Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

oops, made a mistake mod please delete this entire thread
Closed Thread
Old 27 Jul 2006, 16:39   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default oops, made a mistake mod please delete this entire thread

Yesterday I played a game against some Dark Angels who were using terminators. This player has appeared in a couple of mega-battles, thus I have loads of experience playing with him but this was my first time against him.

The battle went really well from the beggining for me. We were each allowed to set up terrain on our half of the board... thus his was mostly rock formations for guarding his advance while mine was bunkers and large hills to set up the "weapons of mass destruction" to maximum potential.

We were playing at his house on a ping-pong table, so I think the measurements were wrong (5x11 ft) and this slowed down his advance considerably while every gun blasted away at his 3+ armor saves. Well, roll enough saves and you'll begin to fail them was my axiom so by turn 3, there 4 marines left (without heavy weapons) on the table. Up until now, his grey knight termies and regular DA termies hadn't shown up so I took a "free" turn with just about nothing to shoot at to space everything at least 6" apart.

Then, all hell broke loose. Both termi squads appeared on target via deepstrike, and systematically massacred eveything within their reach. That meant: one mortar squad, and shocked a hell-hound. So there they were in range of everything in my army, and I let the guns fly.

Every gun fired at them, except the leman russ demolisher which was "locked in combat w/ the remaining marines", meaning that I couldn't shoot at them, and I also couldn't move away while the marines got to lob krak grenades. Cheese I know, but since I had forgot the rule book at my house I didn't have anything to support it on. Anyways... out of all those guns I killed one termi.

One termi- that's it. The game was pretty much over after that, because he managed to lock himself in combat and of course he won. So- was that bad luck or bad strategy? Because I had that game with "Victorious Slaughter" until the 2+ saves showed up...
Old 27 Jul 2006, 16:56   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar
Default Re: Aaaargh... blasted terminators.

bad luck really. your entire army blasted away at two squads, and you only killed one guy? how the heck did that happen?

Old 27 Jul 2006, 17:51   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Did you post this twice under 2 different titles?

That's just bad manners...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Old 27 Jul 2006, 21:00   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Oops! Damn, my computer screwed up so I reloaded the post, forgot my title, and posted again... damn!

ignore this post
Closed Thread