Warhammer 40K Forum

Major Grendin "Streetdog" Mcdole
Closed Thread
Old 09 Jul 2006, 05:48   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to king.com
Default Major Grendin "Streetdog" Mcdole

Major Grendin "Streetdog" Mcdole

[table][tr][td]** [/td][td]Cost[/td][td]Ws[/td][td]Bs[/td][td]S[/td][td]T[/td][td]W[/td][td]I[/td][td]A[/td][td]Ld[/td][td]Sv[/td][/tr][tr][td]Unit[/td][td]100(ish)[/td][td]4(5)[/td][td]4[/td][td]3[/td][td]4[/td][td]2[/td][td]5[/td][td]3[/td][td]9[/td][td]4+[/td][/tr][/table]

Weapons
Duel laspistols (counts as twin-linked), powersword, Medallion Crimson, Trademark item (skull chain)

Special Rules
Streetwise= Grendin gets a 3+ coversave when inside any type of building terrain and the streetdogs get a 4+ cover save.

Scout, Move through cover and Independent Character

See before you shoot= Whenever Grendin takes fire from during the oppsoing players turn, Grendin and the Streetdogs get to have a free shooting at any enemy who fired upon them (once per turn).

Crack Shots= If the squad didnt move and is in building terrain they may fire all weapons twice but they are now not allowed to assault into close combat.

Practice makes Perfect= Any streetdogs with sniper rifle can still shoot even if they move (provided they are still in building terrain) but require a 4+ to hit.

EDIT: sorry i forgot this rule Duck and Dodge=while in building terrain Grendin is granted WS 5 for the first turn of any close combat he is involved in (this is to help representhow good he is in any king of city terrain).

Streetdogs

[table][tr][td]** [/td][td]Cost[/td][td]Ws[/td][td]Bs[/td][td]S[/td][td]T[/td][td]W[/td][td]I[/td][td]A[/td][td]Ld[/td][td]Sv[/td][/tr][tr][td]Unit[/td][td]12[/td][td]4[/td][td]3[/td][td]3[/td][td]3[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]1(2)[/td][td]7[/td][td]5+[/td][/tr][/table]

5-10 streetdogs

Weapons
lasguns with custom Bayonet (+1 attack included in profile)

Options
Up to 2 streetdogs may choose to replace their weapons to weapons from the following: flamer +6, plasma gun +10, melta +10, grenade launcher +8. Up to 2 streetdogs may replace their weapons for a sniper rifle for +5.

These guys are like Catachans but designed for cityfight. What does everyone think of them?
Old 10 Jul 2006, 08:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to king.com
Default Re: Major Grendin "Streetdog" Mcdole

Yea i added a rule that i forgot last time. Its either WS 5 or i change his I to 6 for first round of cc. He is a Deathworld Veteran Character, i think i forgot to mention.....
Old 11 Jul 2006, 04:13   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Gaunt has a WS of 5 :P
Old 11 Jul 2006, 04:47   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Yarrick, Gaunt, and Schaeffer all have WS5.

What do I think? It's fiendishly over the top.

Quote:
T4
You're kidding, right? No unaugmented human will ever be T4... or I5, for that matter.

Quote:
Duel laspistols (counts as twin-linked), powersword, Medallion Crimson, Trademark item (skull chain)
Three weapons? Already breaking a rule that applies to every army with an Armoury.

Quote:
Scout, Move through cover and Independent Character
Independent Characters already have Move Through Cover standard.

Quote:
Crack Shots= If the squad didnt move and is in building terrain they may fire all weapons twice but they are now not allowed to assault into close combat.
Waaayy too powefull - you can effectively generate 8 Plasmagun or 4 Meltagun shots and 4 Sniper shots... plus 24 Lasguns.

Quote:
W4
That better have been a misprint.

It has potential, but it needs some downtoning... serious downtoning.
Old 12 Jul 2006, 23:29   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

As Dra says, a li'l too over powered.

I suggest getting rid of the power sword, and giving him the statline of an HSO. Then, tone down his gang a little bit.

Once thats done, they should be great!

Btw, EXCELLENT idea! Urban combat is always fun with special characters!

Stankov

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 12 Jul 2006, 23:40   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
Quote:
Three weapons? Already breaking a rule that applies to every army with an Armoury.
yarrick has a powerclaw a stormbolter and a laspistol, fabius bile has a bolt pistol, torment rod(CCW) and xyclos needler and eversors get neuro-gauntlets, powerswords and needle/bolt pistols.

Old 09 Sep 2006, 03:42   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

eh, you could always make some laspistol conversion and say it has a hair trigger kind of modification, and use that to jsutify twin linked. the crack shots and see before you shoot sounds too powerful to me, as does I5 unagumented, maybe I4, and when fighting in city terrain it's I5? something to tone that down a bit. T4, you would either have to augument him, or make up some really good reason for it.
Closed Thread