Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Kendalian 6th, 2000pts deathworld list (Warning - extremly explosive!)
Closed Thread
Old 19 Apr 2006, 08:13   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Kendalian 6th, 2000pts deathworld list (Warning - extremly explosive!)

[size=12pt]6th Kendalian Deathworld. Demolitions and Explosives. Ground Unit.[/size]
(uses codex: Catachans )

Themes
-Urbanised warfare within the run down and destroyed cities that used to cover the planets in the Kendali System has made them experts at fighting with confined spaces, as such all rules attaining to jungle fighting are converted for use in urbanised areas and buildings.

-Highly explosive!

Changes
-Deathworld rules now apply to buildings and urbanised areas instead of jungles.

HQ
Colonel
-Bolter
-Power weapon
-Macharian cross
-Demolition charge
-Frag grenades
87pts
4 Deathworld veterans
- Mortar team w/ lasguns
- 2x Grenade launcher
- Frag grenades
67pts

Elites
Assault squad A
Vet. Sergeant
-Shotgun
-CC weapon
-Demolition charge
31pts
6 Deathworld Veterans
-3x Demolition Charges
-3x Shotguns
90pts

Assault squad B
Vet. Sergeant
-Shotgun
-CC weapon
-Demolition charge
31pts
6 Deathworld Veterans
-3x Demolition Charges
-3x Shotguns
90pts

Assault squad C
Vet. Sergeant
-Shotgun
-CC weapon
-Demolition charge
31pts
6 Deathworld Veterans
-3x Demolition Charges
-3x Shotguns
90pts

Troops
Platoon A Command
Lieutenant
-Power weapon
-Bolter
-Honorifica imperialis
51pts

Platoon A Section A
Vet. Sergeant
-Bolter
-CC weapon
-Demolition charge
33pts
9 Veterans
- 1x Grenade launcher
- 8x lasguns
- Frag grenades
103pts

Platoon A Section B
Vet. Sergeant
-Bolter
-CC weapon
-Demolition charge
-Frag grenades
33pts
9 Veterans
- 1x Grenade launcher
- 8x lasguns
-Frag grenades
103pts

Platoon B Command
Captain
-Power weapon
-Bolter
41pts

Platoon B Section A
Vet. Sergeant
-Bolter
-CC weapon
-Demolition charge
32pts
9 Veterans
- 1x Grenade launcher
- 8x lasguns
94pts

Platoon B Section B
Vet. Sergeant
-Bolter
-CC weapon
-Demolition charge
32pts
9 Veterans
- 1x Grenade launcher
- 8x lasguns
94pts

Platoon C Command
Captain
-Power weapon
-Bolter
41pts

Platoon C Section A
Vet. Sergeant
-Bolter
-CC weapon
22pts
9 Veterans
- 1x Grenade launcher
- 1x Missile launcher
- 7x lasguns
105pts

Platoon C Section B
Vet. Sergeant
-Bolter
-CC weapon
22pts
9 Veterans
- 1x Grenade launcher
- 1x Missile launcher
- 7x lasguns
105pts

Platoon C Section C
Vet. Sergeant
-Bolter
-CC weapon
22pts
9 Veterans
- 1x Grenade launcher
- 1x Missile launcher
- 7x lasguns
105pts

Heavy Support
Mortar section A
6 Deathworld veterans
-3x mortars
-6x lasguns
174pts

Mortar section B
6 Deathworld veterans
-3x mortars
-6x lasguns
174pts

Mortar section C
6 Deathworld veterans
-3x mortars
-6x lasguns
174pts

TOTAL- 2000pts

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Back ground
The Kendalian 6th are a hard bitten regiment, recruited from the Kendali system. They're ultimate love is anything that goes boom, from the simple frag grenade to an orbital defence platform. For a short period the 6th (along with the others recruited from the system, but they stayed on for a longer period) served under the Lord Castallian himself until he sent them on a mission they knew, they would not return from. They deserted their post under his command under the pre-tense they had been killed off on the mission they're men never went on.

The planets in the Kendalian system are about as inhospitable as the the rear end of a carnifex. For a human to live past the age of about 6 or 7 is a major acheivement within it's self. upon the planets used to stand great citadels, monuments to the emporer and other glorious arcitectural wonders. Then the hoards of the Black legion plunged the Kendali system into the black abyss, wreaking havoc upon the planets. They drove off the hoards of chaos spawn and tried to rebuild their civilisations upon the 14 conquered planets they had left.
Those planets turned into barren hell holes. Volcanic activity sprung up on some, others turned into icey tundras others yet lost all signs of life from their surfaces and became desolate deserts. Those that had life within them soon became a case of survival for the races of life living there. These races soon became aclimtised and began to survive against all odds.

The men and women of the Kendaians are so hardened from their upbringings on these violent and barly hospitable planets the Imperium saw hope for them. It took them under their wings and trained them, equiped them and sent them to war.

Other regiments within the Kendalians include an Orbital Defence Group, PDF troopers (training regiment), Patrol sections, The main battle force and a Gurilla strike force. In total over 8 billion men serve with the Kendalians, All of them born and bred from their home system.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Tactics

-With this being a very unpredictable force due to the extreme likly hood of demo charges going where they are not supposed to, the Kendalian 6th are a challenge greater then sending a baby to kill a Blood Thirster.

-With the likly hood of death from own weapons keep the models with demolition charges spread out and as far away from the main squad as possible until they are used. Once used kill things as per normal.

-The Missile launcher squads will sit tight and fire away at any armour or more more heavily armoured troops such as terminators.

-The Platoon Commanders will roam freely around the board acting as diversions and cannon fodder.

-The assault squads when able to do so, will infiltrate and start ravaging the enemy from there. If not... run them up the flanks and throw one demo charge a turn when possible.

-The mortar teams will set up in thick terrain or behind terrain along with the command squad.

C & C Welcome (more like nessesary)... i made this just for the fun of it but it looks like a list i might purchase when i get the money for it.
Old 19 Apr 2006, 08:20   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Kendalian 6th, 2000pts deathworld list (Warning - extremly explosive!)

It seems we have an outbreak of faecextractexplosiphelia... the love of blowing the shit out of people with big bombs.

I like this list, I'd love to see what happens when you run up against a Marine player...

"Don't worry, he has no Ordnance! Wait, what's that? Oh my God! No!!!"

:funny:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 19 Apr 2006, 13:00   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX
Default Re: Kendalian 6th, 2000pts deathworld list (Warning - extremly explosive!)

JD,

That's a lot of boom. Let's take a few looks at things though:

Quote:
HQ
Colonel
-Bolter
-Power weapon
-Macharian cross
-Demolition charge
-Frag grenades
87pts
4 Deathworld veterans
- Mortar team w/ lasguns
- 2x Grenade launcher
- Frag grenades
67pts
I like this over all, but, the problem is if you throw a Demolition charge, you may not assault (it is ordnance, and a unit using ordnance may never assault). Next up, the mortar team is heavy, so again, no assaulting if that thing is fired. The grenade launchers look in cue though. So a few things come to mind here for me: we have two weapons which prevent assault if used, and then we have frag grenades, which only work if you initiate assault. I would rework this squad to be better suited to one thing, to allow them to move more often, or increase their stationary fire power. If you're firing the mortar, you're probably not using the charge or the two grenades for example.

Quote:
Assault squad A B & C
Vet. Sergeant
-Shotgun
-CC weapon
-Demolition charge
31pts
6 Deathworld Veterans
-3x Demolition Charges
-3x Shotguns
90pts
That's a lot of boom. Well, they cannot assault after throwing their bombs, but you do have 4 bombs here. The problem is, if you land two of them even half decently, whatever was there is probably going to die. Having 4 sweetens the deal, but also pretty much gives you your chance to blow up with them pretty exclusively. I'd probably go down to 2 charges for the squad.

Quote:
Troops
Platoon A Command
Lieutenant
-Power weapon
-Bolter
-Honorifica imperialis
51pts
Just a note - bolters are rapidfire and prevent assault. If that's what he was meant to do, it may impede him. Maybe a pistol would be more ideal for the extra attack as well?

Quote:
Platoon A Section A & B
Vet. Sergeant
-Bolter
-CC weapon
-Demolition charge
33pts
9 Veterans
- 1x Grenade launcher
- 8x lasguns
- Frag grenades
103pts
Looks good to me, but the frag grenades aren't useful if you cannot perform assault (which is what your demo charge prevents you from doing).

Quote:
Platoon C Section A ~ C
Vet. Sergeant
-Bolter
-CC weapon
22pts
9 Veterans
- 1x Grenade launcher
- 1x Missile launcher
- 7x lasguns
105pts
These guys are good support; but I'd probably not dedicate 10 models to the missile launcher. I'd probably go down to 6 to 8 models for small support teams like this. My reasoning is because they're BS3, will only hit half the time, and they're dead if they're shot at anyways, so no need to lock up bodies who could be out fighting elseware perhaps.

Quote:
Heavy Support
Mortar section A ~ C
6 Deathworld veterans
-3x mortars
-6x lasguns
174pts
Love mortars. Especially droves of 9. "Bip bip bip bip" * Pinning test please. * Very cool, and relatively cheap.

--- Overall, I'd probably tone down the charges just a tad. They're really cool, but 4 in a squad may not do more than 2 in a squad for example and every bit you can save may equate to yet another squad somewhere else fully kitted in the end.

Otherwise - Very cool!

Cheers!
Old 19 Apr 2006, 13:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

The Frags are there in case i don't use the charge, or have none left (by that i will probly have no squad left either but we will see).

Also i find 10 man teams protecting the missile launcher help greatly... it's harder to take out 10 men then 6 if your after that missile launcher.

I probly will chage the bolters to bolt pistols.

Over all thanks for your help Mal... Anyone else got somthing to add?
Old 19 Apr 2006, 14:30   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

may i suggest adding some meltas? you entire AT consists of a trio of missile launchers, which at 2000 pts isn't all that much. especially since your guys can only see 12" anyways(most of the time) the melta would be much better suited. i guess you could use the demo-charges, but ordnance really isn't very good at tank busting.

Old 19 Apr 2006, 15:14   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Yep I'd go with some meltas in there too, although are these guys loyalist deserters or downright traitors. You failed to make it clear whether they have turned to chaos after deserting or not
Old 19 Apr 2006, 15:25   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

lotsa BOOM! I like! can you really take that many demo charges??

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Tauroc/Si..._berserker.gif
Old 19 Apr 2006, 18:14   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Man! I thought I had boom!

Anyways, I suggest stripping down all teh demo squads. Essentially, make them suicide squads. With 4, I think they are going to die by themselves, so...

The frag grenades, while cheap, may as well go, because all though they will most likely get into assault, they probably won't be initiating it. But they are only 1 point a peice, so, I guess...

The fire support element looks good.

I would personally scrap the mortar in the HQ, and just go for 4 meltas, or a melta/flamer mix. You'll be seeing some crazy tough stuff at close range that will most likely knock out your counter-assault element in a heartbeat with out some nice cookers.

Otehr than that, delisciously massive and extraordinarily explosive- a job well done!
Stankov

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 19 Apr 2006, 22:49   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elessar
may i suggest adding some meltas? you entire AT consists of a trio of missile launchers, which at 2000 pts isn't all that much. especially since your guys can only see 12" anyways(most of the time) the melta would be much better suited. i guess you could use the demo-charges, but ordnance really isn't very good at tank busting.
These guys are unrbanised, not jungle so the 12" does not apply as such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer Tyross
Yep I'd go with some meltas in there too, although are these guys loyalist deserters or downright traitors. You failed to make it clear whether they have turned to chaos after deserting or not
They are more loyalist deserters. They have re-joined with the now independant regiments of Kendali.

As for Meltas? you know that a demo charge can take out maybe two tanks if they are close enough in the city streets right?
Old 20 Apr 2006, 15:57   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

But remember, if its a blast template, the center hoel must be on the tank, or its half strength. The way they scatter, I don't see that happenening too often.

Stankov

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Closed Thread