Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Best Doctines to represent Gue'vesa
View Poll Results: What docterines are the best to repersend traitorous humans who join the Tau?
Stormtroopers, Grenadiers, Cameleoline, Heavy Weapons Platoons, Light Infanty 2 22.22%
Veterans, Stormtroopers, Heavy Weapons Platoons, Cameleoline, Carapace Armour 2 22.22%
Mechanised, Techpreists, Carapace Armour, Die hards 1 11.11%
None 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 11 Mar 2006, 13:09   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to The Mothman
Default Best Doctines to represent Gue'vesa

Well, the time has come. I have finished my Deathwatch Guard army, and now it is time for the Gue'vesa.

Option 1: Stormtroopers represent guard giving Tau armour, and thier Hellguns, count as lasguns, refited with Tau tech to make it better. Cameleoline represents the weak stealth field around the units.

Option 2: Stormtroopers for the reasons above. Vets are soldiers who have fought beside the tau for some time. tghey have Cameleoline, and Carapace armour.

Option 3: These Guard have been granted small grav-engines (the Tanks have Rough Terrian modifications to represent this.) Carapace armour because the Tau gave them thier armour, Techpriest are Fio'Vre, Die-hards is because they believe in the Greater good so much, they they would die for it.

All my Command Squads will have a Tau representing the Officer.

the Mothman
Old 11 Mar 2006, 13:14   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Best Doctines to represent Gue'vesa

None at all. "Doctrines" are not a good way to represent 90% of the Guard armies in existence. They are supposed to be used to represent the Imperial Elite; people like the Cadians, Steel Legion, Praetorians... not some drunken hicks press-ganged into fighting three days ago. Remember this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 11 Mar 2006, 13:32   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I agree, the ability GW gave players to give Guard doctrines has made every Guard regiment an elite unit. Sort of like the non-sense that came about when Marines were allowed to pick and choose their traits and drawbacks. Now every marine player was playing a lot of the good traits and taking drawbacks like "eye to eye" or "we stand alone".

My 6 man tactical squad in a razorback has a long standing history of working alone and without allies because umm we can't fit anyone else in the razorback...yeah umm thats it.

Now the same with Guard seems to be being done and the traits are usually the same and most common traits that one can choose from. When was the last time someone said I am creating an army with swamp fighting or close order drill. And the fact that people tend to take the max doctrines instead of only 1 or 2 is ruining the whole Guard theme. We are Guardsman, not marines, not Tau, not Tyranids but the many, the foolish (sometimes for volunteering) the Imperial Guard.

Besides doesn't the Tau codex cover inducted guard in a Tau army. If they don't want to give them carapace armor or rail rifles, why should you use Guard codex to get around it
Old 11 Mar 2006, 13:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to The Mothman

Im adding a 1500 pts Imperial Guard Force to my Tau, they are two separate armies.

And I agree that two many doctines is a bad thing, but I dont want to use and Tanks, other than in the mechanised. So that is why I put the heavy weapons platoons. Light Inanfty was a ,mistake, i didnt mean to put that in.