Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Rodeir 'Red Caps' 3rd Armoured Battlegroup [1000pt AB]
Closed Thread
Old 09 Apr 2006, 05:45   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Rodeir 'Red Caps' 3rd Armoured Battlegroup [1000pt AB]

Rodier is a small, mild-but-snow-covered planet on the fringes of Imperial space. The regiments reared on this world show a preferance for lightly armed and fast armoured spearheads, while their infantry are known for their pyromaniacal tendancies - their bright red helmets, aside from providing their nickname, is a striking sight on the battlefield - one preceded by grinding treads and blazing guns!

HQ:
Armoured Fist Command:
Salamander w/ Heavy Bolter, Heavy Flamer, Armoured Crew Compartment, Smoke Launchers, HK Missile -133pts

Elites:
Armoured Fist Platoon Command:
Command Squad w/ Vox, Medic, Grenade Launcher, Mortar - 63pts
Chimera w/ Autocannon, Heavy Flamer, Smoke Launchers, HK Missile - 103pts

Squadron Command Tank:
Vanquisher w/ 3 Heavy Bolters, Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers, HK Missile - 208pts

Troops:
Tank: Conquerer w/ 3 Heavy Bolters, Smoke Launchers, HK Missile - 173pts

Armoured Fist:
Armoured Fist w/ Grenade Launcher, Mortar, Veteran Sergeant, Vox - 87pts
Chimera w/ Autocannon, Heavy Flamer, Smoke Launchers, HK Missile - 103pts

Heavy Support:
Seige Tank:
Hellhound w/ Smoke Launchers, HK Missile - 128pts
Old 09 Apr 2006, 16:17   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Rodeir 'Red Caps' 3rd Armoured Battlegroup [1000pt AB]

The first thing I notice about this list is the theme...
...vey nice.

All I can say is it seems a little bit small to me, but then again it's just 1000 pts. 6 HK missiles (1 per turn, or what?) is alot, but is there a tactic around it? Often there is.

I don't really like the mortar on the Armored Fist Command, I'd rather have an autocannon, but you don't really have the points. Too bad. If you wanted stronger "pyromaniac" theme, switch out the grenade launchers (in both fist squads) and give them flamers. That should clear out I think like 4 pts, which wold allow you to get a heavy bolter. On that tank you would have 11 shots at 24-48" of range, and you would have 14 if you made the heavy flamer a heavy bolter. I'm not encouraging you to do that, though, because it's not in keeping with your main theme.
Old 09 Apr 2006, 16:24   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Rodeir 'Red Caps' 3rd Armoured Battlegroup [1000pt AB]

Quote:
The first thing I notice about this list is the theme...
...vey nice.
Thanks - I actually got the inspiration, if you can believe, from a hat - at a recent robotics competion, a team was handing out bright red toques for their sponsors, and when I was outdoors the other day there was some snow on the ground, and I thought of a light armoured regiment, sprinting and firing indirect weapons (like mortars and GLs) behind a screen of fire... random I know, but I went with it :P.

The HK Missiles are actually to give me some heavy anti-tank other than the lone Vanquisher.

I'm actually considering exchanging the Vanquisher for a Demolisher - lacking a single AP2 weapon, and not having that much dakka, could spell doom against Broadsides or Terminators.
Closed Thread