Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Bring the tanks!! a 1750 pts mech guard army, for GT in NL
Closed Thread
Old 04 Apr 2006, 15:55   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Bring the tanks!! a 1750 pts mech guard army, for GT in NL

whoohoo I love tanks and to go further I want to expand my 1000 pts mech guard army to a stagering 1750 pts, just enough for the next dutch GT. Here it goes, all in a chimera and no special units.

61st Vestan Regiment

Doctrines:
Mechanized- duh
Iron discipline- This is almost mandatory for guard regiments, but according to my fluff all the officers are recruted from nobles and thus have a certain arrogance to them and command almost absolute respect.

HQ
-Command squad
Junior officer with power sword, bolt pistol, iron discipline and honourifica imperialis
Standard bearer
3 guardsmen with lasguns

Chimera transport with autocannon, heavy bolter

-Sentinel with lascannon

Troops
--Platoon 1
-Command squad
Lt with chainsword, bolt pistol and iron discipline
Plasma gunner
3 guardsmen with lasguns

Chimera with autocannon and heavy bolter

-3x Infantry squads with grenade launcher and Lascannon

3x Chimera with twin-linked heavy bolter and heavy bolter

-Armoured fist squad with grenade launcher and Lascannon

Chimera with twin-linked heavy bolter and heavy bolter

Fast attack
-Hellhound with inferno cannon, heavy bolter and dozer blades (RTM)

-Hellhound with inferno cannon, heavy bolter and dozer blades (RTM)

-Sentinel with lascannon

Heavy support
-Leman russ battle tank with 3x heavy bolters, battle cannon and Improved comms (20)

-Leman russ demolisher with heavy bolter side sponsons, hull mounted heavy bolter, demolisher cannon and dozer blades (RTM)

Total Points: 1750

Well it's clear how this army works. The tanks (a staggering 10) will do all the anti-infantry work, while my infantry and sentinels will worry about the tanks. I intend to keep my tanks on the move, using as much cover as possible (but I'm afraid I own't have enough room :P). Hope you guys like it (although wargamer will probably once again be pissed off with a list like this )

Greetz,
Alexander

"With all those big and shiny guns, it sure impresses ya when you're fighting them, but in the end it's the Imperium who is victorious"-Colonel Iskandor Craitz about the Tau

"This Craitz figure is a intresting human, he is loyal to his fractioning Imperium, but still he has honour that other humans lack. It will be a shame killing him"- Shas'O M'Yen Mesme

Armies:
Imperial Guard mech force: 1500 pts (work in progress)
Imperial Guard Infantry: 1000 pts
Tau: 1500 pts
Necrons: 2000 Pts
Old 04 Apr 2006, 16:11   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Bring the tanks!! a 1750 pts mech guard army, for GT in NL

I think you are rather light on actual scoring units and infantry. From my count you have only 50 infantry models in your army. At T 3 Armor 5 they won't stand up long to anything. Even with the tanks only 2 of them are really tanks. The Chimeras and hellhounds are only light armor. Since most tournies and players are Smurf Dominated I think you will have a hard time in any game as their 3+ armor will give them a save to everything but the battle cannons and the standard las/plas tac squad combos will be able to blow up a couple tanks a turn.

With Tau and the new equipment rules their anti-tank fire power will be more then enough to deal with the armor you have.

Against horde armies that have to get to CC you should do quite well but against any power armor/anti-tank army I think you are in trouble. With such few models you could lose the game simply by objective VP points
Old 04 Apr 2006, 17:59   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Well, the first thing for these mech companies that you need to remember is that the tanks kill the infantry and the infantry kill the tanks. The Multilaser and HB on the chimeras are more than a match for most Infantry, but will do nothing to a tank. Give ALL the infantry squads a Plasma gun AND a Lascannon.

The sentinels IMHO are not worth it on this list. Also you may drop one of the Hellhound for more infantry. The points freed up must go to lascannons and plasma.

Chimeras Forever!
Old 04 Apr 2006, 20:35   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Could you please tell me more about the dutch GT, thanks.
Closed Thread