Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Need fluff
Closed Thread
Old 07 Mar 2006, 16:00   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Need fluff

My army is currently lacking in fluff and i was wondering if anyone could help me think of some. So far I got because my army has 4 tanks it was an armoured company that got mostly destroyed or scattered and my Officers have refractor fields because they got them off the Techpriest Enginseers who were working with the armoured company and that explains the tanks but what about the rest any help would be much appreciated.

Oh BTW here is my list

HQ
Command Platoon 116 Points
Senior Officer 95 Points
Weapons: Bolt Pistol and Master-crafted Power Sword
Wargear: Melta Bombs and Refractor Field
2 Melta Guns

Ellites
10 Storm Troopers 215 Points
Veteran Seargent Master-crafted Power Sword
Wargear: Honorofica Imperialis
Weapons: Hellguns, Flamer and Grenade Launcher
Upgrades: Infiltrate and Melta Bombs

Troops
Platoon 1 267 Points
Command Platoon 81Points
Junior Officer 65 Points
Weapons: Las Pistol and Power Sword
2 Grenade Launchers

Infantry Squad 1 93 Points
Weapons: Lasguns, Lascannon and Grenade Launcher

Infantry Squad 2 93 Points

Platoon 2 240 Points
Command Platoon 77 Points
Junior Officer 61 Points
Weapons: Bolter
2 Grenade Launchers

Infantry Squad 1 93 Points

Infantry Squad 2 70 Points
Weapons: Lasguns and Plasma gun

Fast Attack
Hellhound 125 Points
Upgrades: Extra Armour and Rough Terrain Modification

Heavy Support
Basilisk 128 Points
Upgrades: Indirect Fire and Smoke Launchers

Leman Russ Battle Tank 197 Points
Weapons: Hull Lascannon and Heavy Bolter Side Sponsors
Upgrades: Pintle Mounted Heavy Stubber, Extra Armour, Rough Terrain Modification and Track Guards

Leman Russ Demolisher 212 Points
Weapons: Hull Lascannon and Plasma Cannon Side Sponsors
Upgrades: Pintle Mounted Heavy Stubber, Rough Terrain Modification and Track Guards

1500 Points Total
Old 07 Mar 2006, 16:08   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar
Default Re: Need fluff

well its really hard to help you out with fluff since its the most personal part of your army. the best way to go is think of an army you think looks cool, or you like. take it from anywhere, movies, other regiment you can even check the fluff sections of the forum. and come up with whatever stuff you like, anything at all that would make your regiment sound cooler to you. then post it and we can get together and hack away at it until we have fluff that suits your regiment.

i find it easy to find an actual army that you have seen, either in hisotry or sci-fi. starting from scratch is hard. then pick the most common terrain of their homeworld, snow, desert, city etc. after that pick a level or technology: are they primitive knights on horseback? modern day infantry? starship trooper styled future army? from that it should come easy.

Old 07 Mar 2006, 16:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Well my troops are painted like brave heart with half red and half blue so that would probably mean that they would be Scottish infantry defending their home world or hacking out their own section of the universe in the name of their god the Emperor (I'm gonna go with hacking)and on their journey they have linked up with and armoured division and their ship was destroyed during planet fall and the survivors are scattered and they have formed a search and rescue party to find the other members of their group how dose that sound?
Old 07 Mar 2006, 16:29   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnex
...to find the other members of their group how dose that sound?
what do you mean by their group? the rest of their regiment, or the rest of the battleforce they where with? if the entire regiment was split it would mean your army isn't really a regiment, just one company(or part of it). also remember that regiments are always kept entirely on one space ship whenever possible. so regiment are unlikely to be separated, so if the ship did crash the remainders of the regiment would be relativly close to eachother.

have you named them yet?

Old 07 Mar 2006, 16:34   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

No name yet. And i mean the entire battle force they were in a few ships and it is a big world.
Old 07 Mar 2006, 20:35   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Like Elessar said, your background is all personnel. I can come up with great and epic stories about regiment, but it's actually your army. Since your army is painted braveheart style, maybe you should look into Scottish history for names.

The idea of a battle company being scattered all over the planet and each regiment fighting to get into contact with one and other again is reasonable if they were fighting in a campaign which is situated on 1 planet, but your army will be fighting on dozens of differant battlefields (unless you always play on the same gaming table) and I don't think a planet will have so many differant climates :P.

May the Emperor protect,
Alexander

"With all those big and shiny guns, it sure impresses ya when you're fighting them, but in the end it's the Imperium who is victorious"-Colonel Iskandor Craitz about the Tau

"This Craitz figure is a intresting human, he is loyal to his fractioning Imperium, but still he has honour that other humans lack. It will be a shame killing him"- Shas'O M'Yen Mesme

Armies:
Imperial Guard mech force: 1500 pts (work in progress)
Imperial Guard Infantry: 1000 pts
Tau: 1500 pts
Necrons: 2000 Pts
Old 07 Mar 2006, 20:55   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Alexander
and I don't think a planet will have so many differant climates :P.
40K planets have a tendency of being one climate places. either all ice, or all jungle or all city. but its completely possible to have thousands of scenariou on one planet.

Old 07 Mar 2006, 23:00   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I'd try to help you, but I seriously need you to define what you want more, unless you want us to make a completely new fluff that's "Scottish".
Old 08 Mar 2006, 06:10   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Col. Alexander: the games terrain i play on most is either grassland or city terrain which would be representative of them traveling from one part of the planet (its not a heavily populated planet) to the other looking for the rest of their battle force and finding things like genestealer cults and other things like that. Eldar trying to find out my armies plans for the world (which is nothing but to get off this rock) all things like that.

They will just find their each other and my fluff will develop from there.

I'm getting a name maybe The Roaming Highlanders? Something like that.
Closed Thread