Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Fluff for Medusa
Closed Thread
Old 18 May 2006, 20:14   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Fluff for Medusa

I decided, with the approval of the Lord Solar, to start a topic to brainstorm fluff ideas for
a. How your army got to Medusa
b. What our Task force, En Nominae Imperiae [or somethin' liek that] is specifically doing there

a. The 822nd Minsk Battlegroup was called upon to participate in the Medusa Campiagn. Generalissimo Stankov sent his own Command Regiment, and 5 regiments [43rd Heavy Infantry, 32nd Drop Troops, 86th Artillary, 12th Light Tank, and 78th Armoured Infantry] He is there on planet as well.

b. I have no idea right now, but soon!

Stankov

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 18 May 2006, 20:57   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Fluff for Medusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generalissimo Stankov
I decided, with the approval of the Lord Solar, to start a topic to brainstorm fluff ideas for
a. How your army got to Medusa
b. What our Task force, En Nominae Imperiae [or somethin' liek that] is specifically doing there

a. The 822nd Minsk Battlegroup was called upon to participate in the Medusa Campiagn. Generalissimo Stankov sent his own Command Regiment, and 5 regiments [43rd Heavy Infantry, 32nd Drop Troops, 86th Artillary, 12th Light Tank, and 78th Armoured Infantry] He is there on planet as well.

b. I have no idea right now, but soon!

Stankov
Hey, I'm back from my vacation.
General Suggestions
a) Plain old regiments called from planets to help out.

b) Fighting. What else?
Old 18 May 2006, 21:11   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

One point A:

They were summoned at the order of the Khorne Lord Arnell during the Grandution Wars which they were proscecuting against the Imperium shortly before the Black Templars interviened and forced them off Grandution I and into the cold void. Seeing no clear militarial goals beyond the resupply and re-arm of their small war fleets, the Dantiun Guard proceeded to the nearby system of Medusa and proceeded to make planetfall.

One point B:
Fighting for Lord Arnell .
Old 19 May 2006, 07:17   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

A)
"The stars belong to us by divine right... it is time to remind them of that."
-Captain Nibel of the Timberwolf

B)
"I've seen these Tau flyers in action... good machines, but their pilots lack the gift. Skill prevails over technology every time, and we've got it coming out of our ears! Just watch for those Mantas, and the first to put a Lance-Charge through the bridge gets double grog!"
-Jodran Kenifis, 4th Fang-Alpha of the Timberwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 19 May 2006, 07:56   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

A) After the re-taking of the guerra sector from rebels and chaos cultists the Elessarian battlegroup was sent to medusa. the battle group was dispersed at arrival, and the regiments assigned to new battle groups. Lord Captain Commander(now only Lord Captain) Elessar returned to his orignal regiment, the Teutonian 633rd and was placed under the command of his lordship Generalissimo Arkadia Vladimir Stankov. They are currently stationed in hive Euryales, and are helping local forces to quell the riotings. the regiment has also been assigned penal squads from the Vigilus penitentiary, these are being led by Commissar Stahlhand. (pronounced shtalhand) ive converted some cadians to look like shotgun wielding convicts and a steel legion commissar with a plasma pistol and spacemarine powerfist, ill be using the rules for colonel schaeffer and basic legionnaries.

no fluff for my guerra trench regiment yet, im still working on that.

the norska marauders 1st regiment was originally posted to battle zone tisiphone, but they have been transfered to the monastery of madrigales by order of the inquisition. no further information is available about there wereabouts.(this regiment is actually used by the ordo malleus as a source of recruits for greyknight and stormtrooper training)

B) well, nuf said in section A really.

Old 21 May 2006, 04:16   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to king.com

A) After the First Armaggedon conflict, the Remants of the Genovian 65th-97th joined together for form the Genovian 72nd. On their return to Genovia a warp storm struck and the transports were thrown clear of what is known as real space. When they returned they were in the unknown reaches past Tau space. The 3rd war for Armaggedon was underway at this time. The regiment have battled their way across the Tau Empire trying to find a way home. They have recruited many different races to join them, defeated Tau, eldar, mutant humans and even on few occasions, Orks. The regiment have finnally found a last chance to return home. A warp storm, contained to a planet. The Tau Earth caste had been trying to utilise it to recreated warp travel. After a fierce battle the Genovian 72nd ruptured tthe containment, destroying the planet and causing the regiment to slingshot into Imperial Space. Normally they would have arrived near the Ultramar but the luck of the Genovian 72nd never ran out and they were sucked into the warp storm (forget what its called) and appeared nearby Medusa IV.

B)The Genovian 72nd march their way to war once again to save this planet, and their last hope of ever getting home through the slingshot warp anomaly (sp?)

What do you guys think?
Old 21 May 2006, 04:57   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Sounds good...

Its nice to see some fluff-oriented reasons, instead of just "To kill them Chaotic sons a guns"

Stankov

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 21 May 2006, 07:05   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to king.com

Yea, gives me some emotional reasons to win >
Old 21 May 2006, 07:38   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to T pok Send a message via MSN to T pok

The 122nd mechinized rends were called in to the artica zone of conflict (being the best experts in the sector) and are atempting to evacuate the population.

The repers have come to give aid to their Imperum and the Imperl forces are'nt under reson to kill them even though terra has orderd it as they need troops.(Hells slingshot is one of the resons they can be found all over the galexy.)

The El'starn sept is being deployed to the artic ares on this planet to defend station B16.
brave kid, i don't know if i could do that. whichever girl gets you for life is the luckiest in the world.
Old 21 May 2006, 09:56   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

A: The Altyrian Royal Rangers decided they needed a good fight, (Fighting Tau didnt really do it for them) so when the call to arms came they were one of the first to answer

B: killing orks, killing eldar, meah, its all good

Turning and Turning in the widening gyre, the falcon cannot hear the falconer; Things fall apart; The centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world.
W.B. Yeates
The Second Coming

Thanks to Drobot for the sig
Closed Thread