Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Example of converting heavy weapons
Closed Thread
Old 28 Mar 2006, 02:05   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Example of converting heavy weapons

I have heard talk of people taking a box of three heavy weapons squads and converting them into 9. Since there are limited stands in the boxes, and the normal cadian troopers are not arranged to hold such weapons, I am having some trouble creatively imagining how to utilize all my pieces properly. Can someone provide a link or specific detailed example for this conversion?

Thanks.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 02:11   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default hope this helps,,,

Heres a two links to some pics...
http://ntlworld.photobox.co.uk/album/2239735
http://ntlworld.photobox.co.uk/share...&page=2&group=

They show heavy weapons made w/o using many peices... also they show how to convert legs to prone positions... Hope it helps!
Old 28 Mar 2006, 03:48   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw
Default Re: Example of converting heavy weapons

You can also do something like what I did to expand my weapons out. No conversion work beyond using a few extra parts from a standard troop box and a couple of bitz from a IG tank accessory sprue.

here's some pics, they are a bit yellow:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a4...eavyweapon.jpg
Old 28 Mar 2006, 11:36   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Try HERE

I wrote it...I can add somepictures and another way to make another team...

(It's from the single heavy weapon box...
Old 28 Mar 2006, 12:51   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

ok, making a single heavy weapon into 5. for this you need 3 normal guardsmen and a single heavy weapons box. the second member can be made from a separate guardsmen, which you can place on a normal base. this allows you to take him off when the team suffers a casualty:

The missile launcher gets mounted on a bogg standard guardsmen. great standing or lieing down like in the previous picture
The lascannon gets mounted on a tri-pod with a kneeling guardsmen manning it
the autocannon gets placed ontop of the sandbags you get with a kneeling guardsmen manning it
the heavy bolter is placed on the bi-pod, with a standing guardsman using it.
the mortar can be placed on the ground with a guardsman holding it upright or slung on his back, as if they where moving.

alternetivly you could mount the autocannon on the tripod and lascannon on the sandbag. or you could mount the heavy bolter on the sandbags, use the bi-pod for the mortar and have guardsmen carrying the auto/las cannon.

for this you need 3 normal guardsmen and a single heavy weapons box. the second memeber can be made from a separate guardsmen, which you can place on a normal base. this allows you to take him off when the team suffers a casualty.

Old 28 Mar 2006, 16:13   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

None of the weapons sit well on the sandbag you get...
Old 01 Apr 2006, 14:50   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

As a fool, I bought the cadian command squad. I decided to use the standard bearer, melta gun and I am going to convert the medic to a missile launcher troop. I plan on cutting off the medic kit and having him hold the missile launcher as if it had a handle on the top. I am going to convert the douche in his other hand to a rocket (from the mortar heavy weapons team).

Any thoughts or guidance on how to rip the metal pieces out of his hand effectively would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01 Apr 2006, 20:33   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterCresent
None of the weapons sit well on the sandbag you get...
i used the heavy bolter, i left the pin on the bottom. then i surrounded it with greenstuff to make it look like part of the sandbag. this way the bag gets extended to make it the right height for a kneeling guardsman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffo
As a fool, I bought the cadian command squad. I decided to use the standard bearer, melta gun and I am going to convert the medic to a missile launcher troop. I plan on cutting off the medic kit and having him hold the missile launcher as if it had a handle on the top. I am going to convert the douche in his other hand to a rocket (from the mortar heavy weapons team).
personally i'd leave him, i find medics very usefull. but thats just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffo
Any thoughts or guidance on how to rip the metal pieces out of his hand effectively would be greatly appreciated.
saws are best. clippers are the easiest but they tend to leave a sort of edge on the arm that you have to file off. it does't leave a flat surface if you know what i mean.

Old 01 Apr 2006, 20:37   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to wonderboy

i would like to remind you all i am currently working on a guide for this with pics. i am almost done.

2000 points
1500 points
my army lists.
Old 01 Apr 2006, 23:55   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Chton

For heavybolter I use the new space marine scout bits. The scots arms fits very good with guardsmen. And if you keep heavyweapons in infantrysquads, you dont need the big base. Rocketlaunchers are great at single standing guardsmen.
To measure up for the loaders, I make ammo-carriers. The hb ammo-carriers keeps boxes of ammo on his base and belts in his hands. For the rocketlaunchers I give an guardsman a regular backpack from the heavy weapon box, carving it a bit, and model two rockets from the heavyweapon sprue on it with greenstuff.
I love modelling IG. Tanks are fun ;D
Closed Thread