Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Help choose models for Stankov!
Closed Thread
Old 18 Apr 2006, 22:19   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Help choose models for Stankov!

You're probably thinking this belongs in the Enclave. Well, you're wrong! [I hope...]

Anyways, on topic...

You see, I have about 40 USD to spend, the rest of my 300 USD cashbox is for personal savings. I need some suggestions on what to buy in the guard... dependant on a few things.

1. Model looks: This is the most important. I buy cool looking models. I only lose once or twice out of 50 odd games, so I'm not worried about tactical situations. I just want some cool looking models.
2. Tactical use: Although I need not worry, I probably will use them a lot. I need units that look cool, but play pretty good too.

I was thinking of some Kasrkin, but then I contemplated the old stormtroopers. I've always loved the models, but these new Kasrkin look pretty bumpin'.

I'd like to stay away from tanks if I can... I just bought a Leman Russ and converted it to an Exterminator last week, so I'm good on tanks for the time being. I'd like a Chimera, but I am undecided.

Using your knowledge of teh Guard, help a brutha out!

Stankov

PS: I'm listening to NWA, so excuse my language
PPS: If this really does belong in the Enclave, I'm real sorry, but I wouldn't have expected it to...

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 18 Apr 2006, 22:26   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Re: Help choose models for Stankov!

Well if your after sotrm troopers purchase a box of plastic scouts and a convert them up with spare guard heads and weapons (you'll probly need to make hell guns). They look effective and are a unique touch.

Vallhallen models always looked cool...

Get the chimera and if you decide not to use it then keep it for later.

Sentinels perhaps?

If you can get your hands on forgeworld gear have a look through there too...
Old 18 Apr 2006, 22:42   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Hey bud,

It would probably help a lot to let us know what you already have.
Otherwise, you may get redundant suggestions that are already filled.

As for me, I'm biased, but here's my suggestions:

** Rough Riders (do not buy the actual models; get various models for converting). Ie: Get Chaos Hounds or perhaps Cold One Lizards, and convert Guardsmen to ride them for Rough Riders. Too cool.

** Sentinels with Autocannons. Enough said there really.

** Ally time! If you want cool models, the Daemonhunters & Witch Hunters await you: Inquisitors, Assassins, Knights & Angels. It just doesn't get more gothic and 40k in my opinion!

Cheers!

Old 18 Apr 2006, 22:47   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

either something said already, but why not buy some pure valhallan squads off of e-bay? That's what I would do...

or head to forgeworld and buy a Thunderbolt. (note: this requires taking money out of personal savings.... oh well!)
Old 19 Apr 2006, 17:38   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Hmm... thanks for the suggestions, all!

Mal: This is what I have:

Plenty of Cadians, but I can deal with more

1 converted Vanquisher
1 converted Exterminator
1 Demolisher
1 Leman Russ
1 Basilisk
1 Griffon
1 Chimera

3 command squads made of Valhallans
4 commissars
3 Pyskers

2 Veteran Squads made of Steel Legion troopers

I was thinking of either more Cadians, or a Stormtrooper squad. On reflection, some sentinels would be great, but I'm afraid for one model, thats a little too much cash money. Rough Riders sound good, and I have converted a Sergeant already, but the money may be too great.

Any thoughts on grabbing a few blisters? I had my eyes on

1 Imperial Preist/ Missionary {whichever my store has more selection of}
1 Cadian Heavy Weapons team
1 Deamonhunters Inquisitor [Inquisitor Altarus, see link in Siggie]
Green Stuff and Paint

Thoughts?

Stankov

PS: I went on FW today, but I could'nt find much. Maybe later, when I can buy a complete Vanquisher and replace my old one [you know, with teh index card barrel ]

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 19 Apr 2006, 17:52   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

maybe you could save it and buy some new vostroyans. or just buy valhallan infantry, you do like them alot(from what i can tell) rough riders are only a 5 each, or even cheaper if you buy fantasy models. maybe some ratlings, or stormtroopers.

P.S. grats on the promotion general.

Old 19 Apr 2006, 18:02   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Hmm... it seems Kasrkins are the way to go.

Valhallans come later when I get a real, solid job [hopefully at teh hobby store! Hello, employee discount!]

Thanks for the suggestions, I haven't officially made my mind up, so keep it comin'!

Stankov

PS: No promotion, unfortunatley. The TO Campaign is pretty much dead, so my moniker adapted from my position of XO of IG has been terminated. Back to Generalissimo Arkadia Vladimir Stankov, Commander of teh 822nd Valhallan/Minsk battlegroup [I can't stop typing that title! I love it!]

Old 19 Apr 2006, 18:08   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well...

FW have stuff on the way... maybe save some for them?
Old 19 Apr 2006, 18:15   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

I've seen them, and while I really love the models, they will be purchased at a later date. In the future, I had already planned a trench army coming in around 2000 points, and those models are perfect, but not yet...

Thanks, though!
Stankov

Old 19 Apr 2006, 18:37   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Kais

I say Kasrkin all the way. im going to get annother 20 of em when I have cash from my birthday. Take the grenadiers doctrine and take em as troops .

-Kais

>>Latest Sig<<
Closed Thread