Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

HSO or JO
Closed Thread
Old 26 Mar 2006, 15:47   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default HSO or JO

Just curious to what people think. I am wondering if I should drop my HSO BP/PF officer for a JO, HI, BP/PW and take sharpshooters for my 2x Anti-tank squad. What do you guys think

Thanks wargamer it was a typo not an intentional mistake
Old 26 Mar 2006, 15:51   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: HSO or JSO

JSO? There is no such thing.

HSO = Heroic Senior Officer.

SO = Senior Officer.

JO = Junior Officer.

If you're going to use abbreviations, get them right. If you don't, we can't help you.

Putting an Honorifica on a HQ JO is normally only worth doing if you really need to save five points. I rarely find it worth doing.

Secondly, you should never take a Power Fist on an Officer.

Let me emphasise that; you should NEVER take a Power Fist on an Officer.

Your Officers are ICs. ICs can be singled out, and let's face it, 80% of units in 40K can quite happily pummel even a HSO into the dirt without much effort.

Fists belong on Commissars, who can make use of the squad as meat-shields.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 26 Mar 2006, 15:53   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: HSO or JSO

Although I hate the fact a Lietenent can lead a Battalion, yes, you should. Power fists on HSOs can be singled out, and he is always T[insert guardsmans T here].

A JO [not Junior Senior Officer ] will be a better pick because of the fact you can throw on sharpshooters to a single-shot weapon's team sqaud. Go for it.

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 26 Mar 2006, 17:53   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar
Default Re: HSO or JO

i have to disagree with stankov here. it'd be way to unfluffy haveing a JO comanding an entire company. unless you can come up with a really good reason(6 months in the trenches means all the Senior Officers have been popped by snipers or something like that). id go with an HSO with BP PW.

Old 26 Mar 2006, 18:06   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Terras Guard

Unless any of you is fielding 500+ men in a regular game, you're not fielding an entire company. An oversized platoon at most, something that normally led by a lieutenant.

But anyway, there isn't all that much difference between a JO with a Honorifica and an HSO, so I don't really see your dilemma.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 18:17   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra's Guard
Unless any of you is fielding 500+ men in a regular game, you're not fielding an entire company. An oversized platoon at most, something that normally led by a lieutenant.

But anyway, there isn't all that much difference between a JO with a Honorifica and an HSO, so I don't really see your dilemma.
in theory we are fielding a company, albeit a small one. id field a whole one but i dont have enough models. if it where merely a platoon all we'd have is a single command squad and btw 2 and 5 squads. no tanks, no heavy weapons, no anything interesting.

Old 26 Mar 2006, 18:34   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Terras Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elessar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra's Guard

in theory we are fielding a company, albeit a small one. id field a whole one but i dont have enough models. if it where merely a platoon all we'd have is a single command squad and btw 2 and 5 squads. no tanks, no heavy weapons, no anything interesting.
We're not fielding a company, we're just fielding a task force. The captain could be leading it himself or it could be led by one of his officers, a lieutenant or sergeant.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 19:03   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Meh, the Honorifica Junior Officer just seems a lil loophole-ish to me.
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Old 26 Mar 2006, 19:16   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

A JO with HI can be a young officer who took over command of a guard battalion, company etc that had its senior command killed. A battlefield promotion to Lt. Col due to casualties.

The HI is an award that can be won by ALL ranks, from Privates to Generals. Though rare it is possible for a young Lt to earn the award and those the rank and privledges that come with such award
Closed Thread