Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Question
Closed Thread
Old 02 Mar 2006, 02:00   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Question

with the zeno-fighters doctrine, i noticed it doesn't include Tau, can u still have Zeno-Fighters Tau or did they exclude tau for a reason?

p.s.
since this question has probably been asked already, could you reply with a link if it has and lock the topic, only if it has been asked though

Turning and Turning in the widening gyre, the falcon cannot hear the falconer; Things fall apart; The centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world.
W.B. Yeates
The Second Coming

Thanks to Drobot for the sig
Old 02 Mar 2006, 02:02   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Question

Well... Xeno-Fighting against Tau would be nothing short of useless - there are two models in the army, both HQs, that have better WS than a standard Guardsman, and most models have worse.

Ergo, Xeno-Fighters: Tau does not exist.
Old 02 Mar 2006, 02:05   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

cheers mate,
so my best option would be to run like hell towards the tau frontline and charge ( a tactic the guard dont get to use much!)

Turning and Turning in the widening gyre, the falcon cannot hear the falconer; Things fall apart; The centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world.
W.B. Yeates
The Second Coming

Thanks to Drobot for the sig
Old 02 Mar 2006, 03:40   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

Nope... don't run. People often think Tau are the shootiest army there is wrong!. Sit back and take as much long ragne stuff as you can.

A quote i said that ended up on my clubs quotes list was 'A tau player isn't expecting an opponent to shoot back.' Becuase even the tau players said they rarly if ever have some shooting back whilst static (in other words not on the assault)
Old 02 Mar 2006, 04:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

As others have said the glorious IG can outrange and outshoot the Tau as it stands today. Not sure how the new codex will affect things. I have heard rumours that markerlights build up tokens which a Tau player can redeem for various effects ie... a whole squad can be given a +1 BS for 1 token.

Anyways, with our autocannons, lascannons, mortars, vehicles we can generally outshoot tau as long as we prioritize targets. A close Vox net is useful too to keep our men from running.
Old 02 Mar 2006, 06:58   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

id still go for a mechanized guard and charge. while in theory IG can outshoot tau, they can't take asmuch punishing. while firewarriors might come under a hail of fire their 4+ save will mean they jump right back up. guardsmen dont get saves against tau shooting. in combat on the other hand...........

my suggestion is either get mechanized, loads of armoured fists or light infantry to try and get up close and personal with them. alsong as your locked in combat their firewarriors can't hurt you. and while guardsmen are by no means greyknights they can hold their own against tau.

Old 02 Mar 2006, 09:42   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Mechanised vs Tau turns ugly. Fast.

SIGAFH knocks Tau for six. Once they lose their Broadsides and Hammerheads, they're forced to footslog into 30" range, or closer, taking heavy weapon fire every step of the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 03 Mar 2006, 01:55   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Gatler Send a message via MSN to Gatler

Heh... I use a Hybrid army. Messes them up every time. Until the Ordinance comes down that is... then I just get obliterated. But I consistently take at least half his army with me, if not more.

Mechanized? I laugh at it, unless you're talking about Armoured Company or something similar. There's nothing in my army that doesn't eat Chimeras for breakfast, so no worries there.

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Old 05 Mar 2006, 08:06   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex.W
( a tactic the guard dont get to use much!)
I use his tactic in nearly every game. I play a Death Korps of Kreig army that is based on the German WWI army. After pounding the hell out of the opposition line by my basalisks my entire infantry line charges (very fluffy as the death Korps often go on suicide charges, and this is a WWI tactic). Many die but more make it into combat.
Closed Thread