Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Teutonian pattern shotgun(Image heavy)
Closed Thread
Old 11 Jul 2006, 22:52   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar
Default Teutonian pattern shotgun(Image heavy)

++Incoming transmission. Clearance level Magenta++
+++Thought for the day: Let steel protect your body, and faith your mind.+++

+Transimition derived from Teutonian II, Forgeworld. Techpriest Karls Brechen+

Inquisitor, i have procured the data on the Teutonian Mark IV Automatic Combat Shotgun at your request. The weapon is a tactical shotgun employed by sappers and assault squads of the Teutonian system, in Guerra. Its power and simplicity has let it work its way to become the standard shotgun for Guerra urban infantry and trench fighters. The weapons are also assigned to penal legions under the control of Teutonian commanders. It can have a bayonet mouinted on the tip to create a small spear. Teutonian sappers prefer to attach their combat knives, which are heavier and broader. This alows the shotgun to be used as a make-shift axe. Specifics are provided in th data fleck provided.

...FleckSearch......Downloading......Found......Ma rk IV Shotgun......Guerra Sector......Teutonian Sub-Sector.......Praise the Emperor...

+++DEPARTMENTO MUNITORIUM+++

+++Equipment Specifics+++

Teutonian Mark IV Automatic Combat Shotgun.

Fire mode: Semi-automatic. Gas-actuated
Clip size: 8+1 shells. Individually loaded.
Calibre: 8 gauge
Muzzle velocity: 910 m/s
Muzzle to stock length: 1041mm
Mass: 4.5kg
Range: 40 meters. This will disable a non-armoured humanoid. Death is not assured.
Shell: 410 pellets
Pellets: Lead
Bayonet mount: Yes
Lamp-pack mount: Yes
Stock: Steel, non-folding.
Body: Steel
Muzzle: Adamantium
+++Close Data Fleck+++

The information given upon this data fleck is not to be communicated, either directly or indirectly, to any person not holding an official position in the Imperial Guard. On no account must this data fleck be taken into the front line.

+++End Transmission+++

Nice bit of fluff for you guys. Now ill show you how to make one. You'll need a cadian pattern lasgun, a sharf knife, and if you want a bayonet hten the bayonet and some glue. Also, remember to be careful when handling the knife and glue.

Place your knife on the nitch in the muzzle, shown below.

Cut through, removing the muzzle.

It should look like this:

Now remove the scope mount on the top of the lasgun. The way i do it is grab the front with one hand, place your other hand's thumb on the stock. Hold the Knife with your other fingers and cut along towards your thumb. Now remeber i used a swiss army knife for this. if you use a craft knife(you should) then dont use this method, as you will probably but your thumb. If you do use this method, remember to go slowly, while a blood covered weapon looks cool, its better to use Red Gore. Also, if you use the stock for support be careful not to bend it, its happened to me a few times. You shotgun should now look like this:

Now cut the clip off, so it looks like this:

Some people way like keeping it like this, others may want to do this. Place you knife on the clip mount's corner, the one close to the trigger. Then cut down at and angel, cutting a triangle off. If you'r not sure how much to cut off cut off less than you think is necessary. Then scrap off mroe plastic if you think it needs to be smaller. It should now look like this:

If you want to add a bayonet, slice off the bayonet mount under the muzzle. Now take your bayonet and scrap along the handle that's going to be attached to the shotgun until its flat. Bare in mind handles are very thin and break easily. Now place the bayonet on, and make sure it all fits. You may have to cut a bit off the cross-section so that the bayonet isn't facing down. To glue it on use very little glue, and place it on the shotgun, not the bayonet. Mine looks like this:

I used a knife off the chaos marine sprue to get that brutal trench combat of ww1. If you think its too big you can use a bayonet off the heavy weapon accessory spure. If you like the size but dont want the jaggedness(inqusitors dont like spikey bits on imperial soldiers) you can use the space marine bayonets.

Now you can trim the shotgun and glue it on to a model. And you dont have to use a loose lasgun, the ones attached to arms work just as well.

Here's a squad from a penal legion, under the command of a ruthless commissar:

Shotguns also go well with suicide hardened veteran squads that'll be charging people, or on cheap, hit-and-run rough riders.

Old 11 Jul 2006, 23:06   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Teutonian pattern shotgun(Image heavy)

Hehe, thanks mate :P
I'll have another go tomorrow, once I've found my mums' scalpel...
As another point, I'll show you how I added the SM hand grip once I get some photos.
Old 12 Jul 2006, 00:55   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Elessar owns a camera? How come I haven't seen any of your models in the Showcase board?
Old 12 Jul 2006, 01:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Sadly i dont own a camera. These pictures, and those of my Teutonian 633rd where taken with a camera borrowed from a friend. I'd have taken pictures of my other guardsmen, but they're all packed away since im moving to bolton any day this week(legal work is still pending). My Teutonians are the only ones i haven't packed, since im basing them soon and they are the army i'll be using for the medusa campaign. And even if i did have pictures, my paintjob is so shoddy theirs no chance in hell ill be posting it on the showcase boards.

Old 12 Jul 2006, 08:12   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

like the look of the penal legion, I am using a similar color scheme for my guard, I am undercoating black and either fortress gray or codex gray (haven't decided which gray to use yet) for the whole uniform, then shoulder pads and helemnts chaos black

"If your soldiers show fear in the face of the Emperor's enemies, shoot the first man that falters. If this does not work shoot a man until the unit is either functioning properly or decimated. There can be no fear in the Imperial Guard."

----

Comment attributed to Commissar Ran Creed Attached to the Savlar 42nd

Status -- Killed by Friendly Fire
Old 12 Jul 2006, 08:37   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elessar
Sadly i dont own a camera. These pictures, and those of my Teutonian 633rd where taken with a camera borrowed from a friend. I'd have taken pictures of my other guardsmen, but they're all packed away since im moving to bolton any day this week(legal work is still pending). My Teutonians are the only ones i haven't packed, since im basing them soon and they are the army i'll be using for the medusa campaign. And even if i did have pictures, my paintjob is so shoddy theirs no chance in hell ill be posting it on the showcase boards.
Mate, I'm sure we've seen worse :P
Old 12 Jul 2006, 11:09   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

One gripe... adamantium barrels for a shotgun? Last time I checked, you don't use something worth more than platinum for an infantryman's gun.

Nice conversion though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 12 Jul 2006, 12:09   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

nice convert and not much different than my shotguns:

Old 12 Jul 2006, 12:12   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
One gripe... adamantium barrels for a shotgun? Last time I checked, you don't use something worth more than platinum for an infantryman's gun.
They need to be extremely sturdy since you use it to bash people. I figured if cadians get adamantium bayonets my guys can have their shotgun barrels made out of it. But i could change it, maybe some sort of alloy.

Old 12 Jul 2006, 13:26   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to AfrikA Send a message via Yahoo to AfrikA

Where have I seen this before? Oh yea...

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ka1/Guns11.jpg

"This plan is so perfect it's retarded."
Closed Thread