Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Non-Cadian Guard Players
Old 02 Jul 2006, 22:52   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Pirate Send a message via Yahoo to Pirate
Default Non-Cadian Guard Players

Who uses something other that cadians in their imperial guard armies? I hate cadians because everyone uses them. I use Valhallans now. I bought alot of cadians, then I decided that Valhallans have much more character. Who else is fed up with seeing lots of Cadian IG?

Anyone have something to say on this?
Old 02 Jul 2006, 23:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar
Default Re: Non-Cadian Guard Players

Im not bothered much about cadians, i think its good that people have a good, affordable model range to play guard. I myself have an army that uses (almost) only cadians. But my other armies use catachan/tau models, catachan/cadian/chaosmarauder/bretonnianmen-at-arms models, and steel legion. And to be honest my cadian army is my favorite, although the steel legion one isn't far behind.

If you really hate cadians wait till Wargamer gets here. Accodring to him plastic cadians destroyed the guard.

Elessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jul 2006, 00:26   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Pirate Send a message via Yahoo to Pirate

Cadians are cool-ish. Its just that everyone and their brother uses them.

I have a valhallan with a coffee cup attached to his belt. Each of my valhallans looks a bit differant. You can believe that they are actually real humans.

Could you say that about cadians? No.

Then add on the fact that everyone plays them.

See what I mean?
Old 03 Jul 2006, 00:38   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Well, I think everyone seems to use them because they are so cheap cost wise (relativev to the metal box sets). I remember when the catachan plastics came out and all my friends who played collecting the expensive metal armys went to catachans. At the time everyone played catachans because 1) the army was much cheaper and 2) the new catachan codex came out.

I personally do not like the new cadians and miss the older models. To me they just seem too big (almost marine size) and the same thing goes for the catachans (we are da muscle men). Though I don't have a problem with people playing them, I'm just happy to see people playing guard and something other then marines.

Striderzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jul 2006, 01:04   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

Well i recently picked up a squad of steel legion. Who are untill further notice my new necromunda gang. However i play deathworld catachans through and through.
Old 03 Jul 2006, 01:59   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I love my helghast steel legion models cadians arn't to bad i like the look of them kinda reminds you of starship troopers
MatB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jul 2006, 04:10   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to legio mortis

I'm a bit fed up with the Cadian plastics. IMO, the Cadian metals were much better, as are all the other metal models. Each metal model was different. Different pose, equipment, pouches, you got a great deal of individuality. That's what drew me to the guard; the huge model range and different models for many regiments. The different regiments weren't just the generic models painted different colors, (SM, CSM, Tau ,Eldar, ect..) they had their own models! With the Cadian plastics, it's regressing to the whole differen't color scheme for the different regiments.
But seriously, a Guardsman, I'm willing to bet, could a) outshoot me, b) give me the beating of my life, and c) shove more squad-based tactics down my throat than I'd ever care to digest. Guard are hard, hard men. Whether or not GW's inconsistent, Marine-worshipping fluff keeps with that, mkay?

Real men fight in tanks!

sig by Kais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Legio why do I always imagine you shouting when I read your posts? :P
legio mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jul 2006, 04:29   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Death-Merchant

i don't understand why arn't they all plastic?

i mean back in the day how did you get some many guard models if they were all plastic!
Death-Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jul 2006, 04:51   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Actually, most of the IG infantry are metal. Then the catachan and the cadian break the barrier and became plastic.
So basically, that';s the reason why the cadians are what you call the 'Default' IG as they are found in bigger numbers than almost all the other IG tropps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jul 2006, 13:10   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

Quote:
Originally Posted by legio mortis
Each metal model was different. Different pose, equipment, pouches, you got a great deal of individuality.
yeah, great deal of individuality. you had 8 models, repeated over and over and over and over. each squad was exactly the bloody same as the last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM
i don't understand why arn't they all plastic?
cuz they dont sell enough to warrant a plastic sprue. space marine commanders/scouts/everything on the other hand...

Elessar is offline   Reply With Quote