Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Exectutioner tank
Closed Thread
Old 12 Jul 2006, 04:05   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Exectutioner tank

I was thinking of getting one and was wondering what everyone thought? I'd have it with hull mounted heavy bolter and heavy bolter sponsons to give it some good kick against infantry

Well on the subject of plasma what you think is better plasma gun or grenade launcher?

On another note is it possible to have a plasma cannon on a sentinal or as a weapons crew?
Old 12 Jul 2006, 04:39   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Exectutioner tank

1. YES get it immediately! Wonderful tanks, unique, and plenty of charcter. Never used one, but I can tell you, it will be fun!

2. Grenade Launcher is good for all round shooting, but plasma guns are better for taking out Necrons, Space Marines, and Chaos Space Marines.

3. Not on a sentinel, but I'm sure you could house rule one up and convert it!

4. No, sadly.

Stankov

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 12 Jul 2006, 04:49   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

lol thx bud. It's sad to see that plasma cannons are only used on demolishers
Old 12 Jul 2006, 05:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yes, thats why I love the Executioner... its unique!

Plasma cannon Sentinels is a great idea, though... perhaps Wargamer could make it a reality? He's excellent at House Rules!

Stankov

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 12 Jul 2006, 07:12   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Not hard. Just charge as much as you do for a Lascannon. It would actually go really well with a Ryza Skitarii army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 12 Jul 2006, 10:13   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

If you want to you should definetly get the executioner tank. I personaly dont like it, and rules wise i'd say the exterminator is way better. But personal preferance should always come before performance.

As to your second question: Both are good. The gernade launcher is a very versatile, all around. it lets you shoot hordes and tough infantry, and to a certain degree even tanks. Its assault-like nature lets you move and fire, meaning your squads will always have a chance of killing something even if you move. The plasma gun seems like a much better choice on paper. For only 2 more poitns you get extra strength and better AP then a krak grenade. While this is true against MEQs it doesn't always compensate for the lack of versatility, and the fact that it may blow up in your face. If you you you'll be fighting mainly marines and necrons the plasma gun is a good choice, if you dont know who you're fighting go for the Glauncher.

Old 12 Jul 2006, 23:53   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Not hard. Just charge as much as you do for a Lascannon. It would actually go really well with a Ryza Skitarii army.
Don't you think that the chacne of killing 3 or more troops and haveing the ability to hurt tanks up to armour 13 might be worth a little more than a lascannon?
Old 13 Jul 2006, 00:00   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

lascannons can instant kill 150+ point models and take down 200+ point tanks, dont think the plasma cannon is that much better. Plus, in marine armies devastators and tactical marines pay the same for plasma cannons as they pay for lascannons.

Old 13 Jul 2006, 01:52   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

ahh did'nt think of that good point
Old 13 Jul 2006, 20:13   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Anberlin

Hey, they look like fun tanks although I've never seen them before, I googled it, and its seems it has no turret?