tanks on one battlefield makes me scared. Simply there is no way to put enough anti armor down in aTau army to stop that advance.

I used scared two times, perphaps once again will not be amiss. I AM SCARED, not just for Tau, but for whatever poor soul who thinks he can squish 4000 points of armor.*

4000 points?* Good Lord, I'd be spoiled for choice!

The biggest inherent weakness of the Armored Company is the lack of numbers.* EVERY single kill is taking off whole chunks from the effective percentage strength of the force.* The Company isn't just losing one man with a lascannon; it's losing the equivalent of a platoon and all its support options.

No army needs to put down enough anti-armor to stop the Company dead in the water; it just needs to tear gaping holes in it, where down the effectiveness of the spearhead, and then break it with a sound counter-attack.* That's something that can be done painfully easily, or a very little bit at a time; battlecannons are nice, but remember they can bounce just as easily off of enemy battle tanks' armor as anything else.

Oh, and survive the terrible amount of punishment this kind of army can dish out.* But with 4000 points (two detatchments), how could someone *not* survive it?

(For a purely, simply evil idea, consider that in less than 1800 points, a Tau force can field twelve tanks.* Now double it, and then consider the extra points in Crisis Drop Teams....)

>
Old 20 Dec 2004, 03:29   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Aegis Guard

I wonder how long my tank killing bike squad (2 melta guns and an attack bike with a multimelta) would live against that. I also wonder how many tanks they could kill. >

But seriously...that is highly scary. I'd deepstrike a LOT of terminators...30ish. That doesn't make me feel better about the super heavy though. I want a titan soo much.
Old 20 Dec 2004, 08:45   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Don't forget the Marauder... unless you're packing an AA weapon (and I'm the only person who I know who owns one...) you need 6s to hit, and can only inflict Glancing Hits...

Quote:
Old 20 Dec 2004, 09:28   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Orion

Hm Attack bikes. 2+ invulnerable save and its not like you can assault them.

land speenders with multimelta's and drop pods i believe would make very short work of armoured company.

"The quiet mouth gets fed last, Ask and you shall recieve"
-Unlimiter-
Old 20 Dec 2004, 21:45   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion
Hm Attack bikes. 2+ invulnerable save and its not like you can assault them.
Attack Bikes do not have a 2+ Armour save anymore.

Quote:
Closed Thread