Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Army List - 77th Cadian Regiment Final Version (2000 Pts) Your thoughts welcome
Closed Thread
Old 26 Mar 2006, 18:33   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Army List - 77th Cadian Regiment Final Version (2000 Pts) Your thoughts welcome

Well I have completed my 2000 point IG army known as the 77th Cadian Regiment and will be entering it in a RTT this Saturday April 1, 2006 (April Fools Day) and thought I would post the finalized list.

Command Platoon

JO
-HI, PW, BP, Ref Field, ID doc

4x Guardsman
-Medic
-Grenade Launcher (x2)
-Master Vox

Commissar
-BP, PW, Ref Field

2x Anti-tank Squads
-Lascannons
-Sharpshooters

2x Mortar Squads

Infantry Platoon #1 & #2 (Equipped the same way)

Command Squad

1x JO
-Bp, CCW, ID doc

4x Guardsman
-Plasmagun (x2)
-Medic
-Vox Caster

Infantry Squads #1 to #4 (2 squads per platoon, same equipment)

1x Sergeant
-CCW, LP

9x Guardsman
-Lasguns
-Vox Caster
-Grenade Launcher

Armored Fist Squads #1 & #2 (Equipped the same)

1x Sergeant
-LP, CCW

9x Guardsman
-Lasguns
-Vox Caster
-Plasmagun

1x Chimera
-TL Heavy Bolter, Hull Heavy Bolter

Conscript Platoon

20x Guardsman
-Lasguns

Tanks

2x Hellhounds

2x Leman Russ Tanks
-Lascannon, Heavy Bolter Sponson

Total Points: 2000
Infantry Models: 120
Tanks: 6
Wargamer Test Score: -2 (i think)

I intend to use the AF and hell hounds as a flank force by advancing up the flanks and capture objectives, key terrain etc while the static Guard and Tanks form the fire line.

What do you guys think?
Old 28 Mar 2006, 13:52   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Army List - 77th Cadian Regiment Final Version (2000 Pts) Your thoughts welcome

I guess since no body has responded, you guys agree with the list and have no comments. Which is good cause you guys have been playing longer then me and as experienced gamers I figured if there was a problem model wise, cheese wise etc it would be mentioned. Thanks for the silent help and I guess it means I did a pretty good job building it and I will let you know how I do at the RTT.

You can delete this wargamer since there are no responses but I wanted to at least say thanks for the confidence that no one sees a problem with this army
Old 28 Mar 2006, 15:02   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq
Default Re: Army List - 77th Cadian Regiment Final Version (2000 Pts) Your thoughts welcome

I'd give your AF squads Plasma Guns so you can make max use of the rapid-fire rule when you disembark.

I'd also consider giving a few of your regular Infantry squads Melta's, they don't cost much more than a Grenade Launcher, still let you stay mobile but they give an extra punch against MEQ's and will come in handy against enemy armour [as you do only have 6 BS3 Lascannons].

Other than that I think the list is ok as it is.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 15:33   #4 (permalink)
Dom
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Dom

this is more of a query really. As I understand it, you need a normal infantry platoon per armoured fist squad and per conscript platoon. Now if I'm right, then you're list is illegal as it only has 2 infantry platoons and 3 "special" troops choices that require one normal infantry platoon per choice.

If I'm wrong, I'm sorry and I'll go re-read the codex. However there's a small gut feeling inside me that suggests I'm right.

Dom
Old 28 Mar 2006, 15:46   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Thanks Dom I didn't think of that and I went and reread the dex. The way it is worded and I interpret it is;

Each separate entry for Conscript or Armored Fist states you can take 1 for every normal platoon of infantry. It does not state you can take a conscript platoon OR a Armored Fist Squad per normal platoon of Infantry. Unless there is an Errata on the matter I think I am ok but you made a good point. Perhaps someone else knows more.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 16:00   #6 (permalink)
Dom
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Dom

Thats alright, although I'm pleased to say that I was wrong! lol, so no need to panic about having to change you're list. Was looking at the codex now and you're right, you can take 2 infantry platoons, 2 armoured fist squads and a conscript platoon!

Dom
Closed Thread