Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Paradroping
Closed Thread
Old 07 Nov 2004, 15:44   #11 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Orion
Default Re: Paradroping

yep 7 plasma shots can do that but im bound to overheat atleast 1 time per 6 shots and i only have a 33% save so lets see how many times i'll die

.777% of the time i overheat and die with 7 plasma guns and fail my save.

Not 2 bad considering i'll b wounding them ona 2+ in most cases and they only get inv saves.

This could devastate a unit of marines then let they try to assault back.

Also i 4got the las guns so thats even more dmg

"The quiet mouth gets fed last, Ask and you shall recieve"
-Unlimiter-
Old 07 Nov 2004, 20:43   #12 (permalink)
Ethereal

Meh, if your facing my Khorne army, the Aspiring Champion would survive and he'd walk over the Guardsmen with a nice and big lightning claw and go cutty cutty cutty... Anyways, I transgress here...

Back on topic, I like your idea and I toyed with the idea, but then decided to go with a conventional IG army...
Old 08 Nov 2004, 12:56   #13 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Your missing the point i dont use just this 1 squad to kill off an entire enemy squad i combind it with a well placed BC shot and then use plasma to finish the squad off.

The squad may die but its only 80 pts while a squad of 10 berserks is what 200? More if u take furious charge and chain axes they are what 23 or 24?

-Unlimiter-
Old 08 Nov 2004, 13:14   #14 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Brother-Captain

Yeah... but the guardsmen are also very fragile... I think if I saw this I would immedietly unload on them with one of my Terminator squads lets see. Assuming they have carapace armor...

8 Storm bolter shots, anywhere between 3-8 of them will most likely hit and about half that number will wound, so you have a 1/2 chance to save those wounds... the assault cannon on the other hand... I'd say maybe two assault cannon rounds will hit and wound, penetrating your armor and also causing instant death (S 6 to T 3) that would eat your officer allive.

I wouldn't risk my HQ on that kind of attack... maybe the veteran idea, that seems a bit more of a sane idea. Also, if you loose your officer doesn't that cause a major problem with your army's morale?

"Death is but a passing into a new existance, Heresy is the only true form of death, as it leads to damnation." -Attributed to Cheif Librarian Varcus

If you feel like striking up a good conversation, Warhammer related or otherwise, contact me on my AIM name (Specter Zerus)
Old 08 Nov 2004, 13:35   #15 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Officers i am just talking about an elite choice vetrans but the vetran sgt can select officer weps.

I wouldnt risk droping my hq down in the middle of something like that.

And the fact is they they are pretty much just seek and destroy seeing as they can rapid fire on the turn they arrive. And my sgt will ethier have plasma pistol and power wep or stormbolter i havent deciced.

If i wanted i could toss honorifica on him for a suprise to the enemy.

I see what your saying say u have 8 terminators i drop my men down and fire 7 plasma shots at u 66% hit 83% wound and u get a 33% save this squad obviously isnt great for killing termies i wanted them for killing mostly marines and monsterous creatures. But say 3 termies die mabe 4 depening on the rolls. you also have to count in the 12 str 3 shots which hit 66% wound 33% and are saved 83% of the time thats what like 2 kills mabe 3 if i get lucky then the termies retaliate say i killed 5 of em
they shoot back 6 storm hits they pop off 4 men easy. Then they assault they have powerfists which means they strike last and my vet with powerwep. Hits back at i4 with 5 attacks 4 base +1 two weps. 50% hit 33% wound so another 1 or 2 termies ded.

This squad could kill off a pack of termies but in most cases will just wound 1 down to 1/2 men or so. the great thing about this is the enemy waists shooting and assaulting to fire backwards and assault to thier rear. this waists enemy movement and if they use devastators to shoot my men down while i am attacking a tank in the rear or something the models cannot actually fire at me since they have to use movement to turn arround.

Thanks 4th ed.

-Unlimiter-
Old 08 Nov 2004, 18:56   #16 (permalink)
Ethereal

Paratroopers doctrine allows you to deep strike more then just vets and if you dropped several squads in behind my lines, then your in for it coz my Berserkers have a tendanchy to go from one squad to another in a fairly short time.

Oh and whats this devastators turning around? They still have a 360 degree field of vision don't they, so they would just turn on the spot.
Old 08 Nov 2004, 20:00   #17 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Brother-Captain

I must admit this guy seems to have some frightening and interesting Guardsmen strategies...

Also, I never thought about this, how about dropping 1/4 your army back there? Even if they do get wiped out quickly that meens I have to turn around, kill the drop troopers, and then turn back around, march all the way across the board, under fire of your heavy guns, and when I get in range a whole hurricane of las-bolts to greet me... sounds nasty, try going halfway with your sniper army idea... hehehe

"Death is but a passing into a new existance, Heresy is the only true form of death, as it leads to damnation." -Attributed to Cheif Librarian Varcus

If you feel like striking up a good conversation, Warhammer related or otherwise, contact me on my AIM name (Specter Zerus)
Old 08 Nov 2004, 20:17   #18 (permalink)
Ethereal

To be honest, that would tie up most of my Khorne army for about a turn or two, more then worth it however!
Old 08 Nov 2004, 20:21   #19 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT (Farseer Tyross)
Paratroopers doctrine allows you to deep strike more then just vets and if you dropped several squads in behind my lines, then your in for it coz my Berserkers have a tendanchy to go from one squad to another in a fairly short time.

Oh and whats this devastators turning around? They still have a 360 degree field of vision don't they, so they would just turn on the spot.
The doctrine is called Drop Troops. :P
Old 09 Nov 2004, 15:30   #20 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

ya thats pretty much it but i had another crazy idea. This army would include 5 suacide squads. 3 vets with plasma or flamer or melta depending, and a squad of special support squads with 2 plasma and 1 Demolotion charge.

The charge units will b much harder to use deepstriking within 6inches is risky.

But the outcome = ordance blast on the back of your army and then 2 plasma shoots to boot. as well as a measly 6 las shots but i think 4 plasma shots 6 las shots and a str 8 ap 3 ordance blast can kill off most of your unit. And then you lose a Turn just cuz u have to go back and kill whatever is left of those 6 men.
Khorne cant rapid fire because they have to assault me so they have to come backwards 6 inch's just to play with 50 pts of guys.

And once they actually get to my side of the field i'll have all kinds of fire just waiting for them. but this is after i kill off any vehicle that threatens me.

Can dreds or defilers survive 7 plasma shots in the a$$ i certianly hope not.

-Unlimiter-
Closed Thread