Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1500pt Armored Company, with doctrines.
Closed Thread
Old 04 Mar 2006, 02:03   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default 1500pt Armored Company, with doctrines.

Yes yes I know the cardinal rule of the Armored Company is no doctrines and to squeeze in as many vehicles as possible. But I've been having alot of problems against my friend's Necron list. He uses about 30 warriors, 10 Immortals and a few Lords with orbs. He will probably be taking out the extra lord and adding a Monolith soon as well. In the past 3 games Ive landed maybe 3 ordnance shots on target with the rest scattering off and making all my fancy Demolisher cannons and Battle cannons with the ability to put his crons down, useless.

My list was this.
HQ: Exterminator: Hull Bolter, Bolter Sponsoons, Pintle Stubber: 247 pts
Elites:
Tank Ace: Destroyer Tank Hunter, Extra Armor: 240
Troops:
Leman Russ: Hull bolter, Sponsoon Bolters: 155 pts
Heavy:
Demolisher: Hull Lascannon, Sponsoon Meltas: 185
Demolisher: Hull Lascannon, Sponsoon Meltas: 185
Demolisher: Hull Lascannon, Sponsoon Plasma Cannons: 175
1497 pts. Extra armor on the fragile vehicle just because I had a few points leftover.

Im thinking about sacking one of the Demolishers and adding Ace Gunners to all of my Ordnance units. With the ability to reroll the scatter dice I can effectively land on target twice as much. And to comply with Aces High rule Id take Forge Crafted and Improved Sponsoons on my elite and HQ.

I know Im losing a kitted out Demolisher, but maybe now my pie plates will actually kill something rather than creating a new lunar surface all around my enemy.
Old 04 Mar 2006, 02:21   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: 1500pt Armored Company, with doctrines.

My only advice is lose the multi meltas and pick up plasma cannons
Old 04 Mar 2006, 09:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

unless your absolutly sure hes going to bring a monolith there is no point in having the destryoer tank hunter. its very expencieve and its not really that good at tank hunting

get rid of the multi meltas on your demolishers, you wont be doing that much tank hunting.

if your only real problem against the 'crons is missing then ace gunner is a must. double your chances of hitting spot on.

as for keeping up with the Ace High special rule, forgecrafted is great for both, and improved sponsons will work wonders with your exterminator, but i dont think your destroyer can use them

Old 04 Mar 2006, 19:29   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

The destroyer tank hunter is just so I can use the big gun to double toughness kill his heavy destroyers (he brings 3 squads of 2) from range, and if he does bring the Lith then I actually have something that can kill it.

And ya Ill switch out the meltas to Plasma. I was thinking str 8 to kill the warriors, but he keeps a lord in his big warriors squad so really no point to having str 8 vs str 7 as long as they both AP.

The improved sponsoons were just the cheapest 5pt doctrine I could use to get Aces High to 25 points, but I just reread the rule again and it only applys to standard Russes so Im in a bit of a bind. The only Doctrines Id like to take for my Elite and HQ would be forge crafted but now I have to take a 10 pt doctrine.

Heres the new list
Necron with Doctrines.
HQ: Exterminator: Hull Bolter, Bolter Sponsoons, Pintle Stubber, Forge Crafted, Ace Sponsoon Gunners: 267
Elites:
Tank Ace: Destroyer Tank Hunter, Forge Crafted, Ace Sponsoon Gunners: 265
Troops:
Leman Russ: Hull bolter, Sponsoon Bolters, Ace Gunners: 180 pts
Heavy:
Demolisher: Hull Lascannon, Sponsoon Plasma Cannons, Ace Gunners: 200
Demolisher: Hull Lascannon, Sponsoon Plasma Cannons, Ace Gunners: 200
1472, Ill probably throw some Extra Armor on the elite and HQ or lascannons on the Russes to eat up the remaining points.
Closed Thread