Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Vostroyan Models Question....???
Closed Thread
Old 01 May 2006, 17:20   #1 (permalink)
General Stupidity

Default Vostroyan Models Question....???

Hello, i got the new white dwarf 317 and wow! im really impressed by the new Vostroyan models i think they look great (Keep it up GW!) But there is one question which i need to ask you the reader! Hokay, so the deal is once i've finished my lunar wolves im gonna collect these guys, so i've drafted up a 500pt list and theres about 40 guardsmen and 6 heavy bolters and so on. But when i check up on the models that are getting released on june 10th i found out that there are no single heavy bolter teams, you can only get'em from the Vostroyan regiment set which is a bit of a bummer!

So what i'm asking is are GW gonna bring out the heavy bolter teams in individual box sets (Like the lascannon & Mortar) and if so when abouts will they be released???????

Thanks!

The Weak Fight Back!!!

Old 01 May 2006, 20:39   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Vostroyan Models Question....???

I'm pretty sure they are, I coulda sworn I saw all three heavy weapons on their schedule last I was in GW. In blisters I think, just like 'troopers' and 'officers'. They seem to have a simular sert up release wise as the Steel Legion did, the difference being how they all come out on the same day instead of being staggered.

Besides if they don't, there is always mail order.

I know what you mean about wanting to do an army... I do too. But then I have too many army projects going as it is!
Old 01 May 2006, 21:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasrkin Rhodes
I'm pretty sure they are, I coulda sworn I saw all three heavy weapons on their schedule last I was in GW. In blisters I think, just like 'troopers' and 'officers'. They seem to have a simular sert up release wise as the Steel Legion did, the difference being how they all come out on the same day instead of being staggered.

Besides if they don't, there is always mail order.

I know what you mean about wanting to do an army... I do too. But then I have too many army projects going as it is!
The current and only box set I have seen for this army is the platoon one which my friend bought on Saturday. Two squads, command squad and 3 casualties. The heavy weapons was mortar and lascannon.

I am sure in time they will release more but this is all you can get right now at least
Old 01 May 2006, 23:28   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Sadly i have not seen the heavy bolter ebign sold seperately, only the lascannons and the mortars. The only way to ge then is to but the first born squad set or to direct order it once the squad set comes out...it might cost the same as the lascannon or mortar...at least i hope.

Old 04 May 2006, 21:37   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

OKay the new squad box just went up and the individual bits are 3.50 for a basic trooper, 5.50 for the sergent and the heavy bolter is 3, the two crew are 4 each, so it is cheaper to buy a bolter from direct order for 12 than to by a lascannon/mortar blister for 15 =). Good deal.

Closed Thread