Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Schola Progenium Training force
Closed Thread
Old 07 Mar 2006, 22:18   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Schola Progenium Training force

Thought of a cool idea for an army yesterday, a Schola Progenium training force. These are mostly cadets that have nearly completed their training, accompanied by Sisters of Battle who have just been inducted into their orders. It'd be a bunch of different units from the Guard codex, with lots of witch hunter allies. The doctrines I'm thinking of would be:

Carapace Armour
Sharpshooters
Conscripts
Independant Commisars
Grenadiers

The reasoning behind each doctrine is as follows

Carapace armour and Sharpshooters

The soldiers in this force are training to be Stormtroopers. The vast majority of this army has not yet completed their training, being in their late teens. However they're still superior to a regular guardsmen and are aditionally equiped with better armour and equipment, to give them an idea of what they'll be using if they survive to be Storm Troopers.

Conscripts

These are cadets who are finding themselves on the field of battle for the first time. They've been living and training within the schola progenium their whole lives and this is their first taste of true combat. It is in the fire of battle that the weak will be seperated from the strong and determine who will continue training, and who will join the emperor.

Independant Commisars

These are some of the instructors or particularly skilled older cadets helping to train their younger companions. Fiercely loyal and dedicated as well as being formidable fighters, they can be found where the fighting is thickets ensuring the troops do not falter.

Grenadiers

These are Proginia who have completed their training and are leading by example in battle.

The composition of the list would probably be something like this

1 command squad
1 Cannoness
1 guard platoon of 3-5 squads.
1 Full conscript platoon
1 Squad of Iquisitorial storm troopers in rhino
1 Large squad of sisters of battle (16 or so)
Indepandant Commisar to lead conscripts
1 Unit of celestians with Immolator
1 Unit of Seraphim

No actual list yet just things I'd like to see in the army.

Modelling wise I'd probably use an assortment of Bretonian men at arms and Mordheim sisters of Sigmar to represent conscripts. I'd try to make them look like they were all wearing simple robes to show they really are just young and ill equipped.

Regular guard squads would be a combination of cadian plastics, bretonian men at arms and mordheim sisters of sigmar. They'd look like the conscripts but better armoured I would hope. Give them a more disciplined look, while still trying to keep them all robed.

The rest of the models are pretty straightforward.

What do people think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Old 07 Mar 2006, 22:22   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Schola Progenium Training force

Interesting concept... could prove fun on the field, especially when properly painted/converted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 08 Mar 2006, 01:13   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I like the idea, are the sister's of sigmar plastic models?

Also, how about modeling all the command squad troopers as commissars in training, I think they draw allot of the storm troopers from the same place as commissars, just an idea.
"If your soldiers show fear in the face of the Emperor's enemies, shoot the first man that falters. If this does not work shoot a man until the unit is either functioning properly or decimated. There can be no fear in the Imperial Guard."

----

Comment attributed to Commissar Ran Creed Attached to the Savlar 42nd

Status -- Killed by Friendly Fire
Old 08 Mar 2006, 07:56   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

sort of like a terrax gaurd in the making army, cool. make sure to give them nifty equipment like vox casters and plasma guns.

Old 08 Mar 2006, 14:15   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

@ irishoneall

No the sisters of sigmar are metal.
Indeed stormtropers and commisars (and sisters of battle) are indeed all recruited from the Schola Progenia training facilities. So I do like the idea of making the whole command squad Commisars to be, I'll definitley do that.

@Elessar

I believe the Tarrax guard are raised on a world that has a large Schola Progenium facility on it. This army will not really have a lot of voxes, instead I'll be relying a lot on Sisters of battle Vetran Sister superiors carrying books of St. Lucius. The regular squads of guard will be primarily armed with grenade launchers, autocannons and missile launchers.
I think giving them plasma guns would be too risky for troops who are still being trained.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08 Mar 2006, 14:54   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Cool concept, a storm trooper army in the making . Also like the fact that you are taking SoB allies, a really nice, mixed and special army. I agree that the new recruits shouldn't really be given plasma guns just get, maybe the grenadiers, but not the cadets. A plasma gun is a weapon that is not given away very easily and requires a lot of training.

Quote:
I presume you mean sisters of battle :-\, which are all metal, if not, well the sisters of sigmar are also all metal.

May the Emperor Protect,
Alexander

"With all those big and shiny guns, it sure impresses ya when you're fighting them, but in the end it's the Imperium who is victorious"-Colonel Iskandor Craitz about the Tau

"This Craitz figure is a intresting human, he is loyal to his fractioning Imperium, but still he has honour that other humans lack. It will be a shame killing him"- Shas'O M'Yen Mesme

Armies:
Imperial Guard mech force: 1500 pts (work in progress)
Imperial Guard Infantry: 1000 pts
Tau: 1500 pts
Necrons: 2000 Pts
Old 08 Mar 2006, 16:15   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstead
I believe the Tarrax guard are raised on a world that has a large Schola Progenium facility on it. This army will not really have a lot of voxes, instead I'll be relying a lot on Sisters of battle Vetran Sister superiors carrying books of St. Lucius. The regular squads of guard will be primarily armed with grenade launchers, autocannons and missile launchers.
I think giving them plasma guns would be too risky for troops who are still being trained.
i ment rules wise they would be something like terrax guard, but some still in training(hence the conscripts). just thought the voxes and plasma would be fluffy since this army would have access to alot of cool equipment.

Old 08 Mar 2006, 17:12   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Alexander

Quote:
I presume you mean sisters of battle :-\, which are all metal, if not, well the sisters of sigmar are also all metal.
Nope I meant Sisters of Sigmar. They'll be used to convert up some of the cadets. Since both males and females are trained in the Schola progenium. The girls go on to become Sisters of Battle, while the males are trained as Stormtroopers and commisars.

I'll use Sisters of Battle for the Sisters of Battle.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09 Mar 2006, 02:51   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I'm not sure I like the carapace/sharpshooter combo....personally i would go with stormtroopers, grenadiers, Close Order Drrill, maybe sharpshooters -OR- carapace, possible LI to represent them training for infiltration as Storm Troopers.
Old 09 Mar 2006, 16:02   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

What about an army of all storm troopers but the most you could have is 9 squads i think? And you would have two Allies and the doctrines Carapace armour, grenadiers and storm troopers.

But i do like the idea of storm troopers in training.
Closed Thread