Night Riders 1850 Armoured Company List
Closed Thread
Old 02 Mar 2006, 23:50   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Night Riders 1850 Armoured Company List

Command Tank-Colonal/Commisar Pyrius of the Nightriders
Widow Maker
Leman Russ Vanquisher
Hull Mounted Lascannon, Sponson Mounted Flamers ,Extra Amor, Rough Terrain Modification, Track Guards, Side Skirts,Forge Crafted, Improved Comms
355 points

Elites
Tank Ace-Major Velites
Hatemonger
Destoyer Tank Hunter
Hunter Killer Missiles, Extra Amor, Side Skirts
265 Points

Tank Ace-Major Kain
Shadowy Doom
Destoyer Tank Hunter
265 Points

Troops
Leman Russ Battletank-Captain Pachael
Doom Bringer
Sponson Mounted Heavy Bolter,Crush and Grind, Extra Amor

Leman Russ Battletank-Captain Exies
Shadow BladeSponson Mounted Heavy Bolter,Crush and Grind, Extra Amor

Leman Russ Battletank-Captain Sudrubal
Imperial Bane

Leman Russ Battletank-Captain Bhaal
Daemon SonSponson Mounted Heavy Bolter,Crush and Grind, Extra Amor

Leman Russ Demolisher-Captain Lucius
Storm Rider
Sponson Mounted Heavy Bolter, Extra Amor

Leman Russ Demolisher-Captain Payne
Last Sight

Doctrines used...
Crush and Grind
Forge Crafted
Side Skirts

i dont know if its any good but it looks fun to play...its a traitor army in service of the Nightlords btw...
Old 03 Mar 2006, 00:17   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Night Riders 1850 Armoured Company List

change your command tank to an Exterminator. You get more shots with that BS4, and the Vanquisher is already a bullet magnet, especially when you tack on the extra points.

Change the Vanquisher to a Tank Ace, and put the Destroyer Tank Hunter in the support tank section.

You should have more than enough points to do that since your troops section has 6 choices, and I see only one tank ace and only one command tank. You should have 4 choices.

EDIT: Just read that it's a traitor army. Given that, I just don't think that having "Forge Crafted" is very fluffy at all, and that's what the doctrines are about. If the tank was made on a forge world anyway, but then rebelled, the proximity to Chaos and blasphemous things would wipe away any blessings made by the Techpriests. In addition, it's just a bad doctrine anyhow. Not worth the points.

With the points I've cleared up for you, how about going and getting some Chimeras? Infantry is really important, and getting a lot in the game is really helpful. Besides, it will allow you some awesome conversion possibilities for the traitors.
Old 03 Mar 2006, 03:51   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Earlydawn

Where does one find the Armored Company rules this is based on?
Old 03 Mar 2006, 04:16   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

It is in a white dwarf and not techinically official. You have to check with the individual tournaments to see if AC is allowed to be used.
Old 03 Mar 2006, 12:01   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I believe the army list is also posted on the UK GW site. At the bottom of the IG site.
Old 03 Mar 2006, 13:21   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKTROOPER
Command Tank-Colonal/Commisar Pyrius of the Nightriders
Widow Maker
Leman Russ Vanquisher
Hull Mounted Lascannon, Sponson Mounted Flamers ,Extra Amor, Rough Terrain Modification, Track Guards, Side Skirts,Forge Crafted, Improved Comms
355 points
...You put Flamers on a Vanquisher!? This tank is meant to stay back and fire! I have no idea what half this junk does, but I'd put good money on the fact you're wasting points. You've got 355pts of tank here, and I can guarantee you're going to lose this tank fast. Every AT gun will be hunting for it.

You've got two DTHs, you don't need to be wasting points on a Vanquisher. Replace it for an Exterminator, and stop wasting points on stupid Doctrines. I could squeeze an extra tank out of all that garbage!

Quote:
Elites
Tank Ace-Major Velites
Hatemonger
Destroyer Tank Hunter
265 Points

Tank Ace-Major Kain
Shadowy Doom
Destoyer Tank Hunter
265 Points
Not sure what Side Skirts are... but I'm not sure you need that HK Missile. Extra Armour is wise, largely because if these tanks do come under fire, and get shaken, you'll want to run for cover!

Quote:
Troops
Leman Russ Battletank-Captain Pachael
Doom Bringer

Leman Russ Battletank-Captain Exies
Shadow BladeSponson Mounted Heavy Bolter,Crush and Grind, Extra Amor

Leman Russ Battletank-Captain Sudrubal
Imperial Bane

Leman Russ Battletank-Captain Bhaal
Daemon SonSponson Mounted Heavy Bolter,Crush and Grind, Extra Amor
You need Hull Weapons you know. : I will assume you mean Hull-Mounted Heavy Bolter.

This is a waste of potential; you need to squeeze every last drop of firepower from your tanks. They must have Sponsons, simply because as they are, they are near useless once the main gun is lost. Give them a Las/Bolter combo, and they can still do anything from tank-hunting to Hoard-killing, main gun or no.

Crush and Grind? Waste of time. This ain't a Steam Tank Reunion... let your guns do the work. If people try and fight you hand to hand, you have a gearbox. Put it in reverse, and hammer them with shooting.

Quote:
Leman Russ Demolisher-Captain Lucius
Storm Rider

Leman Russ Demolisher-Captain Payne
Last Sight
As above. These tanks are one-weapon wonders. "Weapon Destroyed" is a word that will cripple this list...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 03 Mar 2006, 18:18   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I gotta agree with the others- Exterminator for your command tank, drop the Grinding and throw bolter sponsons on everything. I love the destroyer tank hunter and I have faith in it. Infintry as they said seems pretty vital in nearly every game- you might want some. If you're not a fan of Armored fist, and we all know only 1 storm Trooper squadf is a waste... you could fit some allies from the Witch Hunters list in pretty well.
Old 03 Mar 2006, 21:33   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKTROOPER
Doctrines used...
Crush and Grind
Forge Crafted
Side Skirts

i dont know if its any good but it looks fun to play...its a traitor army in service of the Nightlords btw...
ugh, dont like doctrines in armoured companies. like wargamer said, dont even bother with crush and grind. while fluffy and cool it wont win you any battles.

forgecrafted is a nifty trick to have around, but its only worth it if you use it on a really smacked up tank. and while your vanquisher is pretty smacked up it shouldn't be. so after you scrape off all the useless stuff you've welded on it wont be worth the 20 points you paid for it.

Side skirts is actually pretty good on open maps. if you are playing in dense terrain its not worth it since you'll be able to keep your sides hidden. but on open, wide terrain its great. the only doctrine i would take regularly. the only problem with this doctrine is that tanks with sideskirts look obscenely ugly, so i dont take this doctrine simply to avoid ruining my tanks. if your not actually going to convert it then its ok.

Closed Thread