Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Allied Rules
Closed Thread
Old 02 Apr 2006, 18:11   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Allied Rules

I have heard people speak of allied rules. Where can I find these rules? Under which circumstances can I expect to be able to play with them?
Old 02 Apr 2006, 18:23   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Allied Rules

The WH and DH codex talks about IG choosing WH & DH as allies.
Old 02 Apr 2006, 18:28   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

What about in games where two players play and one is space marines and one is IG and they are on the same team?
Old 02 Apr 2006, 18:30   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Then, you usually work it out.

If you're playing a max 2000 point army per side, then if you have two players per team...each player takes 1000 points.

1000+1000=2000

2000 points vs 2000 points

And then you make up a fluff reason why they're Allied.
Old 03 Apr 2006, 02:47   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I was reading the daemonhunter codex and realized that I can include a number of the daemonhunters in my IG army. Not using daemonhunters and inducting IG but using IG w/ daemonhunters. Have any of you used this? Can you do the same with the witch hunters? Imagine IG w/ a daemohost or a vindicare assasin... Joy...
Old 03 Apr 2006, 03:31   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffo
I was reading the daemonhunter codex and realized that I can include a number of the daemonhunters in my IG army. Not using daemonhunters and inducting IG but using IG w/ daemonhunters. Have any of you used this? Can you do the same with the witch hunters? Imagine IG w/ a daemohost or a vindicare assasin... Joy...
You can do that, yes. But you will note that you will need to bring along an Inquisitor in your army to be able to use said units. Which means, you are paying 20 - 40pts for a useless Inquisitor (unless you want to fork out points to arm him better, then he just becomes a point sink) and then further points for the Assasin or what have you.

I miss the old days when you could throw in an assasin without an Inquisitor, I would love to use my Vindicare assasin again.

Also, in regards to Allies, there are no offical rules as such for them, but there are special circumstances (such as using the Assasin etc...) and the only armies that have official rules for Allies are the Daemonhunters and Whitchunters codex (most likely, so will the Xenohunters codex). AfterCrecent explained the rest.
Old 03 Apr 2006, 03:49   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Doesn't 20 points seem almost worth having something that can stave of an assault? You could always take grey knights for assault and not have to waist 20 points.

The daemonhunter forum also talks about this.

Check out: http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...98687#msg98687
Old 03 Apr 2006, 17:34   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

In the WH codex there are also rules for using Witch hunter adversaries. This basically means that you can throw in a few traitor beasties. The rules also states that you can use these adversary allies against other armies as well, as long as your opponent gives thumbs up on it.
Old 04 Apr 2006, 15:59   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

You can do that, yes. But you will note that you will need to bring along an Inquisitor in your army to be able to use said units. Which means, you are paying 20 - 40pts for a useless Inquisitor (unless you want to fork out points to arm him better, then he just becomes a point sink) and then further points for the Assasin or what have you.
will the Xenohunters codex). AfterCrecent explained the rest.
[/quote]

Actually if you are taking WH or DH as allies you need to take an Inquisitor Lord. The reason being is that IG taking allies are only allowed 0-1 Elites, since the assassin counts as an elite choice you need to take the =I= as a HQ choice which means a Lord and retinue
Old 04 Apr 2006, 17:24   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

And you need to get what 4-6 henchmen to go with him? It's starting to get costly for an assassin or daemonhost at that point.
Closed Thread