Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Dunooine Scouts
Closed Thread
Old 11 Mar 2006, 12:18   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default The Dunooine Scouts

Seeing as how I'm finished my Death Guard, and am looking for something to work on for the rest of the year, I figured now would be a good time to do that IG army i've always wanted. I'm basing the army around a sort of Dune/Tatooine feel (hence the name). I'm looking at taking the following Doctrines:

- Drop Troops: Ambusing from hidden caves and whatnot in the desert.
- Light Infantry: Stealthers, and allows me to take some Snipers; I love snipers
- Cameleoline: Again, stealthers
- Sharpshooters: Have to make every shot count out in the harsh environs of the desert.
- Veterans: Allows me to take more Vets, which means more conversions and less models. Winnah.

I'm also including an Inquisitor and a Vindicare Assassin, just because it'll look cool. And I can't have the vindicare without the =][= anyway. I'm going to play the =][= as the leader of the scouting company, who's been entrenched with them for many many years, and has grown to become a part of the army, rather than an insurgent element.

My rough 1st draft list looks like this:

Quote:
HQ
Command Platoon
Command Squad: Senior Officer, Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol. 2x Snipers. Light Infantry, Cameleoline.
115 points

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Lord
Daemonhammer, Icon of the Just, Bolt pistol, Scourging, Grimoire of True Names.
Retinue: 2x Combat Servitors, 2 Acolytes with Storm Shields
217 points

Troops
Infantry Platoon
Squad A - Missile Launcher, Sharp, Cameleoline, Light Inf.
Squad B - Missile Launcher, Sharp, Cameleoline, Light Inf.
Command - 2 Missile Launchers, Sharp, Cameleoline, Light Inf.
310 points

Infantry Platoon
Squad A - Sniper Rifle, Sharp, Cameleoline, Light Inf.
Squad B - Sniper Rifle, Sharp, Cameleoline, Light Inf.
Command - 4 Flamers, Cameleoline, Light Inf.
274 points

Fast Attack
3x Cadian Sentinels, EA, Armoured Crew Compartments
210 points

3x Cadian Sentinels, EA, Armoured Crew Compartmnts.
210 points

3x Armageddon Sentinels, EA, Armoured Crew Compartments.
225 points

Elites
10x Hardened Vets
3x Meltaguns, Shotguns, Vet Sarge, Plasmapistol, Power Weapon, Meltabombs. Cameleoline, Light Inf.
163 points

10x Hardened Vets
3x Meltaguns, Shotguns, Vet Sarge, Plasmapistol, Power Weapon, Meltabombs. Cameleoline, Light Inf.
163 points

Vindicare Assassin
110 points

Total: 1997 points
Models: 90 models.
I've also done up (well, sort of) a test model here: http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=19912.0

As you can see, I love sentinels, and I love Vets. Hence, lots of both. Should be a fun army to play with and against, and should look really unique.

I was wondering if anyone has anything to add, suggestions on fluff or on the list or whatever? Any input would be great

Thanks
Syn.

edit: I really really would prefer an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor Lord, but seeing as they don't have rules yet... I might just model 2 Inquisitors, one OM and one OX, and change them over once the new codex hits in like 2010.

Favourite Bands: Ayreon, Dream Theater, Symphony X, Blind Guardian, Spock's Beard, Rhapsody, Sonata Arctica, Porcupine Tree, Phish.
Old 11 Mar 2006, 12:41   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: The Dunooine Scouts

I like the play on the name. The list is very narrative so I can't really find fault with the methods to your madness like points misering. I like I like, that will be a very unique army (and a LONG TIME in the making, hey it gives you something to do - helps you stay off crack or whatever - although I sometimes wonder if 40k is a worse addiction). I know this is tantamount to heresy, but there is a range of star wars figures that includes some tatooine oriented models (I was just thinking it would be kind of cute to have some jawas as ratlings and stormtroopers as, well, stormtroopers... and then add in your tallarn for the 'dune' side of the army - just throwing out ideas)
Old 11 Mar 2006, 12:49   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: The Dunooine Scouts

I'm not using Tallarn, I'm converting Cadians. Which is even worse!

Besides, despite being narrative and fun, I still live, eat and breathe tournaments, so it has to be legal. I've seen the range of Star wars mini's, very cool

But yeah, I'd like to create a really elite, fast moving (through cover anyway) and stealthy scouting force. The =][= is there because I've already got one ready to strip, so that'll save me some money

Thanks for the reply

Syn.

Favourite Bands: Ayreon, Dream Theater, Symphony X, Blind Guardian, Spock's Beard, Rhapsody, Sonata Arctica, Porcupine Tree, Phish.
Closed Thread