Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Old player, new army, 93rd Hellion Primary
Closed Thread
Old 06 Mar 2006, 18:15   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Old player, new army, 93rd Hellion Primary

I have been playing 40K for over ten years, well collecting, I have played about three times in the last five years. I am back in Grad school and have a bit more time to play since I am not working.

I have a, blood angles army, Iron warriors army, and sisters of Battle

I also have a ton of guard that I have never used.

Here is my list tell me what you think

fluff:
93rd Hellion Primary

The Hellion Primary hail from a Hive world called Hellion, the only habitable planet in the system (no name yet). Hellion's primary purpose in the Imperium is to manufacture weapons of war. Hellion is not a forge world and only manufactures the most basic elements of the imperial war machine, i.e. lasguns, flak armor, ans so forth. Most of the populations of Hellion work in the war factories or in direct support of the factories.

Life on Hellion revolves around the doctrine of war. All boys from a young age serve in conscript regiments. These conscript regiments feed the PDF forces of Hellion. This practise has gone on for generations and for the most part the populace of Hellion is proud of the world's military service to the Imperium.

However, a small society of rebels who oppose the obligatory military service have started a hit and run campaign on the world. The rebels have access to imperial weaponry because for the most part they are all manufacture Workers. These rebels give the PDF forces of Hellion the perfect chance to hone their skills in urban fighting. All imperial guard regiments drawn from Hellion come directly from the PDf forces.

The 93rd Hellion Primary regiment is primarily experienced with urban warfare and have fought in many urban warfare theaters. The regiment is lead by leading aristocrats of the world who have long military traditions in their families. However, recently an officer of common birth has been rising through the ranks and has the respect of the base line soldiers. Some of the noble officer cadre fear the possible change this upstart may bring to the regiment.

Also, a small detachment of feral warriors from an unknown world have been attached to the 93rd, possibly through a clerical error in the administorum. These warriors speak a very old version of low Gothic and have been adapting well to their new surroundings.

Doctrines:
Iron Discipline
Close order Drill
Veterans
Grenadiers

I will post my list later, I do not own any Storm Troopers yet, but I do plan on making them part of my list, well Grenadiers anyway. I guess tell me what you think about the fluf, any idea.

The paint scheme is fortress gray armor, and chaos black uniform, I would like some ideas on how to highlight the black uniforms.

This is my first post on the forum by the way hope all was in good form, sorry about any poor spelling
"If your soldiers show fear in the face of the Emperor's enemies, shoot the first man that falters. If this does not work shoot a man until the unit is either functioning properly or decimated. There can be no fear in the Imperial Guard."

----

Comment attributed to Commissar Ran Creed Attached to the Savlar 42nd

Status -- Killed by Friendly Fire
Old 06 Mar 2006, 19:03   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Old player, new army, 93rd Hellion Primary

Here is the list I will use, do not know who I will be playing, so this list is for all takers

HQ (Major Roland)
HSO- power fist, bolt pistol, master vox, two-plasma guns, iron discipline
total- 136

Commissar (Commissar Kane)
bolt pistol, PW
total - 51

Fire support
three heavy bolters
total - 80

Anti- Tank
Three lascannons
Total - 110

total HQ - 377

Troop 1

Blue Platoon

HQ
JO (LT. Marcus Vanus XXIV)
bolt pistol, two GL, two flamers, iron disc.
total 74

squad
missile launcher, vox
total 80

squad
ML, vox
total 80

Squad
Autocannon, vox
Total 80

Total Troop 1
total 314

Troop 2

Conscript Platoon
40 conscripts
total - 160

Troop 3
Grenadiers eight, two plasma guns
Chimera
Multi laser, Heavy bolter, Pintle Heavy Stubber, smoke
total - 200

Fast Attack

Hellhound
Extra armour, smoke
total - 123

Leman Russ Battle Tank
Lascannon, Heavy bolters
Total - 165

Leman Russ Battle Tank
Heavy Bolter, Heavy bolters
Total - 155

Total Heavy support - 320

Total Army- 1494

Battle plan, the conscripts will hold one flank, the regular platoon will be static with the fire support teams, the leam Russ tanks will go to the line where needed and the Hellhound and storm troopers in chimera will claim objectives or assult, whatever needs to happen.

All I need to complete this army is another leaman russ, ten storm troopers and maybe a new chimera, my old one is kind of messed up.

I have cadian plastics for the regular platoon and command squads. For the conscripts I will use a mix of old puter cadians, catachan, necromunda range,

what do you think of that?

"If your soldiers show fear in the face of the Emperor's enemies, shoot the first man that falters. If this does not work shoot a man until the unit is either functioning properly or decimated. There can be no fear in the Imperial Guard."

----

Old 06 Mar 2006, 20:43   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

well since your HSO controls the vox network im guessing you want him to avoid close combat.(can't use vox while in CC)so giving him a powerfist is a bit expensive. you better off with just a CCW or powerweapon.

lascannons are way to expensive to have 3 in a six man team. they'll be shot at very early and you'll lose VPs. your better off using Mlaunchers in the AT squads and lascannons in the squads.

im guessing your JO also has a CCW to go with that bolt pistol, right?

i really like how your going to use alot of different model ranges for the conscripts. it'll give them a rag tag look that you assosiate with conscripts, instead of rank and file soldiers like the cadian conscripts are always portrayed. but remember to keep the commandsquad VERY close, since they are Ld5 on their own.

as to highlighting black armour http://uk.games-workshop.com/spacema...lack-armour/1/, hope that helps.

Old 06 Mar 2006, 22:07   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

The only reason for the powerfist is the model itself, and I just like the idea of the officer having it, yes the JO will have CCW, not a bad idea about the lascannon team I will look into that

However, since I have not played in awhile I have a rule question, could I set up the anti tank squad behind several of the squads and shoot "through" my own men, as long as they are not in Hand to hand, at enemy squads?

And any enemy unit trying to shoot at the anti tank squad, would have to take a leadership test because I have another squad in front?

Is that all correct

----

Old 06 Mar 2006, 22:24   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishoneall
However, since I have not played in awhile I have a rule question, could I set up the anti tank squad behind several of the squads and shoot "through" my own men, as long as they are not in Hand to hand, at enemy squads?

And any enemy unit trying to shoot at the anti tank squad, would have to take a leadership test because I have another squad in front?

Is that all correct
both are correct

Old 06 Mar 2006, 22:32   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Thanks for the clarification and the link, I enjoy this forum alot more trafic than others I used to be part of.

----

Old 07 Mar 2006, 00:24   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I would also remove the power-fist, even if just for looks. If you must though, make it a master-crafted power weapon. It costs less, and will do more damage. You could pass off the 'fist with a small conversion to satisfy the WYSIWYG players, and voila.

About the fluff.
I dis-like the part about "a clerical error in the administratum". It happens, but in this case it seems kind of... I don't know how to say it, but it's not working for me. I suggest you try something more like:
Deep beneath the hive factories, there is a sub-culture of less civilized humans, that live in the deepest reaches of the under-hive, where none but themselves pass. Occasionally, one of the ab-humans will be cast out of his community, and he travels higher in the hive in search of employment. Often, military "recruiters" will press him into the service, etc. etc. Hives don't just have plaoin ol' humans, make use of that.
Of course, if you like it the way it is, well than remember these are just suggestions.
Old 07 Mar 2006, 03:04   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

i have another idea-

The defense of Lyrius X was done- there had just been too many of the green skinned bastards. The platoon ran as fast as they could for the LZ. The last ship would be dusting off any minute. The crack of las guns intermingled with the roar of the crude ork guns. Tracers and las bolts flickered through the air like a swarm of deadly wasps.

As the last of the hellions on planet boarded their drop ship, ready to run for orbit, they blinked in surprise. There seemed to be two or three dozen rather feral looking soldiers in here already, dabbed in jungle camo. They glanced at the rugged, rather uniquely dressed fellows at the back of their craft with utter shock and confusion. Their ramshackle gear nearly made the Commissar have a corinary. As the commissar struggled with his self control the Lt. spoke up

"Ummmm who the hell are you?"

Basicly, they never find their parent unit, so the Hellions are sorta stuck with them.
Old 07 Mar 2006, 05:24   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to wonderboy

are the feral warriors the conscripts?
if so, why not add a squad or two of deathworld vetrans instead? (assualt team)

medics are extremely under rated. i suggest you get some. they have saved me dozens of times.

2000 points
1500 points
my army lists.
Old 07 Mar 2006, 06:21   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

The feral warriors are not going to be the conscripts, I converted a squad of ten out of plastic cadians, catachans, and chaos marauder sprees. The effect was quite cool. I gave half of the men top knots and the others have beards. This represents the older warrior (elders) and the younger warriors. this squad was based on an old White dwarf article talking about different guard regiments I forget which one, it was something highlanders.

Any way They will be my veteran squad when all is said and done.

The conscripts are going to be a mix of the old puter cadians, catachans and necromuda models from my huge collection.

About your fluff suggestions:

I like both Mike and Sanders ideas

The mistaken mix of the regiments appeals to me for some reason.

The ferals may owe an honor debt to this "commoner officer" who is rising through the ranks of the Hellion regiment and joined the Hellions only for this man.

I have toyed with the idea of making some ab-human units just for fun and Sanders your idea might work well. The bottom of the barrel, barley human sub species, creeps up from the under hive every now and then. And even they must adhere to the strict laws of military service on Hellion (after passing minimal gene screening of course for acceptable mutations)

I have also thought about modeling every officer (except serg.) and Grenadiers to look more "noble" or like an aristocrat. Any modeling ideas? bare in mind these aristocrats come from a long line of soldiers and are not wimps with wigs

----

Closed Thread