Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

Gorrick the Ogryn- any critiques?
Closed Thread
Old 21 Jun 2006, 16:58   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle, WA (USA)
Posts: 1,559
Default Gorrick the Ogryn- any critiques?

Gorrick is the last survivor of Ogryn squad beta assigned to the Genofian 23rd, a Bone 'Ead. He can't be put into a new detachment, for every time he manages to wander back to his native regiment, the 23rd. He has been whipped twice for "desertion and dereliction of duty" in what would have been his new regiments, but this only continued to grow his fear of the new things out there. The third time he was scheduled to be punished, the officer staff of the 23rd intervened under the fact that try as you might, Gorrick wanted home, and home was the 23rd. Some amounts of money were exchanged in less-than-legal circumstances, and Gorrick fell through the abyss of the Administratum by faking his own death. (This however, was only an idea he went along with.) Now, Gorrick serves as whatever he feels like day in and day out. Bodyguard, man servant, wood chopper, cook, Gorrick is all of these and more. He carries a large axe, a throw back to his feral ogryn home in the mountains, and a custom ripper gun made by the regiment's mechanic, and he follows the regiment wherever they go, scrubbing dishes to killing things.

[table][tr][td] [/td][td]Cost[/td][td]Ws[/td][td]Bs[/td][td]S[/td][td]T[/td][td]W[/td][td]I[/td][td]A[/td][td]Ld[/td][td]Sv[/td][/tr][tr][td]Gorrick[/td][td]60[/td][td]4[/td][td]3[/td][td]5[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]3[/td][td]10[/td][td]5+[/td][/tr][/table]

Independant Character. Gorrick is an Independant Character. He must be used exactly as is followed and may not be given extra equiptment from the Imperial Guard Armory. You may use him in a game of 2,000 pts or more.

Weapons and Wargear. Gorrick carries a Heavy Close Combat Weapon in the form of a large axe, and his custom ripper gun counts as the following: Rng 24, S 4, AP 6, Assault 2. In addition he also has frag grenades.

Special Rules.
Gorrick has the following special rule from page 42 of Codex: Imperial Guard. Bulky.

Bodyguard.
Gorrick is fiercely loyal to his regiment, and hates to see his "frendz" come to harm. If he is fighting in the same assault phase as the highest ranking Genofian officer in the field, he may move up to 2 inches to switch enemies with the officer. That is the officer fights Gorrick's enemies if within two inches of him, and Gorrick fights the officer's enemies.



Colonel_Sanders is offline  
Old 26 Jun 2006, 13:44   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England- south west
Posts: 4,509
Default Re: Gorrick the Ogryn- any critiques?

thats good, he just needs a toughness of 5
__________________
I love looking back to yesterday, to see how we performed.
Then, looking to today, and seeing how we've improved.

Unfortunately, looking back to the things posted here, I realised I can now do much better :3

Here are my step by step tutorials for ease of use
Dreadnought close combat arms
Ig tanks
Ork PowerKlaw
messyart is offline  
Old 26 Jun 2006, 13:54   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Here. There. Everywhere.
Posts: 10,710
Send a message via MSN to Scout Sergeant Mkoll
Default Re: Gorrick the Ogryn- any critiques?

Quote:
Originally Posted by messyart
thats good, he just needs a toughness of 5
Why?

Nice work Colonel Sanders. I like the fluff too. Maybe you could come up with a short story about it, the regiment going into battle or something? I also like the fact that we now have non-human IG characters other than those made by GW, everyone seems to make human characters or super-human (Marines etc.) So congrats on being unique as well as keeping it balanced and simple.

I would suggest giving him the bodyguard rule for the highest officer of the regiment who appears on the battlefield though. Just to get across the fact that he is completely devoted to the regiment, not just to one person in that regiment, which again makes him a little more unique.
__________________
May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visuality (film)
Oh come on, just because I'm carrying around the joy of killing your family, doesn't mean we still can't be friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Thrace
Ah, I'm minnie, meaning I'm sexy, badass, and will happily shoot you in the back.

Damn, I hope I don't get quoted calling myself sexy. :funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.
Scout Sergeant Mkoll is offline  
Old 26 Jun 2006, 14:05   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England- south west
Posts: 4,509
Default Re: Gorrick the Ogryn- any critiques?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout Sergeant Mkoll
Quote:
Originally Posted by messyart
thats good, he just needs a toughness of 5
Why?
well, ogryns in the codex have a t of 5
__________________
I love looking back to yesterday, to see how we performed.
Then, looking to today, and seeing how we've improved.

Unfortunately, looking back to the things posted here, I realised I can now do much better :3

Here are my step by step tutorials for ease of use
Dreadnought close combat arms
Ig tanks
Ork PowerKlaw
messyart is offline  
Old 26 Jun 2006, 15:27   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle, WA (USA)
Posts: 1,559
Default Re: Gorrick the Ogryn- any critiques?

Yep. I'll do the bodyguard thing, that's a good idea.

I'll check up on the Toughness, and if so maybe drop a wound. The idea is that he's tough, I got it from the fluff about being whipped a bunch.
(Imperial Guard punishments are hard, few survive them).

The Bodyguard thing I'll do, but it seems a bit like a rip off from Nork Deddog, even if it does carry the point across.
Colonel_Sanders is offline  
Old 26 Jun 2006, 17:54   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1
Default Re: Gorrick the Ogryn- any critiques?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel_Sanders
Gorrick is the last survivor of Ogryn squad beta assigned to the Genofian 23rd, a Bone 'Ead.

Special Rules.
Gorrick has the following special rules from page 42 of Codex: Imperial Guard. "It's Dark in Dere!" and Bulky.
You say he's a bone head, so why does he have the 'It's dark in dere!' rule??
Trabnl is offline  
Old 27 Jun 2006, 08:13   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Here. There. Everywhere.
Posts: 10,710
Send a message via MSN to Scout Sergeant Mkoll
Default Re: Gorrick the Ogryn- any critiques?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trabnl
You say he's a bone head, so why does he have the 'It's dark in dere!' rule??
An interesting point. Bone 'Eads ignore that rule. Well spotted Trabnl.

Also, if he does turn out to have a toughness of 5 just increase his points cost slightly by say 5 points. And the bodyguard rule may seem to be a rip-off from Nork but IIRC he had to be attached to 1 character, your guy can be attatched to any character which makes him more unique and rare than Nork.
__________________
May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visuality (film)
Oh come on, just because I'm carrying around the joy of killing your family, doesn't mean we still can't be friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Thrace
Ah, I'm minnie, meaning I'm sexy, badass, and will happily shoot you in the back.

Damn, I hope I don't get quoted calling myself sexy. :funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.
Scout Sergeant Mkoll is offline  
Old 27 Jun 2006, 14:47   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle, WA (USA)
Posts: 1,559
Default Re: Gorrick the Ogryn- any critiques?

Ah, the bone 'ead thing doesn't work, you're right.

And he's not T5. Checked the codex.
Colonel_Sanders is offline  
Old 27 Jun 2006, 15:30   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England- south west
Posts: 4,509
Default Re: Gorrick the Ogryn- any critiques?

as did i
__________________
I love looking back to yesterday, to see how we performed.
Then, looking to today, and seeing how we've improved.

Unfortunately, looking back to the things posted here, I realised I can now do much better :3

Here are my step by step tutorials for ease of use
Dreadnought close combat arms
Ig tanks
Ork PowerKlaw
messyart is offline  
Old 28 Jun 2006, 00:17   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle, WA (USA)
Posts: 1,559
Default Re: Gorrick the Ogryn- any critiques?

did you check the reference, or the army list entry?
Colonel_Sanders is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ogryn usefulness? some insight into a theory...Ogryn tactics... Krumpa Imperial Guard 14 18 Jul 2009 23:44
Looking for five (5) critiques. sarnas Fluff/Stories 12 30 Jun 2007 19:22
Warhammer 40k on the D20 System (Reply's, critiques, ideas please) Hearld of Shadows 40K Creations 51 27 Jun 2007 14:03
First List ... Tau 1700 pts - Critiques Wanted dunedon Tau Army Lists 3 12 Oct 2006 18:46
Plan for a 1500 pt army list- Critiques...? Vulcan Space Marines 5 04 Jul 2006 19:08