Warhammer 40K Forum

The one man army (well its three but they support him) and his skills
Closed Thread
Old 22 Nov 2004, 09:23   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default The one man army (well its three but they support him) and his skills

The [glow=red,2,300]one man army[/glow]

Sly Marbo= Ambush- Can be revealed and then move into another ambush in the same turn. Also he can move shoot and then in assult move into a further ambush (haha love it)
2 support snipers= shoot out of ambush
9 traps= 2x shredder mines, 3x* plasma charges, 3x spring mines and 1x a normal old trap
a Catachan Devil (small) and a couple of other little suprises in the jungle for you (eg venus man traps, man eater worms, poison vines and all manner of nasty plants)

all up its adds to around 750 pts

also lots and lots and lots... argg what the heck... and some more jungle terrain

if you know what all this is please post and tell me what you think (love it)
Old 22 Nov 2004, 11:12   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: The one man army (well its three but they support him) and his skills

Dude,seeing as though nobody else has bothered to reply i will.
although i don't like guard i have to say it's not a bad idea but i think you should get some infantry support because otherwise there just gonna get sluaghtered.
Old 23 Nov 2004, 00:22   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: The one man army (well its three but they support him) and his skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Wielder
Dude,seeing as though nobody else has bothered to reply i will.
although i don't like guard i have to say it's not a bad idea but i think you should get some infantry support because otherwise there just gonna get sluaghtered.
Yep, sorry to say it, but you are... Against my Guard arny, Sly would be shot multiply times whilst my autocannons singaled out the snipers.
Old 23 Nov 2004, 05:34   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

he hem *cough*ambush*cough*

i will take sentinals to boost the points if i have too. Also i control the creatures and my snipers can shoot with out being seen (love it). this is very helpful against Tau armies (they cant spot ambushes anyways)
Old 23 Nov 2004, 05:49   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to freeman

No, i'm going to have to disagree and say that i think that sly would kick a**e, i know a certain tau army that would be absolutely slaughtered by him, not to mention my own army would have to work they're but off and roll a whole damn lot of 6's to beat him. Lets not forget that if we're playing using jungle terrain ...Ouch!!!!!
Old 24 Nov 2004, 07:35   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

YAY someone agrees with me

also if its a rather large battle (2000pts or more) i will take straken and a patrol squad (which can also ambush)
Old 24 Nov 2004, 17:49   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

You do realize that crap like that is illegal and you would get pwned by any non noob.

But good luck getting somebody stupid enough to even talk to you about it much less play it.

If you showed me all this in RL and asked for a game I would tell you that you to go away or play by the rules.

If you have to make up your own rules to play the game you shouldn't bother at all.

Edit by Tau Online: Watch the language. There's no need for it.
Old 24 Nov 2004, 18:39   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to AmericanWarMonger

dont use bad language!
Old 24 Nov 2004, 19:53   #9 (permalink)
CnadienWargamerW

you were using bad language, AWM. anyways, how could you use a three model army?

Old 25 Nov 2004, 06:24   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avor
You do realize that crap like that is illegal and you would get pwned by any non noob.

But good luck getting somebody stupid enough to even talk to you about it much less play it.

If you showed me all this in RL and asked for a game I would tell you that you go away or play by the rules.

If you have to make up your own rules to play the game you shouldn't bother at all.
ummm 1 prob: ambush is a pergectly legal rule
and you have to know the stratergy to know how im gonna win (ive won 4 out of 6 battles using just marbo 2 snipers and a couple of creaturs and traps ;D)