Warhammer 40K Forum

Random Fluff for Your Army or World
Closed Thread
Old 03 Jun 2006, 04:27   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Random Fluff for Your Army or World

You're probably wondering what I mean.

How about I tell you

Have any random objects or ideas in your army? Special drugs and medicines, or mess kits, or food? Explain them here.

Heres mine:

Generalissimo Stankov founded the ice world of Minsk in the Name of the Most Holy and Exalted Emperor of Man in M39.937.

Algae Wheat: All food is grown or raised underground in vast botanical caverns using hydroponics, with the exception of temperate zone plants. One of the only edible plants available was a naturally growing algae. When dried and ground up, it forms a fine powder. This can be used to make any bread product from hardtack to elegant dinner rolls. All foods produced with this algae flour have a dark green colour.

Non-arctic regions: Minsk is belted in a fairly temperate zone around the equatorial zone, with temperatures hovering a few below 0 Fahrenheit. This affords, for Ice-worlders, a popular vacationing spot for the rich and powerful of Minsk. All colonels are given a house on the famous Kamchatka Sea, a heavily salted inland sea that is rarely iced over. There are only a few miles north to south of this temperate zone, and the land is sought after not only for recreation, but it is the one area where plants can be grown above the surface of the planet. Below the snow lies icy sand, and when fertilized, can make able soil.

Io-Fedimine: A strong painkiller used by the medics on Minsk produced from hydroponicly grown algae, that can cause delusions and hallucinations, or even death when injected liberally.

Gerelium-nitrate: A chemical that greatly increases the healing process of human tissue. Harvested from a rare deposit of ice found only at the poles of Minsk. It is usually reserved only for officers.

Veredium-oxide
: A powerful anesthetic harvested from ice reserves beneath the Great Ocean. It can cause siezures or death if liberally injected.

Anyone else?
Thoughts?

Stankov

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 03 Jun 2006, 11:59   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Random Fluff for Your Army or World

Verti-no: Drug that overcomes a humans fear of heights or altitude
Garana Berries: Sweet tasting berries only found on the Garana plant, which can only be found in the high mountains of Kaninchen. Standard issue in the food rations of the Kaninchen Air Infantry.

Turning and Turning in the widening gyre, the falcon cannot hear the falconer; Things fall apart; The centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world.
W.B. Yeates
The Second Coming

Thanks to Drobot for the sig
Old 03 Jun 2006, 12:07   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

Twitch: Powerful drug which is injected directly into the blood stream. the drug triggers enourmous amounts of adrenaline release and nervous functions. reflexes become greatly enhanced and muscle movement speed is enourmously increased. this has the ability of making individuals under the influence of the drug become 'hyper active' increasing the amount of information they can analyse in a short period of time and react to it. muscle reaction is so quick however that tissue damage begins to emrege shortly affter taking the drug, and body chemical levels begin to rise. after the drugs effects peak the body begins to twitch uncontrollably then muscle systems freeze up until the user pases out for a few hours. the effects of the drug last from one to two hours depending on the amount taken and the users body mass. lower bodymass requires less drug, but also recieves takes more damage from muscle hyper-movement.

gamewise: any guardsmen with this ability adds +1 to his initiative and re-rolls failed rolls to wound in closecombat. any 1s to hit in close combat cause a wound to the user, armoursave allowed.

breath: a weed which is dried, roleld up and smoked. the smoke causes the user's body function and primary muscles to slow down, and breathing cycles become extended. under the influece of this drug a users body becomes perfectly still and does not move for hours. this reduced body activity allows the user to focus on his hearing and vision senses, and the power to analyse the input received via these senses. so inefect the users soroundings are slowed down and everything seems to happen slower in a sort of 'bullet-time'. this drug is used by snipers and sharpshooters from the Teutonia system to allow greater accuracy against moving targets. this has the enormous downside however of not allowing the user to move from his current position without enormous effort. if the user is attacked he will be as good as helpless.

Guerra Trench Rifles: Guerra Trench Rifles use the same basic firing mechanism as a lasgun with the exception of its power cells. While standard
imperial lasguns use a 'clip' battery to draw energy for each shot the Guerra rifles use an individual battery for each shot. This means that the rifle can more easily focus the laser shot, making it alot more accurate at long range. the downside to this is that after each shot a new battery has to be placed in the firing chamber. this is done via a bolt which expels the old battery and draws a new one from a 10 battery magazine. This limits the amount of firing that can be done while on the move.

Catachan Creep: A form of creeper weed that growths in the Teutonian system. the creeper is extremely quick in growing and subsists completely on moisture, light and a variety of minerals. It has the ability to extract and use metals and carbons from rock-crete and plastesteel to subsit, allowing it to grow in urban terrain. Teutonian regiments equiped with cameleoline material plant this creeper in urban areas until it engulfs a battlefield. this does not damage the infrastructure but turns the battlefield green. this makes any urban camoflague used by enemy forces redundant, but the Teutonian's cameloeline quickly adapts.

Old 04 Jun 2006, 22:02   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

My cadre spent a week infiltrating a planet, pretending to be Imperial Guardsmen.

Blue-Taking a Chimera around my Devilfish was one of those great modeling moments that you treasure. I might still have a tank commander with an IG beret glued on to his head.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 07 Jun 2006, 06:35   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Faith in Steel, Steel in faith

-If a unit is within 12" of a leman russ or leman russ variant, that unit may reroll leadership tests once.
-All of your leman russ or leman russ variants must be destroyerd in order for your enemy to claim victory.
-An Imperial Gaurd army may include 0-3 troop selections, and "0-1" from the armylist "Armored Company". But your army is limited to 1 fast attack, and cannot have any elites.
-All vehicles have access to the Armored Company upgrades/armor/or what ever they call it.

And I need to go over all the things they cant have, there will be alot.
Old 07 Jun 2006, 07:01   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

they can't have elites, only one fast attack, only 3 troops. all of this for a leman russ as a troop choice? isn't that a bit harsh? why not:
Faith in steel - Costs 10 points per squad, any Leman Russ(or variant) counts as a Ld8 officer. May Take a single Leman Russ as a troop choice. it doesn't count as one of your compulsary choices.(you can adjust the points cost)

Old 07 Jun 2006, 08:03   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elessar
they can't have elites, only one fast attack, only 3 troops. all of this for a leman russ as a troop choice? isn't that a bit harsh? why not:
Faith in steel - Costs 10 points per squad, any Leman Russ(or variant) counts as a Ld8 officer. May Take a single Leman Russ as a troop choice. it doesn't count as one of your compulsary choices.(you can adjust the points cost)
No, it measn upto three of your 6 your troop slots may be filled by troop choices from AC.

And one of your HQs can be a HQ from the AC.

The point of the this is to create a cross between AC and IG.

But for the costs to have that sweet deal, tank upgrades, Ld bonus from the tanks.

You pay

- Only one fast attack
- No elites
- No heavy weapons platoon
- Limits on Docrines, no drop troops, no jungle fighters, no close order drill, no light infintry, no chem inhalers, no cyberenhancements, no

Closed Thread