Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Guard Regiment!!!!
Closed Thread
Old 15 Nov 2004, 17:43   #1 (permalink)
VogenCommander

Default Guard Regiment!!!!

Hi! I'm modelling a completely new guard regiment known as the Vogen Respitory Guard.

They are higly trained and use the following doctrines:
Storm troopers
Special weapons squads
Heavy weapon platoons
Independent Commissars
Mechanised (maybe)

I'm going to base them on Cadians and Kaskrin models

What do you think????

Old 15 Nov 2004, 20:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Brother-Captain
Default Re: Guard Regiment!!!!

That seems like a straightforward 'line 'em up and shoot 'em down' army. I'd say ditch the lighty infantry and take Mechanised, or keep that and switch the Independant commisars for mechanised (that is unless you have a truely cunning strategy that requires the Commisars to move about a lot.

"Death is but a passing into a new existance, Heresy is the only true form of death, as it leads to damnation." -Attributed to Cheif Librarian Varcus

If you feel like striking up a good conversation, Warhammer related or otherwise, contact me on my AIM name (Specter Zerus)
Old 15 Nov 2004, 20:30   #3 (permalink)
VogenCommander

Edited, though I may not get Mechanised as It will be very expensive!!!
:P

Old 16 Nov 2004, 03:50   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

True, I would suggest working to it over time, just like people who play armored company do. I don't know many people who go out and buy a 1,500 point mechanized infantry army in one day after all.

"Death is but a passing into a new existance, Heresy is the only true form of death, as it leads to damnation." -Attributed to Cheif Librarian Varcus

If you feel like striking up a good conversation, Warhammer related or otherwise, contact me on my AIM name (Specter Zerus)
Old 16 Nov 2004, 08:21   #5 (permalink)
VogenCommander

I thought about it and I'm prob going to go for something based on the Harakoni warhawks or a entire drop troop force of stormtroopers

Old 16 Nov 2004, 08:36   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Unless you're a guard veteran, playing all Drop-Troops will just get you killed... so don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 16 Nov 2004, 12:49   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Drop troops are an interesting army, as you have the possibility that half of your army will fall into difficult terrain and get killed. But, unlike Wargammer, I suggest this, if you want to, you should. But expect to get torn apart several times in the begining, try to find a friend that is creating a new army or just starting out so that they won't completely dominate you and make you hate playing. (I know it happened to me when I was younger and I tried to play Imperial Guard origionally) If your up against a Novice player you'll be able to get a feel for what your doing with your drop troops, as they take a LOT to get used to, I would suggest maybe building a normal Guard army first, geared to fight up close, get used to that and then make them into Drop Troops.

Old 16 Nov 2004, 13:09   #8 (permalink)
VogenCommander

well what shud i do then???

Old 16 Nov 2004, 13:22   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well, like I said, if you want to take some time to learn just how to play a drop troops army then do so, but it would be simpler to make a standard Guard army and then later start adding in drop elements.

Old 16 Nov 2004, 16:57   #10 (permalink)
VogenCommander

Nice Idea but I think if I go for a Storm Trooper (entirerly) based force or base my Harakoni Warhawks on the Kaskrin I should do great, I.E. drop troop a special weapon team+command squad and i'll get 4 close range melta shots, Cook'em!

+++++++++++Transmission Starts++++++++++++++
Hello Commander, the situation on Armageddon is reaching critical..............................
+++++++++++Transmission Interupted+++++++++++++
Commander! The Orks under warboss gorg have been on the offensive...... No!!!!!!! no!!!!!!!!! dont!
You hear a gunshot
+++++++++++Transmission Ends+++++++++++++

Closed Thread