Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

IG againts dark eldar
Closed Thread
Old 29 Jun 2006, 07:09   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default IG againts dark eldar

im starting a new army .... IG and i need a list and some stratagies on how to defeat DE
can anyone give me a hand?
Old 29 Jun 2006, 10:17   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Re: IG againts dark eldar

Okay.. first we need to establish his army, your current models and some ideas you already have...

give us those and we can work from there
Old 29 Jun 2006, 11:26   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

Autocannons are great against dark eldar, since they are just about the best low AV vehcile killers in our arsenal. i would take as many as possible since they assure the descturtion of their vehicles and kills of their fast attack units such as jetbikes and helios guys. dont even bother going for lascannons, missile launchers basilisks or russes. they will be overkill against anything bar the odd Incubi, and his dark lances will mincemeat your heavy tanks. also, since their troops die rather easily a few mortars would be good to try and pin their 20 man footslugging squads.

Old 29 Jun 2006, 11:37   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

ok well my freind has got
3 hellions
dark eldar lord with power weapon and splinter pistol
hemonculus with poison blades and stinger
2 raiders with 2 squads attached
5 dark eldar jest bites

i hope this helps
Old 29 Jun 2006, 11:39   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

yeah that's what i thought. just go for autocannon grenadelauncher squads with some support heavy bolters.

Old 29 Jun 2006, 14:23   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I'd avoid grenades in favor of plasma guns. They're only 2 points more, and have better strength and ap.

The higher strength and ap will come in useful when your opponent starts using things like Talos.

Heavy Bolters are the order of the day, with scattered autocannons. Take out skimmers and bikers first, and the rest will crumple. No tanks mean that his lance weapons are all wasted. Wait until he's taken them all out of his army, then bring a couple russes. 8)
Old 29 Jun 2006, 14:56   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

well that helps me with strategy and bits of a list but what else should i include??, or can i include anything apart from what u told me not to include??
Old 30 Jun 2006, 01:28   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

when i faced the DE, there was one weapon that was unusually effective. the Inferno cannon of the Hellhound. its AV is not modified by Dark Lances, and as a template weapon, it inflicts two hits against the open-topped Raiders. i managed to hit two with one blast. talos are pretty tough to take out. they are almost certain to be faster than you so pick you targets carefully!

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Tauroc/Si..._berserker.gif
Old 30 Jun 2006, 02:31   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I dare say, consider a Leman russ.

I am a tread head, and NEVER leave home without one. But also, DE seem to lack the CC anti tank ability of other races such as Chaos, SM, Nids, ect.

So in the end, the only thing he has that can hurt you is a bright lance or lucky CC on the ass end of the tank.

So if you use other weaons to KO his skimmers, even if you lose nearly your entire army, your tank will be nearly unstopable. A gamble yes, but I love tanks.
Old 30 Jun 2006, 04:11   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

As far as strategy goes:

Forget Assault!

One tactic that works great for DE, and the only one I've seen employed, is to move quickly. How do you fight that? Shoot, shoot, shoot, did I mention shoot?

Sit back and blow his army to smithereens... he'll eventually close the gap, but your infantry squads can handle anything he'll throw at you. You may want to include a souped-up HQ, but Stormbolters are better than plasma pistols for officers.

Things you want to include:
Autocannons [As Ellessar mentioned]
HBs
Grenade Launchers
Meltas [Not alot... these are meant for last-minute tank busting]
Stormbolters
Stormtroopers
Ratlings [Pinning is very useful in immobilising expensive and quick troops to leave them at the mercy of larger guns]
Basilisk
Leman Russ

Good luck!
Stankov

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Closed Thread