Martin Meltwick and Qualt Inet
Closed Thread
Old 21 Jun 2006, 00:43   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Martin Meltwick and Qualt Inet

Name: Martin Meltwick

Regiment/battlegroup: 612th 'Pyro' Cityburners

Stat line:
Must be taken in a special weapons support squad. The maximum amount of flamers possible must be taken. All models in the squad without a flamer must take an Exterminator (oneshot flamer that hooks onto a gun) at +6 a model.
Cost Ws Bs S T W I A Ld Sv
+250 3 3 3 3 1 3 1 8 4+

Weapons and wargear:
Heavy Flamer, Carapace Armor, Napalm Grenades

Special Rules:
Bring the Heat!: Having spent years learning and relearning the value of a flamer in a city, Martin has perfected his own little brew for the promethium in flamers. All flamers in the army act as Heavy Flamers, and all Heavy Flamers and Inferno Cannons gain use 2 Torch Templates instead of the normal one.

Flame On: All Platoons of infantry can take 2 special weapons, as long as both are flamers.

Napalm Grenades: If Martin is within 6" of a Terrain piece, he may use a Napalm Grenade. Napalm grenades are designed for burning out any enemies that are hidden in cover. When you make the attack, take the closest line of sight to the building. Mark the point and measure an 6" circle on the point. Any models caught within the building and under the circle are hit as if they were shot with an Incinerator.
At the beginning of every turn thereafter, roll a D6. on a 4-6, the building is considered to be burning. Any model within a burning building takes a hit as if it were a flamer.
At the beginning of every turn thereafter, roll a D6. on a 4-6, the building keeps on burning. On a 6 re-roll- if there is another 5 or 6, the building has burned down. Any model in the building takes a S hit equal to the building's height in inches divided by 2, max 10, no AP... -> S=(building height/2) AP -

Fluff:
Martin Meltwick was originally drafted as an in-field mechanic for a Hellhound. Noted for his fiery temper and willingness to burn anything, he was immediately drafted to the frontline in hopes that he would die quickly. The opposite was true. He quickly became known as 'the Burning Daemon' because of his cackling laugh and the power of his flamers. Elevated to a commanding position at age 33, Martin has been forced to mellow slightly, but his fiery temper has come back time and time again- preventing him from rising through the ranks. Recently, he has started to clash with his superiors, but seems to be able to get along with the Regiment's commissar, Qualt Inet; strangely enough.

Name: Qualt Inet

Regiment/battlegroup: 612th 'Pyro' Cityburners

Stat line:
If taken, must be taken in the same special weapons support squad as Martin Meltwick. If taken with Martin Meltwick, they count
Cost Ws Bs S T W I A Ld Sv
70 4 4 3 3 2 4 2 10 4+

Weapons and wargear:
Powerfist, laspistol, Carapace Armor, RaDeS

Special Rules:
RaDeS: Rapid Deployment Signal- This device is a targeter for a light aerial transport gifted to him when he was younger. The team may deep strike as the rules, even if not normally allowed to do so. They also must be held in Reserve even if not normally allowed to do so.

Fluff:
Qualt Inet was originally assigned to the 612th as a temporary assignment before being put aboard a ship bound for training areas; before he met Martin Meltwick. Once he met with Martin Meltwick, he began to wonder if his life was worth simply training fresh meat for the grinder. Qualt has stayed for the Regiment for the last eight years because of Martin, and has fished Martin out of many a sticky situation. To this day, Qualt is probably the only reason that Martin is still alive, being the water for his fiery temper.

[hr]

If somebody could playtest these two and let me know how they do, I would be most appreciative.

EDIT: Changed Napalm Grenades
Old 21 Jun 2006, 23:00   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar
Default Re: Martin Meltwick and Qualt Inet

4 heavy flamer templates for 12 points to infantry squads? 12 heavy flamers and an incenerator in a single squad? even if half of them are one shot flamers it's still insane. WAAAAAY to cheap for what he does.(this guy should be like 200 points for catachan armies)

Old 21 Jun 2006, 23:20   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

200 pts + squad... ok
fixed

This is not Catachan- they hate commissars

Besides, this is a seige regiment- not a Jungle fighting unit.
Old 21 Jun 2006, 23:23   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

well i didn't mean it would HAVE to be 200, that was just an estimate for what this guy would be able to do in a Codex: Catachan army.

Old 21 Jun 2006, 23:50   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

But it makes sense... right?
This is a siege regiment that really kills any sort of cover. I just wanted someone to make a flamer heavy army and actually have it win...
Old 24 Jun 2006, 03:03   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

instead of two templates, just re-roll to wound. and WOW are those naplam grenades NICE.

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Tauroc/Si..._berserker.gif
Old 24 Jun 2006, 03:17   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailTheRuss
instead of two templates, just re-roll to wound. and WOW are those naplam grenades NICE.
Nah, then it's just TLed

Yeah... I should power down those...
Old 20 Jul 2006, 01:01   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I would make it that if you got like 5 of more flamers on a vehicle you got 2D6 for your Armour Penetration roll.
Closed Thread