Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Vostroyan Platton Box Official
Closed Thread
Old 23 Mar 2006, 00:47   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Vostroyan Platton Box Official

Gamesworkshop got the platoon boc on preorder, its not a bad deal at all consider you get an entire platton including a command squad and heavy weapons.

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/s...104&GameNav=10

Old 27 Mar 2006, 22:55   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: Vostroyan Platton Box Official

I don`t care to pre-order an army that I have no codex for...I think it`s kind of shady on GW`s part to hide the codex details until after the preorder ships..unless they make some real changes to the capablities of the vostroyans they are just going to be a different style of model and there are more than enough of those already.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 22:59   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

i never liked these kinds of boxed sets. they force you to buy certain weaponry, making them useless to the vast majority of people. i for example dont use lascannons that much, i prefer missile launchers. so if i want to collect vostroyans im pretty screwed. same thing with the plasmas. id consider it if they said 2 heavy weapons, 6 special weapons. and then you get to choose what they are. plastic cadians aren't very good looking, but alteast you get versatility in their plastic spures.

Old 28 Mar 2006, 03:51   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

Looking at the info on tht page it looks like these guys are a limited run only. They are listing the number of boxes left. I assume this means they were only ever ment to be a limited edition thing. Would explain why they were all metal.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 19:17   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I don't think they are limited edition. They are just a pre-order. The steel legion troops are all metal and they aren't limited edition.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 19:35   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

They'd be really good for stormtroopers!
Old 28 Mar 2006, 20:16   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterCresent
They'd be really good for stormtroopers!
they look a bit primitive for stormtroopers to me. for me stromtroopers are like GSG-9 Sptesnaz or Sayeret Matkal. they drop in from a valkyrie, blow a wall, charge in, take out enemy command squad, plant bombs, get back into valkyrie, be back in time for medals and tea.

i doubt vostroyans are special edition. they never make an entire mini range limited edition, only single blisters. also the UK website doesn't have a counter.

Old 30 Mar 2006, 06:22   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr E.B. Slugworth
I don't think they are limited edition. They are just a pre-order. The steel legion troops are all metal and they aren't limited edition.
Steal legion didn't have boxes remaining count in thier description. They were also made at a time when the only plastic Guard reginment was Catachan so it wasn't so unsual at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elessar

i doubt vostroyans are special edition. they never make an entire mini range limited edition, only single blisters. also the UK website doesn't have a counter.
Quite true I see. tried to find it in every store and the US is the only one listing a limited number of boxes. Germany doesn't even seem to be getting them unless they really changed the name for some reason.
Old 30 Mar 2006, 15:05   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I see GW have once again made a boxed set filled with stuff I would consider junk for my army :P. Who uses mortars? these things are almost worthless, if you want guess range bombardement then just get a griffon, those things rock. And I hardly ever use lascannons in my platoons, I use either heavy bolters or missile launchers. The models I think are kinda cool, not cooler than the cadians, but still cool, they would have a second place on my list for coolest guard models.

I think the boxed set sill only be limited and after that you will have to buy all you squads, commanders etc etc seperate.

Greetz,
Alexander

"With all those big and shiny guns, it sure impresses ya when you're fighting them, but in the end it's the Imperium who is victorious"-Colonel Iskandor Craitz about the Tau

"This Craitz figure is a intresting human, he is loyal to his fractioning Imperium, but still he has honour that other humans lack. It will be a shame killing him"- Shas'O M'Yen Mesme

Armies:
Imperial Guard mech force: 1500 pts (work in progress)
Imperial Guard Infantry: 1000 pts
Tau: 1500 pts
Necrons: 2000 Pts
Old 01 Apr 2006, 11:05   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quick question for a buddy in Afghanistan and I could not find the answer on the GW site for him. Are these minis Metal or plastic? If metal are they multi part models? Thanks in advance.
Closed Thread