Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

Few Guard Questions
Closed Thread
Old 11 Apr 2006, 10:18   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,253
Send a message via MSN to Aun’o Tash’var Shin’jin
Default Few Guard Questions

Would it be feasible for a few veteran guardsmen to fire their flamers out of the side or rear ports of a Valkyrie to create a firestorm? Would this tactic actually be used.

Also why can't Sentinels have Heavy Bolters? In the 40k universe someone has to have thought "why don't we put this high RoF weapon on this sentinel?".

How does a Hellhound work? Is the Inferno Cannon operated with compressed gas of some sort, or pump?

Are the Guard actually s'posed to know how their tech work? Even Space Marines seem to have no clue whatsoever to how their weapons or power Armour work, and have to have techmarines to fix them. So Guard are s'posed to be worse off than that?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloh´Ta
Edit by FT: Corrected your grammar and made it easier to read.
Eidt by JD: I dunno how you managed to read it after the changes FT
Edit by AC: JD you've spelt edit incorrectly...
Edit by WG: I just wanted to be part of the moment. :P
Aun’o Tash’var Shin’jin is offline  
Old 11 Apr 2006, 10:25   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ballarat-Victoria-Australia
Posts: 907
Default Re: Few Guard Questions

some of the guard might have a slight clue, after all we all know how laser pointers work, but some might have been machanics before being drafted into their regiments!!
__________________
All time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so

Turning and Turning in the widening gyre, the falcon cannot hear the falconer; Things fall apart; The centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world.
W.B. Yeates
The Second Coming

Thanks to Drobot for the sig
Inquisitor Walsy is offline  
Old 11 Apr 2006, 10:56   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,246
Default Re: Few Guard Questions

For hellhounds, it shoots a string of fuel, and when it hits the ground or a person, it opens up.

(The fuel is already alight)

So keep your artillery off the hellhounds!

A multilaser has a high RoF.
__________________
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit.
-Will Durant
Aftercresent is offline  
Old 11 Apr 2006, 11:04   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 8,901
Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Re: Few Guard Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ??˘??
Would it be feasible for a few veteran guardsmen to fire their flamers out of the side or rear ports of a Valkyrie to create a firestorm? Would this tactic actually be used.

Also why can't Sentinels have Heavy Bolters? In the 40k universe someone has to have thought "why don't we put this high RoF weapon on this sentinel?".

How does a Hellhound work? Is the Inferno Cannon operated with compressed gas of some sort, or pump?

Are the Guard actually s'posed to know how their tech work? Even Space Marines seem to have no clue whatsoever to how their weapons or power Armour work, and have to have techmarines to fix them. So Guard are s'posed to be worse off than that?
Q.1- I don't see why not... seems like a good idea. I dont use flyers myself but if you can shootout the side then i cannot see why it would not be viable.

Q.2- It is... Melta's, Heavy bolters and missile launchers are employed by some regiments. There are rules for using them. one WD issue has it in there somewhere.

Q.3- As AfterCresent said

Q.4- There are enlisted mechanics in a guard army... the Tech Preists for instance. other, more un-advanced regiments have actual guardsmen as 'techies'... who know the tools of the trade as well as a tech preist but without all the religiousy stuff
__________________
Jeff is offline  
Old 11 Apr 2006, 12:14   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 414
Send a message via MSN to charn
Default Re: Few Guard Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ??˘??
Also why can't Sentinels have Heavy Bolters? In the 40k universe someone has to have thought "why don't we put this high RoF weapon on this sentinel?".
Rules for Sentinels with Heavy Bolters, Multi-meltas and Missile Launchers can be found in the IA Volume III Taros Campaign book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ??
Q.4- There are enlisted mechanics in a guard army... the Tech Preists for instance. other, more un-advanced regiments have actual guardsmen as 'techies'... who know the tools of the trade as well as a tech preist but without all the religiousy stuff
Do these guys actually know how and why their tech works? Are they not simply trained that if Problem A occurs with this machine, then you can do certain things to fix it, but they have no idea why it fixes it, or have no knowledge about what they are actually doing?
charn is offline  
Old 11 Apr 2006, 12:33   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: ft benning
Posts: 2,054
Send a message via AIM to wonderboy
Default Re: Few Guard Questions

1 i dont think so.... at the max, the templates would hardly create a storm...

2why do you need a heavy bolter when you can use a more powerful multi lazer?

3 its a liquid, so i assume its a pump. think fire truck.

4 they dont need to know how it works, just that it does.
__________________
yes, that is me in the pic.
this be the awesome sig that kais made me...

2000 points
1500 points
my army lists.
wonderboy is offline  
Old 11 Apr 2006, 12:46   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 414
Send a message via MSN to charn
Default Re: Few Guard Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorcyca (formerly fingolfin)
2why do you need a heavy bolter when you can use a more powerful multi lazer?
Lots of reasons. The heavy bolter sentinel is cheaper than the multi-laser sentinel. Also, multi-lasers may have a higher strength, but heavy bolters have a lower AP - better for taking out things like fire warriors.
charn is offline  
Old 11 Apr 2006, 13:06   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,253
Send a message via MSN to Aun’o Tash’var Shin’jin
Default Re: Few Guard Questions

Ok there was a reason why this was put in 40k universe and not on this board. I'm not talking rules at all here people...

I'm talking Fluff, not rules. so hmmm...

thankyou all for your comments, they're helpful for rules wise (especially that I can now buy the Taros Book and know there's something useful in it for me.)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloh´Ta
Edit by FT: Corrected your grammar and made it easier to read.
Eidt by JD: I dunno how you managed to read it after the changes FT
Edit by AC: JD you've spelt edit incorrectly...
Edit by WG: I just wanted to be part of the moment. :P
Aun’o Tash’var Shin’jin is offline  
Old 11 Apr 2006, 18:34   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Home
Posts: 1,492
Default Re: Few Guard Questions

I'd like to see a heavy sentinel...AV11 on the front, slow and purposeful, and an assault cannon!
__________________
Due to an error in translation, the isolated colony of T'ves'kal'dai mistakenly worshiped the greater goose for seven generations. Reeducation efforts continue.

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
march10k is offline  
Old 11 Apr 2006, 20:42   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 551
Default Re: Few Guard Questions

lol everybody wants an assault cannon! and the really old (fraggin' ugly) sentinels had them! everybody gets stuff added to their codex, we just get stuff taken away! oh the humanity! oh yea why slow and purposeful? thats a infantry ability, and walkers get to shoot their suns when they move anyhow.
__________________
"Recite the Litany of Stealth to decrease your chances of being heard."
-Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Tauroc/Si..._berserker.gif
HailTheRuss is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Some Imperial Guard Questions Lord Zambia Imperial Guard 1 11 Mar 2010 03:55
tyrant guard questions skippy35671 Tyranids 11 23 Jun 2009 22:19
So yeah a few questions regarding the guard minor tau marc Imperial Guard 5 04 May 2009 14:44
Help with starting guard, plus questions sarnas Imperial Guard 12 09 Jul 2007 03:36
Raven Guard Questions Vinnie Space Marines 3 25 Jan 2006 01:09