Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1500 pts Armoured Company
Closed Thread
Old 20 Apr 2006, 13:49   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to VF-7
Default 1500 pts Armoured Company

Well, Here I am, I have emigrated from Tau board to space marines to daemonhunters and now I find my self writing an IG list.
Why? Don't know, perhaps it will be my second army

Edited and corrected, for third time now..... Hope you like it.... if not shred it appart.

Command Tank Leman Russ Exterminator* -290-
Twin Linked Auto Cannon Turret, Hull Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Pintle Mounted Storm Bolter
Improved Coms,Track Guards, Extra Armour,Forge Crafted
-What I intented here was a horde busting HQ plain and simple

Elite
Leman Russ Ace -260-
Hull Lascannon and Plasma Sponsons
Track Guards, Extra Armour, Forge Crafted, Improved sponsons
This is just a filler, but a heavy hitting filler neverthe less, It's pretty much designed to take on the fight to HQ and Heavy support slots, while the rest of the Tanks move in and support

Troops
Leman Russ Battle Tank -190-
Battlecannon, Hull Lascannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Hunter Killer Missile
Track Guards,Extra Armour
-These guys are here for a mix of Powerarmour/Horde busting power- Lascannon is there for dealing with Daemons, and as a Heavy Hit when moving 6" a turn, They have the Hunter-Killer Missile for the first turn of shooting when the lascannon is out of range

-same-

-same-

-same-

Heavy Support

Basilisk Artillery vehicle -100-
Standard of it
I really have no experience with artillery, perhaps I will replace them both for a 10 man squad IST and leave the other 500 pts for a souped up Inquisitor Lord .... of course, Chimeras for 'em

Basilisk Artillery vehicle -100-
Standard of it

Doctrines:
Rare- LeMan Russ Exterminator
Forge Crafted
Improved Sponsons
Total: 1500
Lost are only those who abandon themselves.
Old 20 Apr 2006, 13:51   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: 1500 pts Armoured Company

Personally, I'd only field Destroyer Tank-Hunters if you expect heavy armour resistance.

Has more gubbinz than I would like... I prefer my tanks to go light on the Wargear, but that's just me.

Otherwise, solid list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 20 Apr 2006, 15:12   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Thnks, I thought it was solid too.

I dont expect lotta armour resistance, is just that it aint ordance so it is not at the whim of the scatter dice and i can fire while moving 6" at 72" :P , so they are more like my fail-safes.

However I am thinking i will lower it to 1 and take another "troop" Leman Russ, and drop sideskirts to buy anti-tank rounds, right now I am at school but when i get to my laptop i will see if the benefits out-weight the price, Perhaps those 60 points for bs4 will help get either smokes and hunter killer missiles for evryone or mine sweepers and rough terrain modifications (darn catchan.....)

As for the gubbins, yes, they have lots of stuff, but that's how i like them, you think points-wise I think money-wise, so its more like filling the gaps until i reach 1500 straight with the less-money spent

*wargamer almost liked my list ;D*

Thnks, Btw when does the AC guide will be out?
Old 20 Apr 2006, 15:41   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Hmmm... no idea...

Anyways, I like the list, but I suggest Vanquishers instead of destroyers. If I remember correctly, they're cheaper, and they can fire the same as you Lemans. But Destroyers are pretty powerful, so, for taking out monstrous creatures and heavy tanks, they're at home.

I would suggest scrapping one Armoured fist squad, and thinking about eitehr another Leman Russ, or some Sentinels.

Solid!
Stankov

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 20 Apr 2006, 15:58   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Thnx

Quote:
I suggest Vanquishers instead of destroyers. If I remember correctly, they're cheaper, and they can fire the same as you Lemans.
Well, I dont remember about the vanquisher, but i have two issues with them, I dont especially like the turret, and are they direct or ordance fire?
The reason i like the destroyers is that i can fire without making scatter rolls, so that winged Hive Tyrant wont get away

Quote:
I would suggest scrapping one Armoured fist squad, and thinking about eitehr another Leman Russ, or some Sentinels.
Hmm i wanted to field 2 sentinels but they are open topped, and nid have lots'o venom cannons, Tau, well they are tau, so for the same price i get a +2 av* vehicle with 2 weapons and 9 models on the table.

Yes the armoured fist cost heaps so perhaps i will be replacing it for another LeMan Russ
Old 20 Apr 2006, 16:24   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

only problem with infantry is if they dismount, theres a good chance that your opponenet's infantry will shoot them lots, having no other targets for anti-infatry fire. the only thing i dont like about the detroyer is that its main gun is only a slightly-souped lascannon. i played a game with my AC and my sentinel was completely unmolested for the enitre game, because my opponent chose to shoot at my Russ tanks. for fire purposes, nothin puts the fear into those 2+ people like a LR Demolisher. In AC it costs the same as a LR, but packs the Demolisher Cannon. you also seem to field a lot of wargear on your tanks.

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Tauroc/Si..._berserker.gif
Old 20 Apr 2006, 16:44   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailTheRuss
only problem with infantry is if they dismount, theres a good chance that your opponenet's infantry will shoot them lots, having no other targets for anti-infatry fire.
You hitted the nail in the head!, That's right but I still dont want the armoured fist for shooting, well, yes, you will see on the edited list when i post it in the night, right now i only want them to be support units for my Hq, with weak side armour i think is better to shield the exterminator with my chimeras (by blocking LoS) the exterminator still has the ability to shot forward to the nids while moving

Quote:
In AC it costs the same as a LR, but packs the Demolisher Cannon.
Quite right, however, It has a very short range, thus its vulnerable to 40 gauss shots (rapid fire of 2x15 necron warrior squads in average) that's mainly why i have shunned it, and in my personal experience that rule has caused my mechtau more problems than lascannons or anything else, Perhaps ill save him for heavy support, or buy the improved sponsons rule and pay for the plasmacannons on the russes (only for facing necrons)

As for the wargear, HQ is ment to rush until the enemy is en-range of heavy bolters
backed up by the chimeras wich have smoke and that is for glancing only and then some good saves on average rolls while guarding my Hq's weak flank, then if they survive enough to the hq to pay its points (wich wont be that difficult against nids) they will brake off and head for objectives, so the surviving LeMan Russ step forward and make a decent tank formation and static firebase

Until that the rest of the tanks get their attention elsewhere moping down monstrous creatures with ap3/2 blasts or as a moving firebase

As for the sentinels there's the pulse rifle S5, so if lucky they will glance them or even make penetrating hits, and i have 24 of em. and that's 25 bucks for 1 single autocannon/multilasser!

List edited, have some points to spare
Old 21 Apr 2006, 05:42   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

yea...when i faced necrons, i switched from my AC to an all infantry company.

thats true about the sentinels, when they teake fire, they die. if you get em into CC with those tau though....they cant hurt it and it'll just kick em around. probably not too much worry for an ac though, with s5 guns.

i just noticed...its true ordance scatters 2d6 pick the highest firing indirect, but how are you getting Leman Russ battlecannons to fire indirect? as far as i know the only IG with indirect are the Griffon and Basilisk. possibly the Manticore, but im not sure. regular mortars too.

with 108 pts..you could buy:
- a pair of sentinels (autocannon pattern) - good against skimmers, infantry, light vehicles

- a bare-bones basilisk- highly vulerable when not got the indirect fire, but hey, its another Big Gun

-a salamander (in imperial armor book)

if you free up some points, id take a hellhound for sure, especially agaisnt nids...although if you can get in in range, it will seriously mess up tau and catachans.

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Tauroc/Si..._berserker.gif
Old 22 Apr 2006, 05:25   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I have Edited the main list, I worked on this yesterday, but had no time to post it.

I have some doubts, on Command tank entry it says, "Along with any Commissairs asigned to the detachment, but I cant find any refference on the list.

There are also some rules I have found refference about, like dropping below 50% of total armour, but again, find no reference on the PDF file that i downloaded from the GW site.

So need help to make it official
Old 22 Apr 2006, 23:44   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

I've seen a few commissar tanks... perhaps its a seperate unit that accompanies the company?

Anyways, the rule for Vanquisher is they are a Leman Russ with AT shells automatticlly installed. This should be legal telling you that because GW released rules for it anyways. If not, someone PM me and I'll remove it pronto.

Good luck!
Stankov

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Closed Thread