Warhammer 40K Forum

Olanus Pious
Closed Thread
Old 20 Jun 2006, 14:09   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Olanus Pious

Hands up who knows this guy! ;D

[table][tr][td] [/td][td]Cost[/td][td]Ws[/td][td]Bs[/td][td]S[/td][td]T[/td][td]W[/td][td]I[/td][td]A[/td][td]Ld[/td][td]Sv[/td][/tr][tr][td]Olanus Pious[/td][td]90[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]3[/td][td]3[/td][td]3[/td][td]4[/td][td]3[/td][td]10[/td][td]5+/4++[/td][/tr][/table]
Any Imperial Guard Army of 2,000pts or more may include Olanus Pious. If he is used, you may not include Preachers in your army (the Imperial Cult did not exist then!).
Equipment: Lasgun.
SPECIAL RULES:
Independent Character: Olanus Pious is an Independent Character.
Faithful: Olanus was so filled with faith in the Emperor that he was willing to face down Horus himself. Such courage and faith empowers Olanus to succeed where mortal men would fail. Olanus has a 4+ Invulnerable Save.
Living Saint: Olanus is the embodiment of the Imperial Guard, and none who fight beside him can hope to fail. Olanus, and any unit within 12" of him, automatically pass all Leadership Tests and Morale Checks they are required to make.

Olanus Pious is taken from the 1st Edition fluff surrounding the Horus Heresy, where Horus and the Emperor fought in a Bunker. Olanus Pious heroically put himself between the Warmaster and the Emperor, seeking to defend the Emperor as long as he could. For this, he became the Patron Saint of the Guard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 20 Jun 2006, 14:17   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar
Default Re: Olanus Pious

*raises hand*
I didn't know they made rules for him, or did you make them? either way, awesome! ;D

Closed Thread