Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Best role for your tanks in a battle, best role for infantry in a battle
Closed Thread
Old 13 Jul 2006, 20:45   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Best role for your tanks in a battle, best role for infantry in a battle

When it comes to My Russ Tanks in a Battle I have them with three heavy bolters, I try and use my tanks for infantry killing

My infantry I use for tank hunting by puting a couple of squads with lascannons, or I get a deepstriking five man Storm Trooper squad.

What do you guys do?
"If your soldiers show fear in the face of the Emperor's enemies, shoot the first man that falters. If this does not work shoot a man until the unit is either functioning properly or decimated. There can be no fear in the Imperial Guard."

----

Comment attributed to Commissar Ran Creed Attached to the Savlar 42nd

Status -- Killed by Friendly Fire
Old 13 Jul 2006, 22:01   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to AfrikA Send a message via Yahoo to AfrikA
Default Re: Best role for your tanks in a battle, best role for infantry in a battle

I pretty much have the same idea. Instead of deepstriking Storm Troops, I use drop troop Vet squads for that extra meltagun. >

Some tanks are great for anti tank, but I'd rather use them to put big holes in the enemy line.

I'll probably tool my demolisher out with plasma cannons and a lascannon to tackle that tough targets and scare the ther guy.

"This plan is so perfect it's retarded."
Old 14 Jul 2006, 04:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Best role for your tanks in a battle, best role for infantry in a battle

Well, I use a variety of Tanks.

I have:
Leman Russ
Demolisher
Vanquisher
Exterminator

and

Basilisk
Griffon

So, I generally take one tank and one artillary peice.

I like the Exterminator as I can use all weapons if I stay still... that means a whopping 9 shots of HB, and 2 Twin-linked AC shots... That really puts a dent in infantry, or its great for busting loads of bikes and small vehicles.

The Vanquisher tends to hide like a predator and bust tanks until they're all gone, and then blow the nearest infantry out of the sky.

The Demolisher's task is simple: Drive forward and blow whatever you see to hell and back, be it tank or infantry. A demolisher, even with the template half off a vehicle, can Vehicle Annihilate a vehicle.

The Leman Russ is almost always infantry support, usaully used just to keep the enemy's head down.

Infantry is generally used for CC. It sounds strange, but they have the numbers, and with assaulty Command Sections and Command HQ, they can even rip apart Chaos Marines without the aid of tanks.

Although, even though they're weak, I generall get a few lasgun volleys off before I leap into CC.

Stankov

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 14 Jul 2006, 20:59   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Hand to hand with guard?

that is not a tactic I usually hear about

when you get to shoot your lasguns do you keep your infantry squads together to get alot of shots on a single enemy unit?

what kind of spaceing between squads do you use to keep an assaulting enemy from doing a sweeping advance into another unit?
"If your soldiers show fear in the face of the Emperor's enemies, shoot the first man that falters. If this does not work shoot a man until the unit is either functioning properly or decimated. There can be no fear in the Imperial Guard."

----

Comment attributed to Commissar Ran Creed Attached to the Savlar 42nd

Status -- Killed by Friendly Fire
Old 14 Jul 2006, 21:28   #5 (permalink)
General Stupidity

Leman Russ Demolisher:
It does what a demolisher does best, blow everything up! No seriously, i use it to remove tactical squads that i think my Guardsmen can't handle, terminators and obliterators, i also use it as a shock tank and primarly becuase my Guard fight in CoD alot.

Guard Platoons
My first platoon has heavy bolters and plasmaguns and there purpose is to be at the forefront, they can handle light infantry and MEQ's.
My second platoon uses grenade launchers and mortars and just hudle up in a ruin and lob explosives everywhere. :P
My command squads have flamers so they can move and shoot.
All of my infantry have carapace armour (it helps in CoD and because they're Vostroyans and i obey the fluff)

Closed Thread