Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Executioner?
Closed Thread
Old 06 Mar 2006, 01:29   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Executioner?

Does anyone use them? I mean the tank, Executioner. It's the one with the big, 'ard, plasma shooty-thingy that has rules that, for such an awesome model...
are terrible.

Too me, it seems like an over-priced Conqueror, that's not as good at it's job, and I honestly wonder what the Forge World people were thinking when they made up the stats.

Now, does anyone have any good tactical niches for them? Because even though I want one... I can't necessarily say I'm going to cough up about 200pts worth of tank for the model itself.

Comments?

Edited so it's clearer what tank we're all on about.
-Wargamer.
Old 06 Mar 2006, 01:41   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Exterminator?

Methinks you either have your names or rules the wrong way round - the Exterminator actually costs less than a Conquerer, and is more accurate with TL Autocannons.

The Plasma Destroyer tank is the Exectutioner - one hell of a weapon, it can outrange a Lascannon and blow holes in MEQs or TEQs (T is for Terminator, kids :P).
Old 06 Mar 2006, 02:51   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Probably, like a lot of FW tanks, for fluff.

Its good for doing a few things, like say, supporting Conquerors.

I think the rules ahould be redone to make it a bit more formidible.

I'd use it, if there weren't better FW models to spend money on.

Stankov

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 06 Mar 2006, 03:01   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Exterminator is a very good tank in the AC. A lot of people use it as their command tank, less points then the others and really more accurate as Dra-Tuisich'Novae pointed out. With tl-ac, 3 HB it is a great AP 4 tank.
Old 06 Mar 2006, 06:36   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

the exterminator is better than both the conqueror and Executioner, its cheap and it pours out a hell of alot of fire. the conqueror is just a glorified frag launcher, not really worth its points. the executioner is just a long ranged plamsa cannon, again, not worth the points.

Old 06 Mar 2006, 07:27   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Neither the Conqueror nor the Executioner are priced "competitively", but that's not the point of them. The point is they are Forgeworld, and look great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 06 Mar 2006, 17:01   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elessar
the conqueror is just a glorified frag launcher, not really worth its points.
I thought the Conquerer used the pie plate as I guessed everything under the Ordnance section of the AC list in the Summary section used the pie plate such as the Destroyer Tank Hunter. Well crap guess my friends are gonna be pissed at me lol.
Old 06 Mar 2006, 17:10   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonia

I thought the Conquerer used the pie plate as I guessed everything under the Ordnance section of the AC list in the Summary section used the pie plate such as the Destroyer Tank Hunter. Well c**p guess my friends are gonna be pissed at me lol.
nope neither of them use pie plates since neither are ordanace, just small templates(i thought the conqueror used big template at first aswell). thats sort of the whole point of the conqueror, fireing sponsons and main weapon. the destroyer is sort of like ordanance, it uses the smaller template and uses BS, but it counts as ordanence for armour penetration purposes(rolls 2D6 picks highest, rolls on OP table)

Old 07 Mar 2006, 00:14   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

oh yes, Ellesar.

The [i]Exterminator[i] is very cool. It's a good tank.

The Executioner is what I mean in my original post.
Old 07 Mar 2006, 20:18   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Executioner?

No you are right, the executioner is indeed not really worth it's points, but it is at least better than a conqueror IMO. It's just a conqueror with a better AP and S, nothing more. Forgeworld has meant these tanks to be competitive. FW works on stuff to support the background of certain armies, not necessarily to make them cooler and better units. Sure sometimes something good and cool comes out (like their siege tanks and the Elysian drop troop rules), but most of the units are just not worth it.

May the Emperor Protect,
Alexander

"With all those big and shiny guns, it sure impresses ya when you're fighting them, but in the end it's the Imperium who is victorious"-Colonel Iskandor Craitz about the Tau

"This Craitz figure is a intresting human, he is loyal to his fractioning Imperium, but still he has honour that other humans lack. It will be a shame killing him"- Shas'O M'Yen Mesme

Armies:
Imperial Guard mech force: 1500 pts (work in progress)
Imperial Guard Infantry: 1000 pts
Tau: 1500 pts
Necrons: 2000 Pts
Closed Thread